• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Foreign merchant refund received 6 month after closing RBL World Safari card cannot be processed

drsel

TF Legend
I closed my RBL world Safari card permanently on 12th October 2023
after 6 months in April 2024, I got a refund of USD 76.43 ( Rs 6536) to my RBL world Safari card account

Since the Card is closed permanently six months back, the customer care cannot locate my card on the system.
hence they cannot process the refund.

I emailed card services PNO, nodal officer and everybody and they keep replying to phone the customer care, who cannot even find my card on the system, leave alone process my refund.

Now what to do to get the refund?

Last edited:

yusuf646

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What was the source of your refund? Did you try informing them that your card was closed six months ago? Did they confirm that the refund was successfully credited to your card?

drsel

TF Legend

What was the source of your refund? Did you try informing them that your card was closed six months ago? Did they confirm that the refund was successfully credited to your card?
1) Source was from a giant company based in USA to whom I had made payment in US dollars when the card was active.
The merchant refunded a small part of the payment made.

2) I emailed RBL about the card being closed on 12th October 2023.

3) not in those words but
RBL bank sent me two emails about the credit balance in my closed card.

Last edited:

yusuf646

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
RBL only email me that there is a credit balance in my closed card.
And instructions to call Customer care to process the refund.
And they still can't find your card in their system? Banks are crazy nowadays 🤦

Have you tried informing the nodal officer about customer care's inability to find your card and process your refund? Are they still giving the same response?

drsel

TF Legend
And they still can't find your card in their system? Banks are crazy nowadays 🤦

Have you tried informing the nodal officer about customer care's inability to find your card and process your refund? Are they still giving the same response?
I emailed nodal Officer and principal nodal officer about the customer care inability to find my card and process my refund .
no reply because today is holiday

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I emailed nodal Officer and principal nodal officer about the customer care inability to find my card and process my refund .
no reply because today is holiday
General customer care team will not be able to see and do anything in this. But Nodal and PNO team has the authority to help you out. I had similar situation with Axis and general Customer care team were no help, Nodal guys helped me and transferred the excess balance to my savings account.