• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help regarding UNION BANK new DEBIT CARD issuance

Post number 54 has been selected as best answer.

avis_

TF Premier
I have opened a new Union Bank savings account for getting their Rupay Select Debit card. My account was opened and activated successfully. But the Branch don't have any Insta Kits with Select debit Cards & all are of Rupay Classic Variant. They are telling it would take 1 month to get the card.

Is it possible to issue the first debit card from other branches of UBI or home branch only can generate the first card ? Anyone tried this way. In online application i can only apply for QSPARC and Classic Variant only, :(

shrewdoc

TF Ace
You should have specified your requests before opening your account at that branch. But yes, if you can get a kit from another branch, your home branch can link that to your account.

avis_

TF Premier
You should have specified your requests before opening your account at that branch. But yes, if you can get a kit from another branch, your home branch can link that to your account.
Yeah they told Rupay select can be issued. But after opening account only they found stock was not there. Let me try other branches close by. In BOB also they were very confident to get me a Rupay Select DC with SBGEN account. Now, they have mailed product team on my behalf to issue the same as an exception.

pranayt26

TF Buzz
Yeah they told Rupay select can be issued. But after opening account only they found stock was not there. Let me try other branches close by. In BOB also they were very confident to get me a Rupay Select DC with SBGEN account. Now, they have mailed product team on my behalf to issue the same as an exception.
then you got BOB Rupay Select DC with SBGEN account?

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Technically/operationally this is possible.... but I highly doubt a PSB like Union Bank will take the pain to go out of their comfort zone for this level of customer satisfaction.... You may talk to the BM regarding this and try your luck. @avis_

avis_

TF Premier
ooh Sure. Let me try that way and update here
So Today I went to non Home Branch of UBI. The bank was empty. I asked them about Rupay Select DC Insta Kit. They told they will take my request. I filled a form provided by them. She took QSPARC Rupay kit and was trying to issue on my account. I told it was QSPARC and I wanted Rupay Select Debit Card. She was not able to issue the QSPARC Instant KIT nor apply for the Personalized Rupay Select DC.

So the fact is first DC can only issued by Home Branch in UBI. I have to wait until the Home Branch gets the stock. @raaz_rs2

Last edited:

avis_

TF Premier
then you got BOB Rupay Select DC with SBGEN account?
Yes finally got the Select DC Variant. Quick story.

When I went to open the BOB Account I clearly told them I am opening account for getting RuPay Select DC only. They opened SBGEN account and later they found (but I knew from TF it cannot be issued) not able to issue Rupay Select Debit Card. While opening A/C itself I made it clear that I will close the A/C if I don't get that card.

After 2-3 days I visited the branch today.

They have converted my account to Baroda Salary Super in order to issue the DC. I was lucky enough as this account doesn't have any Card issuance fee and 0 MAB account. Also I am eligible for LTF BOB Select CC.

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend

When I went to open the BOB Account I clearly told them I am opening account for getting RuPay Select DC only. They opened SBGEN account and later they found (but I knew from TF it cannot be issued) not able to issue Rupay Select Debit Card. While opening A/C itself I made it clear that I will close the A/C if I don't get that card.

They have converted my account to Baroda Salary Super in order to issue the DC. I was lucky enough as this account doesn't have any Card issuance fee and 0 MAB account. Also I am eligible for LTF BOB Select CC.
To get LTF card from Baroda on the basis of salary account min amount due of credit card would be mapped to auto debit from your account.

avis_

TF Premier
Did you fill the any form for conversion of your saving account into salary account ?
No I didn't fill any. I went one fine Saturday bank was empty with limited staff. They got my application and told server was down they will apply on Monday. I only signed in the application. So I guess they would have filled themselves in it.

Also when I went today, I was waiting in the counter. Only at that time she was speaking to someone on phone about my case. She didn't knew I was the customer. May be someone over phone told to convert and issue likewise.

pranayt26

TF Buzz
So Today I went to non Home Branch of UBI. The bank was empty. I asked them about Rupay Select DC Insta Kit. They told they will take my request. I filled a form provided by them. She took QSPARC Rupay kit and was trying to issue on my account. I told it was QSPARC and I wanted Rupay Select Debit Card. She was not able to issue the QSPARC Instant KIT nor apply for the Personalized Rupay Select DC.

So the fact is first DC can only issued by Home Branch in UBI. I have to wait until the Home Branch gets the stock.
I was issued Visa Paywave as first DC, I blocked the same but home branch does't get Rupay Select Kit. Can I get Rupay Select as 2nd DC from Non home UBI branch?

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
No I didn't fill any. I went one fine Saturday bank was empty with limited staff. They got my application and told server was down they will apply on Monday. I only signed in the application. So I guess they would have filled themselves in it.

Also when I went today, I was waiting in the counter. Only at that time she was speaking to someone on phone about my case. She didn't knew I was the customer. May be someone over phone told to convert and issue likewise.
Job get done enjoy Rupay select

Nemesis

TF Premier

Could have waited for HNI EMPERIO Metal Debit card from union bank... Has 500 off in Book my show similar to SBI Elite CC also RuPay select variant but AQB might be high.

And did you link your salary to BOB account? Any chance they downgrade?

Last edited:

avis_

TF Premier
Could have waited for HNI EMPERIO Metal Debit card from union bank... Has 500 off in Book my show similar to SBI Elite CC also RuPay select variant but AQB might be high.

And did you link your salary to BOB account? Any chance they downgrade?
HNI is a big deal for me. 🥲 I have three cards for BMS so no problem.

Nope doing some NEFT in name of Salary. That's what branch ppl asked to do.

avis_

TF Premier
Similar to BOB all the Union Bank's system has be modified. It is not allowing Rupay Select to be issued for SBGEN account. Error comes like only classic Variants of card can be issued. I think party over. Even some higher balance maintaining A/C it's allowing Rupay Platinum only. Only for HNI and USSA 2 and above Rupay Select can issued. Checked in my nearby branch 😑 and closed the A/C.

pratyushpanda

TF Premier

Bob account conversion to salary account without salary credit or genuinely you made it your salary account