• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My journey to finally get the airtel axis cc

1 year ago roughly (around Feb '23), I applied for the airtel axis cc through the airtel thanks app, it was pretty straightforward and once application completed it showed you are conditionally approved for the card, and a link was given to do vkyc.

But for some reason, vkyc link didn't work; and after 48 hrs the link auto expired and I didn't know how to get the kyc done, as I was new to this cc game. And since I got the SBI cashback card also around the same time and I didn't have a lot of expenses back then, I also didn't care about following up.

-- Fast forward almost 6 months

Since there was no way to go forward on backward once the screen to do manual kyc comes, didn't know what to do. So I tried applying using another (office) phone number. Once I give OTP, either the screen use to freeze, or it used to come like "Application under review".. which eventually turns into Application declined, but once I come back to the home page, the application journey used to start again. I was frustrated a bit, so tried doing it 3-4 times, but same result. So gave up on it.

-- 2 months ago

After seeing many conversations around axis bank cc team, I decided to write to get this issue sorted. I directly wrote to the PNO stating to do the kyc on my cc application and gave my application number. But all I got are lame standard replies that link was sent to my registered email / mobile (but I recieved none), the conversation didn't go anywhere. I let it go.

-- 1 month ago

I somehow wanted to end this fiasco once in for all, and decide to freshly write to PNO, but this time to cancel my cc application, and wrote the entire story to them of how link wasn't working and I didn't get any follow up also reg my application.

PNO team took their sweet time tho (around 12-15 days just to respond, keep sending the same copy paste message about responding within 3 working days, which kept on repeating), but after the 3rd time of pushing by 3 working days, I get a response asking my contact number and home address.

3 days after giving my info, then some fire started somewhere maybe. On 18th March Someone from axis bank called about my cc application, and I explained to them about this whole drama. They said they would be looking into it.

Next day I get a call from the sales manager saying that they got responsibility for my cc application lead, and said they would send someone to my home to get the application.

21st march axis bank rep comes, and takes the offline application with physical kyc at my home (of course he tried to get me to open a 25k MAB liberty acc which I politely declined). The whole thing took hardly 30 min. Next day 22nd March, I get a reply stating that they have cancelled my older cc application and opened a new one (along with stating both the application numbers, old and new.)

23rd march morning and I get the message, application approved! and a few more days of wait till today, and card delivered!

---

Although the cc has been through devaluation recently, I still think this is a good to have card and the devaluation isn't a lot (at least as compared to other axis cards devaluation), not to mention it feels good to get something done from axis bank cc team, lol.

TLDR:
Whoever said applying airtel axis bank cc is not possible offline and can be done only via the app; simply ain't right. It can be done offline, like how mine was processed.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Same thing happened with me. I had applied for Airtel in March 23 and got no response after physical kyc. I left it and forgot about it.

In September last year I escalated to PNO who replied to me in October asking for details. Suddenly in November, one person from a nearby branch called up and told that he has been assigned the responsibility of completing my application. When I told him that I had applied for Kiwi less than 6 months back, he said it'll be better to wait to apply.

I had entirely forgotten about it. I got Ace pre-approved last month and took it. Last week I got the option to apply for Airtel via the app again and applied it.

It got rejected yesterday late night. So, for me Airtel card is pepsi. I'm not going to waste more time behind it.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Same thing happened with me. I had applied for Airtel in March 23 and got no response after physical kyc. I left it and forgot about it.

In September last year I escalated to PNO who replied to me in October asking for details. Suddenly in November, one person from a nearby branch called up and told that he has been assigned the responsibility of completing my application. When I told him that I had applied for Kiwi less than 6 months back, he said it'll be better to wait to apply.

I had entirely forgotten about it. I got Ace pre-approved last month and took it. Last week I got the option to apply for Airtel via the app again and applied it.

It got rejected yesterday late night. So, for me Airtel card is pepsi. I'm not going to waste more time behind it.
Since rupay platinum offer came 🤗, I didn't need Airtel card.

CyberPsych

TF Ace
I did similar one, but I applied within 90 days of previous card approval just to get the friendship of agent. After 90 days of rejection, he said it can't be applied, I am not authorised. Now, I got the card for my sister easily (NTB Axis). If I want for myself, I need to write to PNO based on the rejection message