• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

• 723fb80a-2dde-42a3-9793-7ae1be57c87f-2.pdf
    267.7 KB · Views: 6,159
Last edited:

woolooloo

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Guys - sharing my experience on way to Infinia:

1. Got DCP last year in Apr
2. Reached out to Grievance cell asking for upgrade to DCB - under Alumni program - card upgraded in Nov'22
3. Spends hardly in the range of 1-2 lakhs across these months
4. Connected with PNO and they declined for an upgrade to Infinia
5. Reached out to BM and he agreed if I increase my NRV with them - gradually :) - BM has the approval now and my Infinia is on the way

This is for everyone - if you need an upgrade to Infinia, build rapport with BM and he may get you the required approvals.

How much NRV did you build up to? How long did it take for the BM to approve Infinia post increasing NRV?

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
How much NRV did you build up to? How long did it take for the BM to approve Infinia post increasing NRV?
That's the key point here - you should have a good Banking relationship with HDFC - spread across PPF, NPS, Shares, Preferred account or above, Investment plan (ULIP), car loan, personal loan, gold loan, stocks, mutual funds, etc.

I have not yet increased NRV - as I said, you have to give BM confidence. Rest depends on your convincing skills.

woolooloo

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
That's the key point here - you should have a good Banking relationship with HDFC - spread across PPF, NPS, Shares, Preferred account or above, Investment plan (ULIP), car loan, personal loan, gold loan, stocks, mutual funds, etc.

I have not yet increased NRV - as I said, you have to give BM confidence. Rest depends on your convincing skills.

Yes I guess if a person has so many loans / EMIs / MF regular plans / ULIPS, then they're making HDFC a lot of money, and Infinia makes sense.

Bit tough for me to achieve that though. I guess only NRV possible for me is FDs, which too is better to keep in parents accounts for saving taxes. So I guess I'm stuck.

Can I link my parents account and mine using family banking, and does that count as shared NRV? 🤔

Maybe increasing spendings is the only way to get an Infinia some day.

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Yes I guess if a person has so many loans / EMIs / MF regular plans / ULIPS, then they're making HDFC a lot of money, and Infinia makes sense.

Bit tough for me to achieve that though. I guess only NRV possible for me is FDs, which too is better to keep in parents accounts for saving taxes. So I guess I'm stuck.

Can I link my parents account and mine using family banking, and does that count as shared NRV? 🤔

Try and connect with your BM once - check how he can enable Infinia for you.

Bugs Bunny

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Guys - sharing my experience on way to Infinia:

1. Got DCP last year in Apr
2. Reached out to Grievance cell asking for upgrade to DCB - under Alumni program - card upgraded in Nov'22
3. Spends hardly in the range of 1-2 lakhs across these months
4. Connected with PNO and they declined for an upgrade to Infinia
5. Reached out to BM and he agreed if I increase my NRV with them - gradually :) - BM has the approval now and my Infinia is on the way

This is for everyone - if you need an upgrade to Infinia, build rapport with BM and he may get you the required approvals.
I've spends worth 14L in 6 months on DCB still they denied infinia 😐

woolooloo

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Try and connect with your BM once - check how he can enable Infinia for you.

The weirdest thing happened just now. I opened HDFC netbanking and went to upgrade credit card, and lo and behold! Saw the upgrade to Infinia metal card.

I panicked and accepted it, but I received no SMS nor email confirmation of the same? Was this a glitch? What the hell is happening?

Should I have taken screenshots?

I didn't even check if it was FYF or not, are cards upgraded online always FYF? HOLY SHIT?!?!?! Please don't take this away from me HDFC!

Last edited:

Sajid

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
The weirdest thing happened just now. I opened HDFC netbanking and went to upgrade credit card, and lo and behold! Saw the upgrade to Infinia metal card.

I panicked and accepted it, but I received no SMS nor email confirmation of the same? Was this a glitch? What the hell is happening?

Should I have taken screenshots?

I didn't even check if it was FYF or not, are cards upgraded online always FYF? HOLY SHIT?!?!?! Please don't take this away from me HDFC!
Your card limit?

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Holy smokes! Still can't believe it. Can't see the new card in the netbanking either (I think I could see it when I got upgraded to regalia). Maybe it takes a while to update?

Haven't received an SMS either, so a bit sus!

*Fingers crossed*
Apologies for interrupting your celebration, but this is a well-known glitch that has been reported by many users on the forum. While I hope for your sake that the situation turns out to be true and not a glitch, there is a possibility that the lack of SMS or email confirmation is indeed due to a glitch. 🤣

woolooloo

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Apologies for interrupting your celebration, but this is a well-known glitch that has been reported by many users on the forum. While I hope for your sake that the situation turns out to be true and not a glitch, there is a possibility that the lack of SMS or email confirmation is indeed due to a glitch. 🤣
OMG! __Heart rate intensifies__ Tried searching the forums and didn't find any such threads/posts. Could you please help me link to some? Thanks appreciate it.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
OMG! __Heart rate intensifies__ Tried searching the forums and didn't find any such threads/posts. Could you please help me link to some? Thanks appreciate it.
As I mentioned before, I sincerely hope it turns out to be true for your sake. However, I came across this thread that you might find interesting.

And, as Rajneesh commented above, you should check with customer care once.

woolooloo

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
As I mentioned before, I sincerely hope it turns out to be true for your sake. However, I came across this thread that you might find interesting.

And, as Rajneesh commented above, you should check with customer care once.
Hmm, that thread is different from what I am expereincing. 🤔

No - dont worry - you will get your card - if you still have doubts, call CC and confirm
Thanks I'm going to wait till Monday before reaching out to CC or my RM.

Scared of the observer effect, let the cat be in the box until it's ready to come out! Me trying to peek in can change the outcome.