• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Virtual RM vs Branch RM

pandeyji

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I am currently a classic customer moving to imperia. Branch employees says bad things about Virtual RMs and they are just customer care people who doesn't do any work an RM should do. It is possible that they are trying to make a fool out of me. Can anybody suggest pros and cons if any, for choosing one over the other?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
As per my experience virtual rm is useless no doubt where else my very little experience from branch rm wasn't that bad but then again would require more interaction which I'm not keen of either doing it cause i know the end result will leave me disappointing. It my personal experience will differ from person to person. Go ahead with imperia banking if it offer to you I'm too imperia customer and you can still contact your branch rm cause your account should be in that branch and if you request him he will get it done in 4 week time but with regular visit/reminder it possible your request would be fulfilled, it just for hdfc though

ltf4ever

TF Ace
remember one thing - the RMs are not there to serve you; they are there to serve the bank. each call/meeting you have with them regarding any complaint or service request, they will try to sell you a product, sometimes even completely disregarding the request that you called them for.

if you think selecting virtual/branch RMs would help you get better service and resolution of complaints, then that is rarely gonna happen. keep expectations at a minimum.
I am currently a classic customer moving to imperia. Branch employees says bad things about Virtual RMs and they are just customer care people who doesn't do any work an RM should do. It is possible that they are trying to make a fool out of me. Can anybody suggest pros and cons if any, for choosing one over the other?

pandeyji

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
remember one thing - the RMs are not there to serve you; they are there to serve the bank. each call/meeting you have with them regarding any complaint or service request, they will try to sell you a product, sometimes even completely disregarding the request that you called them for.

if you think selecting virtual/branch RMs would help you get better service and resolution of complaints, then that is rarely gonna happen. keep expectations at a minimum.
Thanks for the heads up. I am well aware of the traps but they do sometimes help you get some good deals and info, that's why I asked.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Could someone list the use cases that we can avail through RM (their general functionality to the customer) ?

I never contacted them and always questioned myself that whether they're capable to resolve that issue or not. So, few basic ideas appreciated. Thanks!
any query regarding your saving a/c you might have you can call them and get their response for example if you need to map your another family member account to a family a/c to eliminate the need of MAB for that family member then you can call them instead of visiting your branch (if you have classic/preffered/imperia and already maintain MAB already)

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
yes HDFC considers this as single account so if person A already have HDFC card and now open saving a/c he can linked his existing cc and with after some month his chances of getting better upgrade cc might improve, oh yeah family banking other than zero MAB could have better thing cause if both person a and b maintain balance and buy bank's product loans/investment/whatnot chances of account upgrade will result better chances of top tier cc by the bank it more like a gimmick only invest time if you can extract maximum benefit

tuhin

TF Premier
All RMs are nothing but CC Executive. Mine has one ICICI RM, something like CC only

yolofino

TF Premier
any query regarding your saving a/c you might have you can call them and get their response for example if you need to map your another family member account to a family a/c to eliminate the need of MAB for that family member then you can call them instead of visiting your branch (if you have classic/preffered/imperia and already maintain MAB already)
I'm on Classic (has salary account with them), opened my wife's account under family salary savings account category. Wife is still on Prime and any request to my or other virtual RMs are useless. They are not mapping or upgrading the account to Classic.

Branch people say move the branch to us, then only we can do.

microice

TF Neo
Virtual RM is useless. I've a corporate salary account (with impera) and opened another account for family member under my account my choice (you can select acc number with 5L initial funding for acc opening)

It took 6+ months for virtual RM to just to initiate linking procedure. Eveytime they say there is issue in system for fetching details it'll be resolved soon blah blah. I've had multiple escalations and there was no sign of any progress.

I got fed up and raised escalation in hdfc portal to close my salary acc (9 years old) within next few days grouping was completed.

That was the last time I had interacted with my virtual RM.

agrprashant

TF Buzz

This is so true.

Save money. Get coupons that work using LittlePixi: https://go.littlepixi.com/uwq

Heisenberg37

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
i just opened current account for my opc but it has been migrated to new netbanking.
i am not able to be see the imperia banner as the account is imperia
if i order chequebook will that be normal cheque book or imperia cheque book?