• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Experian - New scoring method?!?!

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I just refreshed it in Experian.. and my score went down to 810 from 813... just a meagre 3 points reduction.

Its fairly stable between 810 and 830 for the last one year.. you can see that in the graph below..

and CIBIL 802 ..

1712986752502.png

SMS91

TF Buzz
My credit score reduced from 884 to 814 (Yesterday 884) with a new credit enquiry (today's date 13/04/24) from an institution name : Bureau Disclosure Report with customized Match V3

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Is this same for everyone or only me?
Score reduced by 30 points.
IMG_7339.jpeg
YES..
It seems Experian have changed their Consumer Bureau Score version from V2 to V3..

It seems the new version V3 will more or less align with CIBIL score levels..
There will be no more above 850 scores in Experian under new system as per their population distribution shift projection...

Thank God, now Experian aligned with CIBIL and I previously oberved Equifax also aligned with CIBIL more or less...
Now CRIF is still the odd man out..

Apart from CRIF, all there bureaus aligned to same level of scoring .. thhey may fine tune a bit soon.

Now, in general any score above 750 is good and any score above 800 is excellent in all CIBIL, Experian and Equifax... ( if not right now, it seems they are working towards that goal.. Hopefully CRIF also joins the team...)...

Here are salient fatures of new V3 from Experian a.k.a Consumer Bureau Score V3

On an average there will be -50 points effect after the new version is implemented..

Most importatnly ,

This is how the new population distribution will work as compared to the old verion...

V2 : Pink Colour
V3: Violet Colour

Note: From now on, a very less people will have a score >825 ...
look at the below highlighted population distribution chart...
and look at violet color bars...Pink bars are the old version bars big contrast .. which is good...

1712989029980.png

Last edited:

Strange

TF Legend
831 to 798. I can also see a credit iniquiry from ( Bureau Disclosure Report with Customized Match V3 ). Is it just me or all of u got this inquiry?
Did you generate your latest report through WhatsApp?

I also see a credit enquiry of ₹0 for Consumer search by "Bureau Disclosure Report with
Customized Match V3".

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
@SSV Is this enquiry also showing on your Experian credit report?

I always use my official premium subscription from the Experian web site..
not thru whatsapp.

I have total 8 enquiries and all are bank related enquires.. no V3 enquiry is showing in my report.

Here it is:

1712989623015.png
1712989655542.png

Strange

TF Legend
I always use my official premium subscription from the Experian web site..
not thru whatsapp.

I have total 8 enquiries and all are bank related enquires.. no V3 enquiry is showing in my report.

Here it is:

1712989623015.png
1712989655542.png
Can you download report as pdf then check.

YES..
It seems Experian have changed their Consumer Bureau Score version from V2 to V3..

It seems the new version V3 will more or less align with CIBIL score levels..
There will be no more above 850 scores in Experian under new system as per their population distribution shift projection...

Thank God, now Experian aligned with CIBIL and I previously oberved Equifax also aligned with CIBIL more or less...
Now CRIF is still the odd man out..

Apart from CRIF, all there bureaus aligned to same level of scoring .. thhey may fine tune a bit soon.

Now, in general any score above 750 is good and any score above 800 is excellent in all CIBIL, Experian and Equifax... ( if not right now, it seems they are working towards that goal.. Hopefully CRIF also joins the team...)...

Here are salient fatures of new V3 from Experian a.k.a Consumer Bureau Score V3

On an average there will be -50 points effect after the new version is implemented..

Most importatnly ,

This is how the new population distribution will work as compared to the old verion...

V2 : Pink Colour
V3: Violet Colour

Note: From now on, a very less people will be scored >825 ... look at the below highlighted population distribution chart...

1712989029980.png
Expected move by Experian.
I am not surprised or worried.
This is on expected lines.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.