• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

• 723fb80a-2dde-42a3-9793-7ae1be57c87f-2.pdf
    267.7 KB · Views: 6,187
Last edited:

ragz

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I thought Rupay Regalia LTF will be beneficial for UPI transactions; I didn't check Tata neu eligibility that time; Now I am planning to close IOCL; Also I fear my total limit 4.98 (4.78+0.20) will reduce to 4.78 ; Kindly advise
Only card getting upgraded's limit is considered for eligibility check so only rupay regalia will be considered not iocl

Pawan_KS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I thought Rupay Regalia LTF will be beneficial for UPI transactions; I didn't check Tata neu eligibility that time; Now I am planning to close IOCL; Also I fear my total limit 4.98 (4.78+0.20) will reduce to 4.78 ; Kindly advise
Just apply for Regalia LE & CC upgrade to DCB, make sure u meet the Salary and spends criteria.
Or if ur college comes under alumni list than u can easily get LTF DCB provided u meet salery criteria.

Pawan_KS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
criteria for DCB:
Net salary 1.75L, spends in last 6 month 3-4L
Criteria for infinia:
Net salery 3+L, spends in last 6 months 7L

Pawan_KS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks to this thread, was finally able to upgrade my paid diners black with credit limit above 15 lakhs and ZERO spends to FYF Infinia..

This is the way i did that -
1. Gathered pictures and screenshots of failed transactions on the diners platform like "failed" or "not accepted" on offline POS machines and online site and payment gateways which don't have diners as an option. Picture below is of rejection on kotak bank POS machine
DINERS REJECTION ON OFFLINE POS.jpg

2. After gathering data and photos this is the email that i sent to
DEAR SIR/MADAM,
I AM AN HDFC BANK CUSTOMER FOR MORE THAN 5 YEARS AND HOLD AN IMPERIA RELATIONSHIP WITH THE BANK WITH CUSTOMER ID xxxxx.
I CURRENTLY HOLD AN HDFC DINERS BLACK CREDIT CARD WHICH HAS A CREDIT LIMIT OF RS xx,xx,000/-

I AM FACING SEVERE ACCEPTABILITY ISSUES ON THE DINERS CLUB PLATFORM AND AM NOT ABLE TO MAKE THE SPENDS ON MY DINERS BLACK CARD . PAYMENT GATEWAYS LIKE RAZORPAY AND PAYU ON MULTIPLE WEBSITES (LIKE PRIDE OF COWS) DO NOT ACCEPT DINERS CLUB AS PAYMENT OPTION(ONLY MASTERCARD AND VISA ACCEPTED). ALSO MANY OFFLINE STORES WITH NON HDFC POS MACHINES REJECT /DECLINE PAYMENTS WITH DINERS CARD. I AM ATTACHING PICTURES OF THE SAME WITH THIS EMAIL. I HAVE HAD TO SHIFT MOST OF MY SPENDS TO AXIS BANK MAGNUS VISA CARD BECAUSE OF THESE ISSUES.

TAKING THE ABOVE INTO CONSIDERATION KINDLY UPGRADE MY CURRENT DINERS BLACK INTO HDFC INFINIA METAL CARD. I AM ATTACHING THE CARD UPGRADE FORM AND LAST CARD STATEMENT FOR YOUR REFERENCE AND RECORD.

3. After sending the email, next day i got the reply that we are reviewing the application.

4. After 3 days this is the reply that i received -
We note form your email that you wish to upgrade your existing Diners Black credit card to Infinia Metal Card.
We take this opportunity to inform you that, your existing Diners Black Card has been upgraded to Infinia Metal Card ending with xxxx comes with first year free card and the subsequent year renewal fee of Rs, 12,500 would be reversed if your card account is utilized for retail transactions amounting to Rs.10,00,000.00 in a period of 12 months before the date of renewal fee debit. The spend threshold amounts will be checked and the accounts meeting the required spend thresholds, will have the annual fees reversed. The same is not in isolation to your card account but is followed as a standard procedure across all card accounts.

FYF Infinia thanks to Technofino, this thread and all the experiences shared! :cool:
Hope this helps someone in a similar situation get to Infinia!
What was your credit limit before upgrade to infinia.

Pgoel06

TF Select
VIP Lounge
First apply for credit card from link mentioned on hdfc bank home page. You may get DCB from their with minimum steps.
Actually applying from the website will lead to cibil hit and if I don't get dcb it will be waste
And afterwards when I mail to priority to apply they will again hit cibil as a free application

Mrdhiman1

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
This is with reference to your recent email dated September 14, 2023 regarding your HDFC Bank credit card account.

We infer from your email that you seek for credit card upgrade to Infinia card as Lifetime free.

Basis your email, we have done a detailed review on your credit card account and we wish to inform you that as per the product feature of HDFC Infinia Metal credit card the credit limit assigned should be Rs.12,00,000.00 and the upgrade offers will be reviewed periodically based on the usage and payment pattern on the card account. Having said the above, we regret our inability to accede to the request for upgrade as your card account is not eligible for an upgrade to Infinia Metal card as per internal policies of Bank. We appreciate your kind understanding and co-operation in this regards.

Incase of any other query or clarification towards your credit card account, please feel free to write to us at: customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com and we will be glad to assist you.

Hi,
So basically I wanted to have hdfc dcb card but when I go to the hdfc online gateway it shows only the pre-approved cards but does not allow me to apply for dcb.
I currently have indusind pinnacle with 5L limit and 40ITR and spends of 15L.
Thanks

Pawan_KS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,
So basically I wanted to have hdfc dcb card but when I go to the hdfc online gateway it shows only the pre-approved cards but does not allow me to apply for dcb.
I currently have indusind pinnacle with 5L limit and 40ITR and spends of 15L.
Thanks
You may get DCB as pre approved by applying through HDFC home page. I got it 2 years back by same procedure.

Hi,
I put a request tp upgrade to infinia card and i got his reply

We thank you for your interest towards the HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card. We wish to clarify that the Infinia Card is a Super Premium Card currently being issued on "Invitation Only".
To review your request, kindly forward the duly filled in form along with the self-attested income / supporting documents accompanied by a signed letter to the below-mentioned address.

Can anyone tell what "accompanied by a signed letter" means? what signed letter they need apart from the upgrade form and ITR

kowsikbabu

TF Select
VIP Lounge
It
Hi,
I put a request tp upgrade to infinia card and i got his reply

We thank you for your interest towards the HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card. We wish to clarify that the Infinia Card is a Super Premium Card currently being issued on "Invitation Only".
To review your request, kindly forward the duly filled in form along with the self-attested income / supporting documents accompanied by a signed letter to the below-mentioned address.

Can anyone tell what "accompanied by a signed letter" means? what signed letter they need apart from the upgrade form and ITR
There's an credit card upgrade request form, you need to fill it and send, I think it will be available in the first post of this thread