• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.
I have DCB, Axis Select and Axis Privilege (all LTF) and with limits above 5lakhs. But, the best IDFC First can offer me is their secured wow card for some bizarre reason. I opened an account with them a month ago and for some reason they opened salary account instead of savings. My salary gets credited in HDFC so I don’t know why IDFC did this and am not sure what will happen with this account in the future but I still have been unable to get an unsecured credit card from IDFC First.

Will maintaining 2 lakhs in this account make any changes or is just a waiting game? I have recently applied a month ago so I don’t think I will be able to reapply for the next 6 months, right?

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Up until now that was what I was doing. I made a call after listening to the advice in this thread to get the old application closed and they have taken the request.
incase you dont have indusind cc and looking to apply for one check my post

anonymuos

TF Ace
Which pincode you tried ! Metro city or city
It's not about pincode. Their flawed algorithm offers only WOW card sometimes even to those with high end credit cards and good limits. They don't offer upgrades even with regular usage of existing card. And once you get WOW card, you are doomed, you are never offered any unsecured card on same number again.

newinnov

TF Premier
It's not about pincode. Their flawed algorithm offers only WOW card sometimes even to those with high end credit cards and good limits. They don't offer upgrades even with regular usage of existing card. And once you get WOW card, you are doomed, you are never offered any unsecured card on same number again.
Idfc wow card ki fd ke interest se Kiara Advani ki marriage expense chuka raha h 😡
Mere cibil market pe unsecured cc show kar ra tha, apply kia to idfc wow diya Chindichor bank

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
IDFC is always about Pincode.

Even if you put Infinia, Amex with higher limits or Axis with higher limits but you are from Tier 2 or Tier 3 you will get Wow only. Pincode matters a lot. Select for certain Tier - 2 cities and wealth only for Metro Pincodes.

You can get upgrades from existing cards from branch support or from retention team on closure request (This scenario is rare).

anonymuos

TF Ace
IDFC is always about Pincode.

Even if you put Infinia, Amex with higher limits or Axis with higher limits but you are from Tier 2 or Tier 3 you will get Wow only. Pincode matters a lot. Select for certain Tier - 2 cities and wealth only for Metro Pincodes.

You can get upgrades from existing cards from branch support or from retention team on closure request (This scenario is rare).
I never said pin code doesn't matter 🤦🏻‍♂️ but it's not ONLY about pincode in their flawed algorithm. In my case, pin code is not the issue as I and my friend are in a prime location in Mumbai, near their head office. I was offered only WOW card despite having APay ICICI, SBI SimplyCLICK. I took it for 0% forex but later on no other card was offered even after a year, and having Wealth account, Wealth DC. Eventually got First Classic from alternate number after their PNO acknowledged that algorithm ignores other cards once WOW card is taken and they "generated" pre-approved offer for me from alternate number. (search for a thread with this exact issue on this forum itself where dozens having taken WOW cards for 0% forex were permanently banned from getting IDFC core unsecured cards, but are allowed to cobranded cards). Ha, if they had taken unsecured core cards before taking WOW card, then those remained active.

As for upgrades, again I know what to do to get the upgrade but it's not how other banks work. They offer upgrades over time. IDFC does not. That's why I said it sucks. :D

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I never said pin code doesn't matter 🤦🏻‍♂️ but it's not ONLY about pincode in their flawed algorithm. In my case, pin code is not the issue as I and my friend are in a prime location in Mumbai, near their head office. I was offered only WOW card despite having APay ICICI, SBI SimplyCLICK. I took it for 0% forex but later on no other card was offered even after a year, and having Wealth account, Wealth DC. Eventually got First Classic from alternate number after their PNO acknowledged that algorithm ignores other cards once WOW card is taken and they "generated" pre-approved offer for me from alternate number. (search for a thread with this exact issue on this forum itself where dozens having taken WOW cards for 0% forex were permanently banned from getting IDFC core unsecured cards, but are allowed to cobranded cards). Ha, if they had taken unsecured core cards before taking WOW card, then those remained active.

As for upgrades, again I know what to do to get the upgrade but it's not how other banks work. They offer upgrades over time. IDFC does not. That's why I said it sucks. :D
I was in the same boat, heard from one user on the forum that IDFC doesn't offer Select or Wealth after WOW card.

I closed Wow card in September and applied using their web portal and got select (In March 24 Due to Pincode) else eligible for Wealth. Later on applied for IDFC vistara card. Yes algorithm is very bad with IDFC, I had to go for 12-15 enquiries to get the IDFC select card at least.

anonymuos

TF Ace
I was in the same boat, heard from one user on the forum that IDFC doesn't offer Select or Wealth after WOW card.

I closed Wow card in September and applied using their web portal and got select (In March 24 Due to Pincode) else eligible for Wealth. Later on applied for IDFC vistara card. Yes algorithm is very bad with IDFC, I had to go for 12-15 enquiries to get the IDFC select card at least.
I was shown an error even after closing WOW card until I escalated to PNO that I will complain to RBI for not even allowing me to apply for a card or enter my other card C2C details, then they suddenly generated offer. Btw, were there 12-15 cibil hard enquiries to get Select? :eek:

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I got after 1 year 2 months 🤡

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I was shown an error even after closing WOW card until I escalated to PNO that I will complain to RBI for not even allowing me to apply for a card or enter my card or other C2C details, then they suddenly generated offer. Btw, were there 12-15 cibil hard enquiries to get Select? :eek:
When sfb try to show as Spiderman
When they are just keeda 🤣

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

What is the approx limit you get on select ? I tried applying from their website, it always shows select, may be due to pincode.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I was shown an error even after closing WOW card until I escalated to PNO that I will complain to RBI for not even allowing me to apply for a card or enter my other card C2C details, then they suddenly generated offer. Btw, were there 12-15 cibil hard enquiries to get Select? :eek:
Yes I had 12-15 to get the combination of Pincode and c2c card work for me. (IDFC is main culprit for me for not getting BOB due to high enquires)

Error is :"You cannot proceed"? or any other Error.