• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Complained against HDFC RM. What should be my next step?

Transpointer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
3 days ago I complained to HDFC Preferred customer care that I wanted a physical RM because my current virtual one takes a day to call back. Talks extremely lazily and half in Gujarati which pisses me off since I hate the way she talks and I have a hard time understanding her.
She took a year and 3 branch visits to complain to get my mom linked in my family account.
Sent me the incorrect form for Joint owner instead when I wanted to change my name in the bank.
Only called so that I could give her that positive feedback on mail.

Now I have received 13-18 calls in the last two days. I am not picking up since I don’t want to deal with her bullshit. I have complained to PNO today and said that I will be moving my assets to Axis if I keep having this trouble.
What confuses me is that HDFC tells the RM about a customer’s complaints towards them which would make their behavior even worse towards that particular customer in the future, who is me in this case. What can be done? I have about 65lk in FD in this bank.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
3 days ago I complained to HDFC Preferred customer care that I wanted a physical RM because my current virtual one takes a day to call back. Talks extremely lazily and half in Gujarati which pisses me off since I hate the way she talks and I have a hard time understanding her.
She took a year and 3 branch visits to complain to get my mom linked in my family account.
Sent me the incorrect form for Joint owner instead when I wanted to change my name in the bank.
Only called so that I could give her that positive feedback on mail.

Now I have received 13-18 calls in the last two days. I am not picking up since I don’t want to deal with her bullshit. I have complained to PNO today and said that I will be moving my assets to Axis if I keep having this trouble.
What confuses me is that HDFC tells the RM about a customer’s complaints towards them which would make their behavior even worse towards that particular customer in the future, who is me in this case. What can be done? I have about 65lk in FD in this bank.
Why are you still preferred and not Imperia ?

Quantum

TF Premier
Nowadays, most of the banks convey the complaint/feedback to the employee.

If you are not satisfied with the services of the RM, then you could change your RM by requesting the bank. A call/email to support would be enough.

In your case, all you should do is to change the RM, get a non-virtual one.
As you have already complained about the existing RM, close that chapter mentally and move on.

When you get the new RM and they call you for the introduction, tell them why did you change the previous RM and what are your expectations from the new one.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Nowadays, most of the banks convey the complaint/feedback to the employee.

If you are not satisfied with the services of the RM, then you could change your RM by requesting the bank. A call/email to support would be enough.

As you have already complained about the existing RM, close that chapter mentally and move on.

When you get the new RM and they call you for the introduction, tell them why did you change the previous RM and what are your expectations from the new one.
Sensible answer .

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Very true.

@Transpointer, the same is true for Axis, Citi, and others as well.
Gone are the days when the banking management would filter and refine the feedback before forwarding.
Nowadays, RMs/BMs are responsible for their customer's satisfaction. The onus is always on these folks.
In hdfc
Complaint shown in Branch ( so red mark to branch profile)
Now bm calls & after slow understanding they slide the phone to Rm to solve actual issue or
Bm itself solves

Also
Resolution/ understanding of resolution mail comes from bm desk not rm

So it's official/legal words

Quantum

TF Premier
I get that but now they would have a vendetta against me for complaining so they would never treat me like a normal customer.
Here you are overthinking. This is not some school/college scenario where you have complained about a bully to the Principal, and now you are worried that the bully will beat you up whenever they would get a chance. :LOL:

You only complained about the RM, right? Nowadays, some folks change the RM like DP.
At the end of the day, even they are working in a corporate and have to show some professionalism. Just think, what they could do to your account or services if influenced by vendetta? Nothing, because if you are eligible for something, then nobody can take that away from you. And if it happens, then you can screw anyone involved in that.

You should know that I told my Citi/Axis RM that I have to complain about him and therefore I need his escalation matrix contacts. :)
And he had to share the escalation matrix while knowing that I'm asking for this to complain about him.
Because the RM/BM/BH cannot deny sharing the escalation matrix with a customer.

I got the escalation matrix from him, complained about him, got him unassigned as my RM, he apologized in written via email and message. He tried to call to apologize but I didn't receive the call.
When I escalated the issue of changing the RM, the branch's operation head called me 4-5 times, just to convey that they have assigned a new RM to my account. And all they wanted me to do is to reply to the email that branch has reached out to me to notify about the RM assignment. I didn't even know that a request to change the RM would trigger Branch-Head/Operations-head, etc.

Now when I got the new RM, I got him working for my Burgundy Magnus credit card (not that my account didn't qualify for it but for other things such as quick approval, better limit, etc), welcome benefits, etc.

The new RM/BM/BH/operation-head treats me like a normal customer only with added sense of urgency to my requests now.
Hope that helps!

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Is it possible to change to real/local RM for preferred account holders ?

talkwithfino

TF Premier
Very true.

@Transpointer, the same is true for Axis, Citi, and others as well.
Gone are the days when the banking management would filter and refine the feedback before forwarding.
Nowadays, RMs/BMs are responsible for their customer's satisfaction. The onus is always on these folks.
One thing I have noticed in Hdfc is that their GR mechanism is internal. In the sense, if you raise complaint to escalation or gr @ hdfcbank.com; a CRM ticket will get opened and the complaint would be frwded to your Branch Manager.

My BM was literally fed up of me ( not that any of it was my fault; he had complete lack of knowledge even on the most basic of things) . Eventually, I got fed up with Hdfc and their GR mechanism and closed my Preferred Account.

Axis, icici have a centralized complaint desk who directly coordinate with you and send you a solution/ response. But not Hdfc. These retarded folks will alwaysssss fwd your complaint to the Branch/ Branch Manager. I am in no ways eligible for their Infiniti Program ; but I am pretty sure its a completely retarded Program. People get fed up with one RM, and that Program gives you 3 RM's for round the clock support.

IMO, Hdfc has what I like to call as the Ask/ Beg culture. I mean, @Transpointer has 65 L in Fd's and he is still not in Imperia. He has to beg or at least ask for an upgrade. In most other banks, where you are eligible and already enrolled for a Program, you get auto upgraded to higher program if you satisfy the Criteria. And that culture, along with the laid back attitude the employees have just makes the whole Hdfc experience a disaster.

I get that but now they would have a vendetta against me for complaining so they would never treat me like a normal customer.
And tbh, even I was scared of this... cause in Hdfc, almost everything is dependent on Branch rather than online banking; and I became worried to a point, hoping that I don't screw my relationship up with these dudes at Branch.

Last edited:

sidp

TF Ace
I tried asking my old RM but they were useless even for that
It's cuz rm has step wise clearance. Classic/vishesh rm can't raise to preffered. And preffered rm can't raise to imperia.
But here bm is allowed to raise it, who becomes your rm. Problem is many bm are unaware and not motivated.