• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

• 723fb80a-2dde-42a3-9793-7ae1be57c87f-2.pdf
    267.7 KB · Views: 6,160
Last edited:
I have very high limit cards from ICICI and do not have any relationship with HDFC whatsoever (No cards, no account). I also fulfill the income criteria. How do I apply for Infinia using "Card To Card" method? What exactly is this method? Never heard about it.

kalyana36

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
If I want to upgrade from DCB to Infinia through ITR method, should I follow the same process? Just shoot an email to the grievance redressal and attach the latest ITR?

Current CL on DCB is 17.5L. And last 6 months spends are ~6.5L.

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have very high limit cards from ICICI and do not have any relationship with HDFC whatsoever (No cards, no account). I also fulfill the income criteria. How do I apply for Infinia using "Card To Card" method? What exactly is this method? Never heard about it.
Card to card is nothing just not applying based on you income but based on any of your credit cards. Generally if you have good limit (10L plus) on your existing cards other banks (not all) also match it. I recently got my IDFC Wealth card with 10L limit based on my HDFC Infinia Limit of 10.4L. On website this method is not generally available. Either mail the bank or meet someone at the branch in person.

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃
how u got it LTF
I have a salary account with HDFC bank since 2016. It has been a long journey from Regalia First to Regalia to Inifinia. Regalia First was offered to me LTF while opening the account which was later upgraded.

hunk66

TF Neo
I was having a regalia for many years and came across this forum, thought of mailing the bank and wrote a simple mail to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank

Hi,
Presently I hold a Regalia credit card no. xxxx with a limit of 10.32 L

I wish to upgrade my existing Regalia card to Infinia metal card or Diners Club Black; prefer Infinia though for my fetish for metal card.

Kindly help me with the upgrade.

Got a reply after 2 days that they have reviewed my request and upgrading my card. Sent me the form to fill, didnt attach any ITR or income proof and sent back the form.

Finally got my card on 3rd October

I was having a regalia for many years and came across this forum, thought of mailing the bank and wrote a simple mail to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank

Hi,
Presently I hold a Regalia credit card no. xxxx with a limit of 10.32 L

I wish to upgrade my existing Regalia card to Infinia metal card or Diners Club Black; prefer Infinia though for my fetish for metal card.

Kindly help me with the upgrade.

Got a reply after 2 days that they have reviewed my request and upgrading my card. Sent me the form to fill, didnt attach any ITR or income proof and sent back the form.

Finally got my card on 3rd October
LTF or FYF ?

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I dont know why but for the first time ever I kind of badly wanted to specific card (Infinia) to the point that I obsessively followed up but they didn't even give me options or reasons why I am not eligible. Just said cant upgrade. Had I known this would be the case, would have asked HDFC to upgrade me to Infinia back when they were giving it out like biscuit samples in big bazaar (occasionally come across random chintu pintu on twitter flaunting Infinia, along with hazaar other cards as if it is a competition). I just loved the hassle free experience of 15 years. So now having decided to stop using DCB (unable to generate pin even after 2 weeks) I want to move on. But whenever I see a post where HDFC has upgraded someone to Infinia, I feel a bit sad and angry, to the point I want to open some savings account with a sizable deposit and close it at the earliest possible time just to tell them this is for spitting on my loyalty.
So, an update.

Wrote a simple letter to someone asking how can I continue using Diners Black if the acceptance is a gamble.

In two days, I had this in my hand:
1665337640884.png
@TechnoFino

catcat

TF Select
Hi everyone, thanks for this thread. I was trying to figure out how to get an Infinia, and I landed up here. So this is me:

1. Total expenses: approx 16L, of which 9.25L is rent, 2L is NPS.
2. I have had a Regalia card since Feb 2021. (Had a titanium in 2011. Upgraded to Moneyback-> Regalia First-> Regalia)
3. Limit on HDFC regalia recently (on Oct 4) upgraded to 10.48L
4. I got an email saying that points for rent/property management to be capped to 1K per month. Meanwhile I acquired an Axis Vistara Infinite, so that's what I use. Spends on HDFC Regalia in last 12 months around 4L.
5. FY 2021-22's ITR is 32L (Jaipur). Actually, its more, but I pay my parents rent to reduce taxes, and that brings down my ITR amount.
6. Am an alumnus of one of the older IIMs.

