• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Applied for Credit Card Fraud

DEEP_RAY

TF Select
Hey Folks,

Today Morning, My Dad received a SMS from HDFC regarding Credit Card application status. Check screenshot below:
Screenshot 2023-11-19 at 12.33.21 AM.png

But my Dad has never applied for any credit card via Branch (never visited branch) or Net banking (he doesn't have access). FYI - He has savings account in HDFC.

1. How is it possible to apply credit card without customer consent?
2. I have already dropped an email to HDFC for cancellation. What other steps I need to follow so they don't register the HDFC card in his name?
3. How to connect HDFC credit card phone support team for non cc user?

It is HDFCBK.
Also other messages related to bank showing under this profile.

I can track the card using the reference number they shared.
Might be someone from your home branch is notoriously achieving targets. Better to approach BM of your home branch and before that complaint to HDFC on Twitter (X). Also, write an email to HDFC grievance care for application cancellation by mentioning that you haven't applied for any credit card.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hey Folks,

Today Morning, My Dad received a SMS from HDFC regarding Credit Card application status. Check screenshot below:
Screenshot 2023-11-19 at 12.33.21 AM.png

But my Dad has never applied for any credit card via Branch (never visited branch) or Net banking (he doesn't have access). FYI - He has savings account in HDFC.

1. How is it possible to apply credit card without customer consent?
2. I have already dropped an email to HDFC for cancellation. What other steps I need to follow so they don't register the HDFC card in his name?
3. How to connect HDFC credit card phone support team for non cc user?
As he has SB account, call sb account CS and explain the issue and ask all the questions you are asking here.. do this early tomorrow

DEEP_RAY

TF Select
As he has SB account, call sb account CS and explain the issue and ask all the questions you are asking here.. do this early tomorrow
Now CC care telling me that they don't have the details of any application against your number.
They only cancel when you will receive the CARD.

But when I am checking process using mobile number and DOB in HDFC site then it is showing IN PROCESS.

We are being forcibly converted into vigilant customers by HDFC by keeping us on our toes at all times. Do not stop expecting such surprises.

Who knows, (except them,) your next SMS could be informing n congratulating you on getting an add-on card for a CC that's declined now.

So, be constantly vigilant n check all your accounts daily. At least, once. Ideally.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This is becoming shameful. I told in other thread- RBI should mandate OTP based submission of credit card application first. All card companies should send a PDF copy of the submitted application with IP address captured in case online application with or without agent details for the applicant mandatorily.