• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC affected my cibil score

Sachin2008

TF Select
Hello,

My Credit Score was b/w 792 to 796 for many years but on a fine day I found out technofino and Applied for almost all credit cards and got a few of them.
One thing I don't know every time I check if HDFC offered me CC or not, it is counted as cibill inquiry. In short my inpatient behavior made my Credit Score 792 to 779.
My credit profile is almost 10 years old and I have 3 inquiries till date. but now it's a total 17.
"every time I check if HDFC offered me CC or not, it is counted as cibill inquiry" Is it true ?
Now I have indusind grande account and they offered me Pinnacle credit card LTF but when they checked they said to wait a few weeks because I applied for many cards and it's not showing. I need this cc asap. can I apply again in jan 1st week ?
Advise me what to do :p

c1.jpg c2.jpg c3.jpg

Last edited:

pothi

TF Ace
RML Group
"every time I check if HDFC offered me CC or not, it is counted as cibill inquiry" Is it true ?

True.

But, don't worry. My credit card profile was 10 years too when I found TechnoFino and started applying for credit card with every bank left and right. I had a CIBIL score of 790+ as well. I even closed my 10 years old credit card just after getting a new card.

The CIBIL score will go up with time. Just be patient.

Sachin2008

TF Select
True.

But, don't worry. My credit card profile was 10 years too when I found TechnoFino and started applying for credit card with every bank left and right. I had a CIBIL score of 790+ as well. I even closed my 10 years old credit card just after getting a new card.

The CIBIL score will go up with time. Just be patient.
Thank you. I was in a hurry to collect all the cards and got a few of them as well. But HDFC made it very bad. I have regalia from 8-9 years & tata neu so I was trying to get another card like Swiggy HDFC or any other.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Hello,

My Credit Score was b/w 792 to 796 for many years but on a fine day I found out technofino and Applied for almost all credit cards and got a few of them.
One thing I don't know every time I check if HDFC offered me CC or not, it is counted as cibill inquiry. In short my inpatient behavior made my Credit Score 792 to 779.
My credit profile is almost 10 years old and I have 3 inquiries till date. but now it's a total 17.
Now I have indusind grande account and they offered me Pinnacle credit card LTF but when they checked they said to wait a few weeks because I applied for many cards and it's not showing. I need this cc asap. can I apply again in jan 1st week ?

c1.jpg c2.jpg c3.jpg
Noob you!!

Fallen for HDFC Trap 🪤.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Hello,

c1.jpg c2.jpg c3.jpg
You didn't read below 2 threads? 😂

bing1309

TF Premier
Same as you I had faced. had done pno, grievance, Board of Directors etc mails what not they don't remove enquiry made from Cibil says terms and condition in terms and condition nothing to mention about Cibil checking such buggers they are.. wait for 3 months you will come back with same points you lost but don't apply for any cc as of now other banks flags your request even for a limit increase. had faced the same issue with Axis when asked for a limit increase they did not say anything about hdfc enquiry but said do wait for 6 months and then ask us. as we are unable to process the request after cibil check (its understood hdfc enquiry made axis cautious hence just wait for cool down and hold spends below 30% at this time) then go ahead with another cc
if you want to bank with HDFC don't raise any RBI ombudsman dispute resolution they won't remove now but they just close the case and you will be flagged with HDFC. wait up to July 2024 then raise dispute with hdfc to remove cibil enquiry as rbi made new norms for banks to solve it so wait till that time and get it removed that time

Last edited:

Sachin2008

TF Select
Same as you I had faced. had done pno, grievance, Board of Directors etc mails what not they don't remove enquiry made from Cibil says terms and condition in terms and condition nothing to mention about Cibil checking such buggers they are.. wait for 3 months you will come back with same points you lost but don't apply for any cc as of now other banks flags your request even for a limit increase. had faced the same issue with Axis when asked for a limit increase they did not say anything about hdfc enquiry but said do wait for 6 months and then ask us. as we are unable to process the request after cibil check (its understood hdfc enquiry made axis cautious hence just wait for cool down and hold spends below 30% at this time) then go ahead with another cc
if you want to bank with HDFC don't raise any RBI ombudsman dispute resolution they won't remove now but they just close the case and you will be flagged with HDFC. wait up to July 2024 then raise dispute with hdfc to remove cibil enquiry as rbi made new norms for banks to solve it so wait till that time and get it removed that time
OMG I was about to file or email hdfc regarding enquiry removal. ur enquiry removed from cibill ?

"wait up to July 2024 then raise dispute with hdfc to remove cibil enquiry as rbi made new norms for banks to solve it so wait till that time and get it removed that time"

If I raise a dispute with hdfc in july 2024 to remove cibil they will do it ? Should I email hdfc because I did it by mistake ?

Sachin2008

TF Select
I can guarantee that there will be no CIBIL hit through this link or I would have had 100 enquiries from HDFC Bank in the last 3 months. I do not have a single enquiry from HDFC Bank and got Regalia Gold LTF through this link as this link is a pre-approved credit card link.
But in my case, they did this. I click on offers in net banking and then credit card offer then my mobile number +DOB then otp

But in my case, they did this. I click on offers in net banking and then credit card offer then my mobile number +DOB then otp
There are two different links to apply for HDFC credit card:

1st is normal credit card application link which will result in a CIBIL hit:

2nd is pre-approved credit card link without a CIBIL hit:

2nd link is a sure shot link to check for HDFC credit card without a CIBIL hit.