• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

• 723fb80a-2dde-42a3-9793-7ae1be57c87f-2.pdf
    267.7 KB · Views: 6,159
Last edited:

faraaz303

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have a DCB with 4L limit. Had submitted an ITR with 36L of income. Have a good relationship value with the bank. RM didn't cooperate much in the upgrade request though he sent the form to their cards team, it got declined from there. I have a business moneyback card linked to my DCB with a shared limit. I then wrote to the Grievance officer seeking an upgrade and a credit limit enhancement or a separate fresh issue of inifinia and after multiple to and fros where I had to give the documents again, I received the following response.

Dear Mr. Kazi,

This is in continuation to our interim response dated January 31, 2023 regarding your HDFC Bank Credit card.

On receipt of your email, we note that you wish to upgrade your existing to Infinia Metal card, we regret to inform you that we are unable to accede your upgrade request currently. We regret the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

We take this opportunity to inform you that as per the product feature of HDFC Infinia credit card the credit limit assigned should be Rs.10,00,000.00 and basis the usage on the card account.

We would like to mention that the same is not in isolation to your card account but is followed as a standard procedure across all customers.

We wish to inform that upgrade offers will be reviewed periodically based on the usage and payment pattern on the card account. In case of any offer, we shall intimate you for the same and having said this, we request you to continue usage on your credit card for all your shopping and entertainment needs and provide us with more opportunities to serve you.

Based on your current representation, we have done a detailed review on your credit card account and wish to inform you that based on the internal terms, the existing credit card limit can be enhanced by Rs.4,00,000.00 which is subjected to CIBIL and internal checks. which is subjected to CIBIL and internal checks. We request you to kindly revert with your acceptance / confirmation mentioning the last four digits of your card number from registered email id vide return email to enable us do the needful.

We assure you that it is our constant endeavor to provide outstanding service to you and ensure that your banking experience with us is always pleasurable.

Please feel free to write to us at: grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com

sv004

TF Premier
I have a DCB with 4L limit. Had submitted an ITR with 36L of income. Have a good relationship value with the bank. RM didn't cooperate much in the upgrade request though he sent the form to their cards team, it got declined from there. I have a business moneyback card linked to my DCB with a shared limit. I then wrote to the Grievance officer seeking an upgrade and a credit limit enhancement or a separate fresh issue of inifinia and after multiple to and fros where I had to give the documents again, I received the following response.

Dear Mr. Kazi,

This is in continuation to our interim response dated January 31, 2023 regarding your HDFC Bank Credit card.

On receipt of your email, we note that you wish to upgrade your existing to Infinia Metal card, we regret to inform you that we are unable to accede your upgrade request currently. We regret the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

We take this opportunity to inform you that as per the product feature of HDFC Infinia credit card the credit limit assigned should be Rs.10,00,000.00 and basis the usage on the card account.

We would like to mention that the same is not in isolation to your card account but is followed as a standard procedure across all customers.

We wish to inform that upgrade offers will be reviewed periodically based on the usage and payment pattern on the card account. In case of any offer, we shall intimate you for the same and having said this, we request you to continue usage on your credit card for all your shopping and entertainment needs and provide us with more opportunities to serve you.

Based on your current representation, we have done a detailed review on your credit card account and wish to inform you that based on the internal terms, the existing credit card limit can be enhanced by Rs.4,00,000.00 which is subjected to CIBIL and internal checks. which is subjected to CIBIL and internal checks. We request you to kindly revert with your acceptance / confirmation mentioning the last four digits of your card number from registered email id vide return email to enable us do the needful.

We assure you that it is our constant endeavor to provide outstanding service to you and ensure that your banking experience with us is always pleasurable.