Why am I looking for an upgrade to DCB/Infinia?
1. Looking for unlimited access to lounges for myself, but more importantly, add-on card holders when they travel alone (parents, wife to be)
2. Looking to buy a car using CC (Amount: 6-7L) Not straightforward, but I am inspired by this story. Looking for a good reward rate.

My questions are:
1. Is there a realistic chance of getting and Infinia? I guess they're only issuing Metal these days.
2. Is there a realistic chance of getting DCB? Is the LTF offer still on for IIM alumni? If it is, what's the right channel to use?
3. What's the best way to get the upgrade? I have an RM in my city. Is it better to go via RM or via the grievance mail address?
4. In the remote event that I am eligible to get an Infinia card, what would be the major advantages over a DCB, especially if it the DCB were LTF? The the lounge accesses and reward rate seem to be the same, which are my most important criteria.

Would appreciate help from the experienced members.

PS: A few months ago (perhaps around April 2022), my RM said the ITR lower income limit was 36L.

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone, thanks for this thread. I was trying to figure out how to get an Infinia, and I landed up here. So this is me:

1. Total expenses: approx 16L, of which 9.25L is rent, 2L is NPS.
2. I have had a Regalia card since Feb 2021. (Had a titanium in 2011. Upgraded to Moneyback-> Regalia First-> Regalia)
3. Limit on HDFC regalia recently (on Oct 4) upgraded to 10.48L
4. I got an email saying that points for rent/property management to be capped to 1K per month. Meanwhile I acquired an Axis Vistara Infinite, so that's what I use. Spends on HDFC Regalia in last 12 months around 4L.
5. FY 2021-22's ITR is 32L (Jaipur). Actually, its more, but I pay my parents rent to reduce taxes, and that brings down my ITR amount.
6. Am an alumnus of one of the older IIMs.

Why am I looking for an upgrade to DCB/Infinia?
1. Looking for unlimited access to lounges for myself, but more importantly, add-on card holders when they travel alone (parents, wife to be)
2. Looking to buy a car using CC (Amount: 6-7L) Not straightforward, but I am inspired by this story. Looking for a good reward rate.

My questions are:
1. Is there a realistic chance of getting and Infinia? I guess they're only issuing Metal these days.
2. Is there a realistic chance of getting DCB? Is the LTF offer still on for IIM alumni? If it is, what's the right channel to use?
3. What's the best way to get the upgrade? I have an RM in my city. Is it better to go via RM or via the grievance mail address?
4. In the remote event that I am eligible to get an Infinia card, what would be the major advantages over a DCB, especially if it the DCB were LTF? The the lounge accesses and reward rate seem to be the same, which are my most important criteria.

Would appreciate help from the experienced members.

PS: A few months ago (perhaps around April 2022), my RM said the ITR lower income limit was 36L.
I also live in a Tier 2/3 city. 2 days back I met my RM and ask her to upgrade my brother’s Regalia to Infinia. 2-3 points which might be helpful for you.

1) Having a Imperia account helps, check if you don’t have already and you can upgrade.
2) Don’t know about what’s written on papers but I was told the net salary requirement per month is 2.25-2.5L. In some cases they can push the gross as well.
3) Previous spend trend is also a factor they consider.
4) The regional head generally approves these card upgrade and LTF requests. Ask the RM to get his/her approval.

Applying through a RM can give you real time updates rather than mailing and calling the customer care. Also you can slowly build a relationship which helps in long run.