• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help regarding UNION BANK new DEBIT CARD issuance

Post number 54 has been selected as best answer.

avis_

TF Premier
I have opened a new Union Bank savings account for getting their Rupay Select Debit card. My account was opened and activated successfully. But the Branch don't have any Insta Kits with Select debit Cards & all are of Rupay Classic Variant. They are telling it would take 1 month to get the card.

Is it possible to issue the first debit card from other branches of UBI or home branch only can generate the first card ? Anyone tried this way. In online application i can only apply for QSPARC and Classic Variant only, :(

armat

TF Premier
Yeah they told Rupay select can be issued. But after opening account only they found stock was not there. Let me try other branches close by. In BOB also they were very confident to get me a Rupay Select DC with SBGEN account. Now, they have mailed product team on my behalf to issue the same as an exception.
What’s full of of SBGEN ACCOUNT from Bob ? Is that zero balance account?

Nemesis

TF Premier
Yes that's why I chose to not open a HNI A/C with them. There is always some strings attached that we don't know. Bank doesn't charge anything if A/C closed before 14 days from date of opening. But what if Dc takes more time to get delivered.

we have to wait and watch if they deactivate your Rupay Select DC. after successful downgrade.

I have also found that PNB has Elite Savings A/C with 50k QAB offering free Rupay Select and no AMC thereafter. Basically a LTF Debit Card. :)
PNB is too slow with opening account. I just opened my SBHNI account with Union bank... They came to my place to collect document, never seen any PSU bank moving to such great extent... So far so good... Hope so other process and their Vyom app is at par with other private banks

Last edited:

avis_

TF Premier
PNB is too slow with opening account. I just opened my SBHNI account with Union bank... They came to my place to collect document, never seen any PSU bank moving to such great extent... So far so good... Hope so other process and their Vyom app is at par with other private banks
I have shortly used their Vyom app before closing my A/C. I would say the UI is clutter free when compared to other Private banks. You can change theme as you wish. But netbanking you cannot expect much in UBI.

Glad that they have come home to open the A/C.

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have shortly used their Vyom app before closing my A/C. I would say the UI is clutter free when compared to other Private banks. You can change theme as you wish. But netbanking you cannot expect much in UBI.

Glad that they have come home to open the A/C.
But their NetBanking is shit!

Vyom >>> UBI Netbanking

sahil1033

TF Premier
Those looking for a FYF RuPay Select DC with some cheap thrills can open general savings account in Canara Bank, take RuPay Select DC which is first year free and cancel the DC before renewal as the fee is way too high (Rs. 1,000 + 18% GST)

And then after an year, one can even close the bank account as well without any closure charges being levied

If not looking for very high maintenance, Bank of Baroda Super Savings Account is a good offering at 20k QAB with FYF RuPay Select DC and annual fee from 2nd year onwards is Rs. 500 + 18% GST

Harrypotter

TF Premier
Those looking for a FYF RuPay Select DC with some cheap thrills can open general savings account in Canara Bank, take RuPay Select DC which is first year free and cancel the DC before renewal as the fee is way too high (Rs. 1,000 + 18% GST)

And then after an year, one can even close the bank account as well without any closure charges being levied

If not looking for very high maintenance, Bank of Baroda Super Savings Account is a good offering at 20k QAB with FYF RuPay Select DC and annual fee from 2nd year onwards is Rs. 500 + 18% GST
Can we open canara bank account online buy I don't see there is a way in their website