• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got IDFC wealth credit card very easily

Harvey_Dent

TF Select
Anyone looking to apply for IDFC wealth credit card, go through this post once

I used to apply for IDFC credit cards last year. Every time it got rejected. This time I went to a mall and applied through an agent there.

The process was very simple. He said there are only two criteria for IDFC wealth cc. I only wanted wealth.
1. Salary 4 lakhs
OR
2. Existing card limit 4 lakhs for c2c and at least 1 year old card

I applied c2c using my ICICI apay card with 4.1 lakh limit and 1.2 years old, contray to popular belief it doesn’t work for c2c. The agent did all the application, no salary slips, no documents. Don’t know what salary he filled, but I was shown wealth and applied. I was surprised though.

Later office address verification happened on phone, I said I wfh. I was also sent a mail on my office email to verify company address and name. Process was smooth, even though their portal sucks. Approved within 3 days excluding weekend. Got same limit as apay.

I know this card is devalued now, but still it’s good for offers and dreamfolks membership, which I guess doesn’t have any minimum spends criteria.

10 days earlier I got sapphiro LTF under alumni program, and also got axis select. This is my last application of the year. Next year, I am looking to apply DCB or regalia LTF.

EDIT on 31st July: I received my card. If anyone wondering the lounge access associated with this card. Here’s the detailed info I checked on dreamfoks.

Domestic lounge: 4/qtr, can use cc or dreamfolks card. I know people might challenge this, but IDFC’s partnership with dreamfoks is a bit different compared to ICICI. Hence can use both

International lounge: 4/qtr using dreamfolks card

Railway lounge: 4/qtr. Can take 1 guest as well on that card

Domestic Airport spa: 4/qtr

Grand Total: 16, definitely worth for a LTF card

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Update : Just received an sms saying that office address could not be verified we will be holding application for 3 days .. This is fake since no one called or came I was in the office all day long ..
https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/idfc-fake-verification-process.22749/ .. ,

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There are several cases of the same incident on forum. Have a look on those to get it solved.

IMO:- mailing them regarding the incident should get the work done
I think cooling off is there.. 3 months

Guess what, they rejected the application now.. I am guessing mailing them would just be wasting my time as they will just come with bank internal policy bs!
The time I received the office address could not be verified SMS & the application decline time is the exactly the same 18.20 ..

Any point chasing this anymore?

Attachments

• IMG-20240213-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240213-WA0002.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG-20240213-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240213-WA0001.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 46

SonyTom

TF Premier
Yours is wealth .. right ? If you do not mind me asking what limit did they offer ?
Yes. Wealth - 5L.
I think if credit review is prolonged, it means they are attempting some verification behind our backs. So mine also will probably be rejected since I won't be at my office address if they come unannounced.

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes. Wealth - 5L.
I think if credit review is prolonged, it means they are attempting some verification behind our backs. So mine also will probably be rejected since I won't be at my office address if they come unannounced.
If they come that is.. The problem is that these buggers are big time liars, they never even attempted to visit mine, failed the verification & then declined the application after sending office verification failure sms!

Hope you have better luck.. All the best bro.. For me it's RIP IDFC.. Just not worth going through this nonsense anymore in the future..

sharpened

TF Select
When did you apply ? What date is it showing for them to give you a decision in the application tracker ? For me physical verification not done yet ...

Did your physical verification / Physical KYC happen at application review stage or credit review stage ? Did some some come to your office / home for physical verification right after the VKYC ?
Home and office at same address. Verification was completed the same day as VKYC and under Application review stage. Now at credit review.

sharpened

TF Select
Any further update? I'm also in the same boat a few days behind .. Your update would be helpful.
Rejected without explanation today. Most likely because WFH. So if you're a remote worker, better hope for instant card generation or it'll get declined.

I even make close to the stated 3L/m that makes me eligible for Wealth.

SS33

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Rejected without explanation today. Most likely because WFH. So if you're a remote worker, better hope for instant card generation or it'll get declined.

I even make close to the stated 3L/m that makes me eligible for Wealth.
Sorry to hear this. Looks like their approval is pretty ad-hoc and flawed. I'm still waiting for someone to visit for office verification even though I had shown the office space at the time of residence address verification. It has been 3 days since the status moved back to application review. I think I can kind of guess what is going to happen in my case too .. Looks like the larger banks are much better in this regard.

Hello all, just wanted to share my father's experience regarding IDFC Wealth credit card. On 22 Feb, i applied idfc card for my father with C2C application by using Amex SmartEarn with 4.35L limit. I had no hope of getting wealth, i applied with the impression of getting select( it is good too as per my father's usage). But as i applied for the card, it showed only wealth with no documents requirement. Next day, VKYC was done. No verification was done by the bank. yesterday morning, the application got approved, got wealth card with 5L limit.

SS33

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello all, just wanted to share my father's experience regarding IDFC Wealth credit card. On 22 Feb, i applied idfc card for my father with C2C application by using Amex SmartEarn with 4.35L limit. I had no hope of getting wealth, i applied with the impression of getting select( it is good too as per my father's usage). But as i applied for the card, it showed only wealth with no documents requirement. Next day, VKYC was done. No verification was done by the bank. yesterday morning, the application got approved, got wealth card with 5L limit.
Salaried or Self-Employed? Having IDFC First Bank account?

binno

TF Premier
RML Group
I also applied on 18feb and did vkyc at 19
Home verification done on 21 .. Application still on credit review .. Tomm gonna be the d-day