• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does Wrong/Low Income Affect CIBIL Score

krishc

TF Ace
Recently noticed that, in between last 1 month, some bank has reported my income as very low without any reason whatsoever.
Earlier my income used to be shown blank, now it shows a very low number, in fact less than 1/3rd of my aggregate Credit Limit.
Also in the same time my CIBIL has gone down from 793 to 759.
I'm thinking the wrong income could be the reason for the huge drop in score !!
Because there's no other factor to negatively influence score - Never missed a payment, credit utilisation below 10%, added only 1 card & 1 enquiry in the last 6 months, oldest card still active, no unsecured loans.

pxg

TF Premier
BOB also put in my income as 48 lakhs. They add an extra zero to whatever income you put in the application.

If it's a very low income field you can file a dispute with CIBIL (if the data is false). I have corrected some info this way.

And generally low income will get you a lower credit limit, and therefore your utilization will be high, which does affect credit score.
My credit score was 800+ when my income was zero because I didn't use any credit. Now I am mostly using CC and it's dropped 50 points or so and hovers between 760-780

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My income reported is 400 crore... Still banks are not giving me home delivery of their products.... Like intrest free loan.... Take loan without repayment obligation ... Unlimited limit credit card.... With no payment obligation.. Dont know what else could be done
Hope income tax department is not looking at CIBIL and charging you income tax on this imaginary notional income 😜