Please feel free to write to us at: grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com
Did u mail or sent hard copy

LT1

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
So, after reading this thread, I decided to try my luck to upgrade my DCB LTF with 8L limit to Infinia by emailing grievance saying that I am facing acceptance issues with Diners. 20 days and multiple emails asking for salary slips and what, they increased the credit limit to 9.6L but refused the upgrade citing "internal policies". My salary is way above the required limit and the spending would have been around 4-5L in the past few months. Spending slowed down as I diverted most of the regular (non-multiplier) spending to Magnus recently. While I am planning to escalate to PNO, I dont think I would get any favourable response. I find it absurd that they take 20 days for such things - I got Magnus in 4 days after applying inspite of the fact that it was my first Axis relationship!

Options for me
1. Take a couple of addon cards on DCB and screw them by using lounge access wherever possible on DCB. Anyways, DCB is LTF :)
2. Continue to put significant spends on DCB to try to push the credit limit above 10L to try for the upgrade. Not sure, whether Infinia is worth losing out on points by spending on other cards.
3. Since my spending on Magnus would be more than 15L, take another card to put the extra spending on that (Maybe a Amex or Axis Reserve?).

Let me know your thoughts! Also, do you think that sending snail mail to the Chennai office with the upgrade form would help out?

Last edited:

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
So, after reading this thread, I decided to try my luck to upgrade my DCB LTF with 8L limit to Infinia by emailing grievance saying that I am facing acceptance issues with Diners. 20 days and multiple emails asking for salary slips and what, they increased the credit limit to 9.6L but refused the upgrade citing "internal policies". My salary is way above the required limit and the spending would have been around 4-5L in the past few months. Spending slowed down as I diverted most of the regular (non-multiplier) spending to Magnus recently. While I am planning to escalate to PNO, I dont think I would get any favourable response. I find it absurd that they take 20 days for such things - I got Magnus in 4 days after applying inspite of the fact that it was my first Axis relationship!

Options for me
1. Take a couple of addon cards on DCB and screw them by using lounge access wherever possible on DCB. Anyways, DCB is LTF :)
2. Continue to put significant spends on DCB to try to push the credit limit above 10L to try for the upgrade. Not sure, whether Infinia is worth losing out on points by spending on other cards.
3. Since my spending on Magnus would be more than 15L, take another card to put the extra spending on that (Maybe a Amex or Axis Reserve?).

Let me know your thoughts! Also, do you think that spending snail mail to the Chennai office with the upgrade form would help out?
Write to PNO and Parag office :) HDFC L2 support is more dumb then axis (Self experience )

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Options for me

Let me know your thoughts! Also, do you think that spending snail mail to the Chennai office with the upgrade form would help out?
My personal opinion - DCB as paid and primary card is not worth. LTF DCB and as secondary card is still worth than Paid Infinia.

Mine is FYF DCB and primary card and I already exceeded the renewal waiver in 6 months. Though I faced acceptance issues, I couldn't believe that Emirates in India doesn't accept Diners when I tried to book flights to Europe. This is the final straw that broke the camels back So just written today to PNO to upgrade to Infinia as I can't tolerate this anymore. I am staying away from Magnus though eligible as I take cards only with banking relationship.

sv004

TF Premier
My personal opinion - DCB as paid and primary card is not worth. LTF DCB and as secondary card is still worth than Paid Infinia.

Mine is FYF DCB and primary card and I already exceeded the renewal waiver in 6 months. Though I faced acceptance issues, I couldn't believe that Emirates in India doesn't accept Diners when I tried to book flights to Europe. This is the final straw that broke the camels back So just written today to PNO to upgrade to Infinia as I can't tolerate this anymore. I am staying away from Magnus though eligible as I take cards only with banking relationship.
Yea diners network is a hit and miss. Thats why even i m fed up with dcp . Planning to get millenia instead

eatpepsi

TF Select
I have been using DCB for more than 5 years now & it has a limit of 15 Lac, i was wondering if i can upgrade it to Infinia, or will it be a problem since it's diners and Infinia is master, Kindly advise..
Regards

I have been using DCB for more than 5 years now & it has a limit of 15 Lac, i was wondering if i can upgrade it to Infinia, or will it be a problem since it's diners and Infinia is master, Kindly advise..
Regards
You can ask for the upgrade. Diners or Master would not matter. Even I had Regalia mastercard now Infinia Visa.