• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC wrong card applied

aspirar

TF Buzz
I applied for an Infinia through a branch, but they applied for an Indigo card by mistake.

The branch person told me they will mail from their end and try to get it corrected, but I've already received the virtual card now.

What are my options now? One hdfc person I spoke to said I'll have to close my Indigo card and then I can apply after one month again.

Should I close the card? Will I be charged for it?

flash2399

TF Buzz
I think that you should escalate via their grievance redressal for a correction. Since it is an error from their side, if it is not corrected, you can complaint to RBI Ombudsman. I'd not suggest closing the card as you might be ineligible for a while to apply for a new one.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I applied for an Infinia through a branch, but they applied for an Indigo card by mistake.

The branch person told me they will mail from their end and try to get it corrected, but I've already received the virtual card now.

What are my options now? One hdfc person I spoke to said I'll have to close my Indigo card and then I can apply after one month again.

Should I close the card? Will I be charged for it?
visit branch, take that person's employee details along with BM details and make a scene by saying that you are going to raise this to PNO and Grievance team both if nothing is done from BM's side. Keep scaring them, if they seem to look concerned/scared, ask them to compensate by giving Infinia as LTF or else, tell them that you will raise this to RBI Ombudsman.

If they (branch) ask for some time to get some kind of approval or tell you to check after 3-4 days, then send a mail to PNO and grievance team once you reach home, mentioning that mistake happened inside the branch, and the person handling it was an employee with so-and-so employee number and you want LTF card as compensation or else, you are going to RBI.

Force them for Infinia, they will atleast give you DCB/Regalia Gold as LTF

wish you luck :p