• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got Axis Airtel Finally with Vi Number

Was looking to get Airtel Axis offer on my Airtel SIM for a while. After months of refreshing, opening a Payments Bank account and checking CIBIL in hope for the offer I gave up until I saw people applying it via non-Airtel numbers. I already had a normal Axis bank salary account with a lot of preapproved offers except Airtel Axis and Ace.

I took a Vi number, installed the Airtel Thanks app and clicked the Credit Card section and voila, it let me continue the application and add my details. After having 2 Airtel broadbands, 2 DTH and Airtel prepaid on my Airtel sim phone, it still did no give me the offer but a random number sim worked.

I applied and completed the application with conditional approval and got the Video KYC link. Completed it the next day. On tracking it, the Axis app was all wrong though the Airtel app showed that it was sent.

Received it in 4 days with a limit of 5,00,000. Overall I am happy, but should have received a better experience than this. I wonder how they choose whom to offer it.

In conclusion, uses another SIM for an instant offer instead of pointless struggling.

From what it seems it’s economical sense for them kind of. If someone from a different operator picks their card then in order to extract more value out of it (esp 25% cashback) they’ll try to be in their ecosystem or try to port into their ecosystem which shall increase their ARPU hence makes sense. I tried from my airtel number but dint receive, from family members jio number got approved in an insta
But doesn't matter for getting 25% cb on primary number recharge? just confirming.

I already have FK axis card & have applied for this card with the jio number I have in my family. it's been 4 days and no updates anywhere, but I just now got sms that my number in fk axis card has now been changed to a jio number, which I don't want. what shall I do?