• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

• 723fb80a-2dde-42a3-9793-7ae1be57c87f-2.pdf
    267.7 KB · Views: 6,159
Last edited:

AmitMishra

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I was holding a Regalia MC card, LTF variant and got a notification from HDFC App stating an upgrade to MC Metal Infinia FYF. Opened Netbanking and accepted the upgrade today, got an error as soon as I accepted, no mail or SMS confirmation as well. However, I am able to see my new card in the App and not on net banking as of now. I guess the upgrade was successful, hopefully will get the card in a few days!
How much utilization in Regalia ?

Diark

TF Buzz
I checked directly with my RM who confirmed that infinia requires 2.7L/M in hand after tax OR an ITR of 45L and above. Started the process for upgrade from my DCB but does anyone know what's the criteria for having infiina be FYF?. The RM said you need spends of 12L+ in past year for it in existing card but that seems very high

dominic1229

TF Premier
I checked directly with my RM who confirmed that infinia requires 2.7L/M in hand after tax OR an ITR of 45L and above. Started the process for upgrade from my DCB but does anyone know what's the criteria for having infiina be FYF?. The RM said you need spends of 12L+ in past year for it in existing card but that seems very high
I think if you upgrade from an existing HDFC card to any other HDFC card then it will be FYF by default.
Let's wait for confirmation from others too.

Source: Saw this info in some other threads here and I also got Regalia FYF after auto-upgrade.

dominic1229

TF Premier
How are you all checking for upgrade online - is it netbanking or mycards or apply online link?
Go to netbanking.
Go to 'cards' section.
You will see 'request' tab.There you will see an option of 'upgrade'. Click on that. If your card is eligible for upgrade, you see the options of eligible cards.
@thanix You will also get multiple emails from HDFC if they pick you for auto-upgrade. They will usually spam you with Card upgrade emails after every 5 days so that you don't miss it.

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There is no such criteria. Me and my wife both got Infinia as FYF even though we had no previous CC with HDFC Bank.

rogerthat

TF Ace
How is it that despite such stringent criteria so many people have Infinia or DCB? I can see nearly everyone on the forum holding them. Surely there aren't so many people who are meeting the criteria for it? I've been trying through every possible channel for a year and not getting it.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It is true that there are guidelines for the card issuance but it is not set in stone. If they want to deny, they will throw the rule book on the face. If they think otherwise, they will just bend over backwards to prove the exception to guidelines and give it.

As a general rule, I don't give business to folks if I am not treated well.

dominic1229

TF Premier
Can I have both DCB and Infinia?
As per various threads here, people got Infinia and DCB is usually upgraded from Tata Neu card as HDFC doesn't allow 2 hdfc cards but you can get 1x hdfc card + 1x co-branded card. So, they take Infinia and then upgrade their co-branded card (common example Neu plus/infinity card) to DCB.

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How is it that despite such stringent criteria so many people have Infinia or DCB? I can see nearly everyone on the forum holding them. Surely there aren't so many people who are meeting the criteria for it? I've been trying through every possible channel for a year and not getting it.
Infinia is not easy. I know several folks with good salaries who have been denied Infinia.

sd.ac

TF Select
VIP Lounge

12L+ does not sound right. I know it was - recently- a credit limit of 8L (on an existing HDFC card like DCB) plus spends north of 1L per month for the past 6 months or so.

kiddo27

TF Buzz
I currently have DCB (5L) + Regalia (3L). RM is saying to close Regalia and he can upgrade my DCB to Infinia. What would be the conversion on reward points from DCB to Infinia?

Last edited: