• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBL World Safari getting declined at the POS in abroad

Lucious.Flamel

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I carried RBL World Safari with me to South Africa and Thailand, but it did not work on the POS machines at all. The online transactions and contactless payments are working fine, but not the POS transactions. I have enabled all the card controls and maxed the card usage limits from the RBL mobile app and web app as well, still, I am not able to pay on the POS machines. In South Africa I got the error 'Payment not allowed, contact your bank' and in Thailand, the card was simply declined.

Has anyone else faced this issue? Is there any way to fix this? Otherwise, this card is useless.

Thanks!

Saipsy

TF Premier
Same thing happened to me as well with Axis in India. Working contactless but chip not working. Assumed chip problem, but when called Axis they told my transaction was stopped for safety reasons, but contactless worked on same merchant next second.

Itsoldsport

TF Buzz
I faced a similar issue in Dubai with the RBL Card. It kept declining even when international transactions were on in manage card but I kept turning it off and on for 2-3 times and it worked after a few minutes.

Same thing happened to me as well with Axis in India. Working contactless but chip not working. Assumed chip problem, but when called Axis they told my transaction was stopped for safety reasons, but contactless worked on same merchant next second.

Happened with me too In India with Axis Atlas, It kept declining my transaction at ITC hotel and worked fine at other places. Initially they told me it was due to security reasons but after a couple of calls to cancel the card, executive told me it was because most of my transactions were of smaller amount and suddenly a bigger transaction hence they declined it. Although, I believe they should have had security call or message to confirm if it was me who was doing the transaction but axis being axis just declined.

hs23new

TF Premier
Same issue in Vietnam and Philippines - may be a bad trick from RBL to save forex expenses.

I am asking them to convert to LTF or close as this is unusable card. The customer support is saying they cannot see declined transaction hence not able to help. Very Pathetic.

pranaym

TF Buzz
I didn't try my safari card on POS machines but my online USD transactions are working flawlessly. Some of the merchants haven't upgraded to 3D Secure payment gateways so I faced some issues there. I believe RBL is giving up to date services for online forex transactions. I think you should ask them for a proper reason why it didn't work on those POS machines. They can give you an appropriate answer.