• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Experian] Recording invalid utilised Credit amount in the past

aayusharyan

TF Ace
I was checking the history of my Experian report on BankBazaar and interestingly saw this trend. ss.png

In June of this year, for some reason the Credit Utilisation was reported as 37 Crores for my home loan. Now in the latest report it seems corrected, but should I be worried about the history of credit utilisation amounts? I don't know if their history is also tracked in calculation of scores. Anyone has had a similar experience? Should I fight with my Home Loan provider for this error, but then this has already been reflected, so does it matter anymore?

All suggestions are welcome.

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
So, I just let it go in that case? 🤔
Daamn, I was mentally preparing for a nice fight over emails.
I have myself experienced it.
In May I had a big purchase (ultrasound machine) so my utilisation for the month went to 70% in one credit card.
My CIBIL score decreased by 10 points
Next month in june my total credit utilisation was 2% and my CIBIL jumped back even 3 points higher than before.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
@S S V kuch help kar sakte hai
I was checking the history of my Experian report on BankBazaar and interestingly saw this trend. ss.png

In June of this year, for some reason the Credit Utilisation was reported as 37 Crores for my home loan. Now in the latest report it seems corrected, but should I be worried about the history of credit utilisation amounts? I don't know if their history is also tracked in calculation of scores. Anyone has had a similar experience? Should I fight with my Home Loan provider for this error, but then this has already been reflected, so does it matter anymore?

All suggestions are welcome.

let it go.. you are fine as the facts are represented now correctly

aayusharyan

TF Ace
In May I had a big purchase (ultrasound machine) so my utilisation for the month went to 70% in one credit card.
Next month in june my total credit utilisation was 2% and my CIBIL jumped back even 3 points higher than before.
Yes, but then this is not a result of my action right. If it was my purchase, it would have been fine.
But, I also get your point, no point in fighting over it as it has been corrected now.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What was your typical utilization ratio before May? Did your CIBIL change after the rise in June?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
@RishiKiDev @S S V
Haha, you folks were right. I just checked my Experian score history. Damn that improved my Credit Worthiness. I was very naive to worry about that. 🙈
My Experian score went from 810 to 832 when they fixed the total credit utilisation.
The score should have been 932 instead of 832 , considering your spend of 37 crores and subsequent successful repayment…

(speaking metaphorically) :ROFLMAO: