• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help regarding UNION BANK new DEBIT CARD issuance

Post number 54 has been selected as best answer.

avis_

TF Premier
I have opened a new Union Bank savings account for getting their Rupay Select Debit card. My account was opened and activated successfully. But the Branch don't have any Insta Kits with Select debit Cards & all are of Rupay Classic Variant. They are telling it would take 1 month to get the card.

Is it possible to issue the first debit card from other branches of UBI or home branch only can generate the first card ? Anyone tried this way. In online application i can only apply for QSPARC and Classic Variant only, :(

attri

TF Buzz
Currently, I am getting but not sure how long it will last as I redeemed all the vouchers when I was having the SBHNI Status. So, please do your own research if you're planning to downgrade the same from SBHNI to SBGEN.
Any changes happened to your account/offers after downgrading as of today?

prash1161

TF Ace
Those looking for a FYF RuPay Select DC with some cheap thrills can open general savings account in Canara Bank, take RuPay Select DC which is first year free and cancel the DC before renewal as the fee is way too high (Rs. 1,000 + 18% GST)

And then after an year, one can even close the bank account as well without any closure charges being levied

If not looking for very high maintenance, Bank of Baroda Super Savings Account is a good offering at 20k QAB with FYF RuPay Select DC and annual fee from 2nd year onwards is Rs. 500 + 18% GST
Benefit of rupay select dc?

James

TF Ace
If you need assistance regarding the issuance of a new debit card from Union Bank, I can provide you with some general guidance. However, please note that my knowledge cutoff is September 2021, and specific procedures or requirements may have changed since then. It's always best to contact Union Bank directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
-Contact Union Bank Customer Service: 8100-027-016
To obtain a new debit card from Union Bank, you can follow these general steps:

1. Contact Union Bank Customer Service: Reach out to Union Bank's customer service department through their official website or by calling their customer service hotline. Provide them with your request for a new debit card and ask for guidance on the application process.

2. Application Form: Union Bank may require you to fill out an application form for a new debit card. This form may be available online on their website or can be obtained from a branch location. Ensure that you provide accurate and up-to-date information on the form.

3. Required Documentation: Prepare the necessary documents that Union Bank may require for the debit card application. These documents typically include proof of identity (such as a valid passport or national ID card) and proof of address (such as a utility bill or bank statement).

4. Submission of Application: Submit the completed application form and the required documents to Union Bank. You can either do this online through their website or by visiting a Union Bank branch in person. If you choose to visit a branch, inquire about their specific procedures for submitting the application.

5. Verification Process: Union Bank may need to verify the information provided in your application and the supporting documents. This verification process ensures the accuracy and security of the debit card issuance.

6. Card Activation: Once your application is approved, Union Bank will issue your new debit card. It will be sent to your registered address, and you will need to activate it before you can start using it. Union Bank will provide instructions on how to activate the card.

Remember, these steps are general guidelines, and the specific process may vary based on Union Bank's policies and procedures. It's always best to directly contact Union Bank for the most accurate information and guidance regarding the issuance of a new debit card.
If you want us to contact union bank directly, why did you write this big essay? Just say it in one line

SANTOSHJ1983

TF Buzz
Now we can apply virtual debit card on VYOM app. I generated it.

The bin is 6524 14. Is it Rupay platinum @Abhishek012 ?
Do we get Rupay virtual card as well with Union Bank SBGEN(1k mab) along with default classic debit card , which can be created online.
Can we upgrade the classic debit card received to upper variant( RUpay platinum or select ) ? Any latest updates with Union bank account

James

TF Ace
Do we get Rupay virtual card as well with Union Bank SBGEN(1k mab) along with default classic debit card , which can be created online.
Can we upgrade the classic debit card received to upper variant( RUpay platinum or select ) ? Any latest updates with Union bank account
The variant depends on the physical card you have. I have Visa Signature physical debit card. I got Rupay select virtual card. You have classic i think you will get classic virtual debit card

irohitpragya

TF Premier
hey guys. I need suggestions about the Union bank account. I recently visited my nearest branch to open HNI account for Rupay Select dc. the staff member opened the first digital premium account, and she said later on it would upgrade to HNI. After that other staff told me the HNI account could be opened directly. now it shows some error while upgrading my account from digital premium to HNI account.

what should I do?
should I close this new account and open one with HNI status?

or should I wait for the branch to upgrade my account? They said they would ask their team about the process.

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
or should I wait for the branch to upgrade my account? They said they would ask their team about the process.
yeah, dont wait for more than a few days. i did the same mistake of changing of account variant from general savings to some other. they took 2 months & only gave a damn after i raised complaint online.

i suggest to raise online grievance if not resolved within 1 week.

irohitpragya

TF Premier
yeah, dont wait for more than a few days. i did the same mistake of changing of account variant from general savings to some other. they took 2 months & only gave a damn after i raised complaint online.

i suggest to raise online grievance if not resolved within 1 week.
then what did you do that? account closed and open a new one

or your ac upgraded successfully