• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unexpectedly got IDFC wealth CC

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Had zero relationship with IDFC First Bank.

I was looking to purchase a house in my home town, and then needed Aadhaar address in same town. Had issues updating Aadhaar address with post paid and other sort of bills.

So ended up creating IDFC first bank account with rental agreement just outside the Aadhaar office, deposited 25k & then used the account statement to update the aadhaar. I was simply using this new account for holding cash (max 5L) for down payment purpose for hardly a month period.

Later I was holding not more then 1L in this account. I received call from the guy who helped with account opening & upgraded account to select. Same continued, after 6 months or so, I received call from RM asking me to apply for LTF cards of IDFC.

Since Cashkaro had offer for 2K cashback, I just wanted to apply since its LTF anyways. Wealth was being offered & I received the card in next 4-5 days.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Salute to u for keeping 30L in SFGs, Even I don't trust them with 5L as going through rbi insurance process is Quite a hassle.

Ur fatality chances are 10 times lesser on a scotey men 😅

It's comes with net worth, as its keeps on piling u starts to Make things more secure & superior
To be frank, if ICICI or Axis bank get into a position which makes RBI insurance process to kick in... we have much bigger things to worry then saving balances.

It mostly means India as a state is going through crisis. Irrespective of your investments in India, share market, real estate and all other investment ventures will collapse giving you much higher loss then your saving account balances. It will be a larger issue then 2008 problem. Where no one wants to buy real estate & values dropped by about 50%, same with rental yield... Its cumulative effect..

What I'm trying to say is... if such big banks fail.... there will be more worse things that will happen then just losing the un-insured money >5L. Your entire life savings could be at risk irrespective of its in bank or not.

Baki

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
To be frank, if ICICI or Axis bank get into a position which makes RBI insurance process to kick in... we have much bigger things to worry then saving balances.

It mostly means India as a state is going through crisis. Irrespective of your investments in India, share market, real estate and all other investment ventures will collapse giving you much higher loss then your saving account balances. It will be a larger issue then 2008 problem. Where no one wants to buy real estate & values dropped by about 50%, same with rental yield... Its cumulative effect..

What I'm trying to say is... if such big banks fail.... there will be more worse things that will happen then just losing the un-insured money >5L. Your entire life savings could be at risk irrespective of its in bank or not.
Im not talking About these biggies , Im Pointing Small Finance Banks (SFGs) As said, It take just some breeze for them to fall.

The Day HDFC ICICI fall, It will be end for Indian economy for sure.

Needed a quick suggestion. My Gross Salary is around 21 LPA, I have CC from HDFC, ICICI and Axis. Was thinking of applying for IDFC Wealth. Any chances to get the same, I have no relationship with IDFC First Bank.

Card with Highest Limit is ICICI Coral Rupay with CC Limit if 4.2 L. Other cards is HDFC Millenia with (2.5 L). Can I get IDFC wealth with C2C?

Baki

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
GOT IDFC select via c2c against HDFC business regalia.

Upgrade journey to WEALTH
1. Tried upgrading after 1 month, they said come after 3 statements. Failed!
2. Tried after 3 statements, approved first reject after 7 days
3. Casually tried again after 8 month from card delivery. Got wealth credit card delivered last week (They asked income documents).

Note: I don't have saving account with them.
They increased limit from 2L to 7L.

pradeepG

TF Premier
GOT IDFC select via c2c against HDFC business regalia.

Upgrade journey to WEALTH
1. Tried upgrading after 1 month, they said come after 3 statements. Failed!
2. Tried after 3 statements, approved first reject after 7 days
3. Casually tried again after 8 month from card delivery. Got wealth credit card delivered last week (They asked income documents).

Note: I don't have saving account with them.
They increased limit from 2L to 7L.
salaried or self employed?
how much RANGE salary/ITR? (if u r comfortable)