• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Questions Regarding applying HDFC credit card

Hey folks, I started my freelancing journey last mid-year. For the first half of the last year, I was working, and later moved into freelancing. I also recently registered a new company for the business and created the GST entity. I haven't used my GST so far since it's the new company, and for the last 6 months, my payment has been paid to my personal account (between 1.5 to 2L) every month. I also recently started a business account with HDFC and am planning to use it going forward. I also have a cashback card with a 2.7L limit, LTF, with the personal account.

My goal is to get the Tata Neu Infinity and Biz Power Credit Card (mainly for the lounge access with the add-on for my parents and business transactions).

MY CIBIL is 785

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to get the credit card only based on the account transaction? All my payments are getting credited to the HDFC account, or should I wait to file my tax?
  2. Should I apply for the Tata Neu first or the Biz Power credit card?
  3. Also, can I use the business card for personal use? I have seen people getting blocked for using a personal card for business; is the reverse true? For example, if I book tickets or hotels for my parents, will it be an issue?

realjayt

TF Premier
1. Yes, you might get pre approved offers based on your transactions and overall banking relationship.
2. Always apply for Core card first ie biz power.
3. It shouldn’t be unless your auditor questions you. Then you might have to show it as business expenses, which I think you’re allowed to as proprietor