• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Doorstep Banking ?

Souvik

TF Premier
Anyone availed of Doorstep Banking by any of the private banks, Cash Pickup, Cash Delivery.

Specifically looking for Cash Delivery as visiting the ATM for cash requirements also may be out of fashion in sometime.

Not really talking about the below as PSB's are massively understaffed already with bad behavior, don't want to import that to doorstep: https://www.psballiance.com/doorstep-banking.html

Last edited:

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Kotak has these options in their Service Request menu, but I used it quite a few years ago. Other banks like HDFC, Yes etc. show it in their features for premium accounts, but refuse to provide when asked for the same. AU Bank also has this service, but not tried.

Souvik

TF Premier
Thanks, nice to have that first hand experience in Kotak, many banks have that in their website but I am not sure how good would that work considering skeletal staff.

I do see this in Bandhan bank, which has a branch near my residence... too promise the same. Not sure if it does help or not.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Post Office services are not the best to rely upon.
Indeed, but then again they are the only ones who provide this doorstep facility all over India. In fact if you check, there is stark rise in new post office saving accounts in South India (mostly) since 2016. They are primary beneficiary of government drive to open accounts of all people in rural areas.

Souvik

TF Premier
Indeed, but then again they are the only ones who provide this doorstep facility all over India. In fact if you check, there is stark rise in new post office saving accounts in South India (mostly) since 2016. They are primary beneficiary of government drive to open accounts of all people in rural areas.
That's some good data on new post office accounts...However in Bengal and in my area,I would consider myself lucky if the postman comes for a walk. In Bangalore Kadugodi side I have noticed post office employees are rather polite and well-mannered. Not so in Bengal.

Here Post Office = SBI