• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got Axis Airtel Finally with Vi Number

Was looking to get Airtel Axis offer on my Airtel SIM for a while. After months of refreshing, opening a Payments Bank account and checking CIBIL in hope for the offer I gave up until I saw people applying it via non-Airtel numbers. I already had a normal Axis bank salary account with a lot of preapproved offers except Airtel Axis and Ace.

I took a Vi number, installed the Airtel Thanks app and clicked the Credit Card section and voila, it let me continue the application and add my details. After having 2 Airtel broadbands, 2 DTH and Airtel prepaid on my Airtel sim phone, it still did no give me the offer but a random number sim worked.

I applied and completed the application with conditional approval and got the Video KYC link. Completed it the next day. On tracking it, the Axis app was all wrong though the Airtel app showed that it was sent.

Received it in 4 days with a limit of 5,00,000. Overall I am happy, but should have received a better experience than this. I wonder how they choose whom to offer it.

In conclusion, uses another SIM for an instant offer instead of pointless struggling.

cardy

TF Ace
Was looking to get Airtel Axis offer on my Airtel SIM for a while. After months of refreshing, opening a Payments Bank account and checking CIBIL in hope for the offer I gave up until I saw people applying it via non-Airtel numbers. I already had a normal Axis bank salary account with a lot of preapproved offers except Airtel Axis and Ace.

I took a Vi number, installed the Airtel Thanks app and clicked the Credit Card section and voila, it let me continue the application and add my details. After having 2 Airtel broadbands, 2 DTH and Airtel prepaid on my Airtel sim phone, it still did no give me the offer but a random number sim worked.

I applied and completed the application with conditional approval and got the Video KYC link. Completed it the next day. On tracking it, the Axis app was all wrong though the Airtel app showed that it was sent.

Received it in 4 days with a limit of 5,00,000. Overall I am happy, but should have received a better experience than this. I wonder how they choose whom to offer it.

In conclusion, uses another SIM for an instant offer instead of pointless struggling.
That's strange. Anyway congratulations

sri_cc

TF Buzz

great, this worked for me as well

was in same situation, airtel postpaid number, showing pre-approved on the airtel app, but not allowing to apply at all

used my mom's jio number, applied, video KYC was done, then someone came to home for thumb & signature and collected them
after that radio silence for 10 days, called CC in between but they also said you'll get update in 2-3 days but overall took 10 days
then I got the approval email and SMS and the card immediately started showing up in the axis app
I immediately updated it to my mobile number
again radio silence for 5 days, no updates about delivery
then got an SMS yesterday that it was shipped and it said I'll get it in 2-3 days, but delivered today, activated immediately
my existing limit of 4.65L for FK card got shared with this card as well

couple of weird things with axis system
  • when I applied with my mom's number and my PAN card, axis updated the mobile number for my existing card to my mom's number as well, I had to change it back again, when I called CC, they said it is expected, when you apply for a new card in AXIS, mobile no, email from this new application will be added to old cards as well it seems
  • In the letter with physical card, I got a limit of just 3L, but when I activated in the app, it was showing shared limit from my FK card and confirmed the same after a transaction as well, it's limit is shared 4.65L with FK card

So anyone not able to apply for this card using Airtel number, just use number from another network.

Vinod247

TF Neo
I have Flipkart axis card and 4 days back I applied for airtel axis card through my jio number (No offer on Primary airtel number).
2 days back I received a call from axis bank regarding Video-KYC, received VKYC link. But unfortunately VKYC was rejected due to 3rd person voice during the call, and informed to try again. But the VKYC link is not working now by displaying "Sorry you are not eligible for VKYC now, an executive will contact you shortly to complete CC application process."

Till date I haven't received any communication from axis bank. how can I proceed further?
Update.

I visited an Axis Bank branch on December 26th as there was no update from Axis Bank customer care. The agent created a fresh application, completed KYC, and cancelled the previous one. After checking eligibility, the card was dispatched on January 4th and delivered by January 7th. After activation, the number was changed back to the primary mobile number through the app.

Those who hold Flipkart axis card are not eligible for Airtel axis new rule from dec 1
This was said by axis customer agent
may be wrong information.

Never believe a single person.

Always cross-check with another customer care executive. I have heard many such reasons just to reject an application (not just for Airtel Axis card).
yes.

vine

TF Premier
Using the Airtel Thanks App is an absolute shitshow.
I booked a lpg cylinder four days ago, and it's still shows as in process.
I have used 3-4 apps before, none of them takes more than 2 mins.

How are you all even able to use it??
Even complained on the Twitter account, I didn't even get a response.
This kind of horrible service is a deal-breaker.

Cc_creditguy

TF Premier
I completed my axis Bank application it's say it's partially approved and vkyc and physical verification also done but no update form their side any suggestions it's been more than 3 week

pranaym

TF Buzz
Let me use this trick! My airtel axis application was rejected 3 months ago, so I don't think mere other number use krne se koi farak pdega. I will apply on behalf of my other family member.

James

TF Ace

Are you able to pay the bill on Gpay or Paytm still?
If yes, I think the payment is not successful.

Try booking again. You can file credit card chargeback with Axis bank for your previous payment.

I used airtel app a few times to book Cylinder but I haven't faced any issue

AlgoTrader

TF Ace

i generally book cylinder using IVR and pay using airtel for 10%