• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Diners Club Tools and Travel App - Priority pass Digital membership

haroldh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have a DCB card. While logging in Diners Club Tools and Travel app in the personalized section, I am being redirected to priority pass account. If I enter my card details there will I be charged?

Diners Club FAQ is unclear, HDFC bank Customer Care says Priority pass is anyway not required. So just wanted to understand if I will be charged or not?

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    24.7 KB · Views: 189
  • Screenshot_2023-05-10-16-23-54-54_554e6e1c17b34499e1009b5930d2bc1b.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-10-16-23-54-54_554e6e1c17b34499e1009b5930d2bc1b.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 184
  • Screenshot_2023-05-10-16-23-43-64_554e6e1c17b34499e1009b5930d2bc1b.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-10-16-23-43-64_554e6e1c17b34499e1009b5930d2bc1b.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 185

haroldh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Places where Diners is not accepted and only PP is accepted for example 080 Bangalore, can I use the app and get a digital PP card? Has anyone tried it?

Places where Diners is not accepted and only PP is accepted for example 080 Bangalore, can I use the app and get a digital PP card? Has anyone tried it?

Yeah of course you can! :p

Firstly - who told you Diners is not accepted at 080? It's accepted just fine. Diners I think has a near 100% coverage of airports/lounges in India. The most notable exception I think is the Aviserve lounge in BOM. I'm not sure there are any other lounges in India that are covered by the PP network and not Diners.

Secondly - your logic here is that Diners for xxx reasons is not able to give you a lounge, so they are going to give you a PP FoC for that???? Why should they bother with a lounge network at all then - shouldn't the just outsource the whole thing to PP and save themselves a whole lot of headache!

haroldh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Oh that's great. Because I went to 080 Domestic Lounge in Bangalore T1 and they denied DC card back in November 2022.

Hopefully it has changed now.

Yes your comment makes sense. I was also worried because I saw some posts where DCB is not accepted in Tier-2 international airports. Not sure about the acceptability of PP there.

Some noob questions as this is my first credit card using lounge access :D

Yes your comment makes sense. I was also worried because I saw some posts where DCB is not accepted in Tier-2 international airports. Not sure about the acceptability of PP there.

Some noob questions as this is my first credit card using lounge access :D

Did you check your Diners app for 080?

Which tier II city? Generally since even the concept of lounge privilege has gone to free and even incentivised debit cards - the quality, peace and exclusivity has gone. Today, I think we'd struggle to find a person on the street who doesn't get some kind of lounge access. So these lounges have rushed to tie-up with everyone they could - DCB, PP etc. only LoungeKey today has a smaller footprint.

Yeah I understand you're noob... doesn't mean I won't make fun of you. :)

And it seems like Diners has added Aviserve too!

haroldh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Did you check your Diners app for 080?

Which tier II city? Generally since even the concept of lounge privilege has gone to free and even incentivised debit cards - the quality, peace and exclusivity has gone. Today, I think we'd struggle to find a person on the street who doesn't get some kind of lounge access. So these lounges have rushed to tie-up with everyone they could - DCB, PP etc. only LoungeKey today has a smaller footprint.

Yeah I understand you're noob... doesn't mean I won't make fun of you. :)

And it seems like Diners has added Aviserve too!

Diners app showed 080 but the folks at the counter denied entry saying only PP / Amex etc. is accepted. This was 6-7 months back.

Well don't know which city exactly (saw a thread). My only point was, why does Diners App have PP Online account embedded inside the app, did not understand logic behind it..if diners in itself works across lounges.

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Diners app showed 080 but the folks at the counter denied entry saying only PP / Amex etc. is accepted. This was 6-7 months back.

Well don't know which city exactly (saw a thread). My only point was, why does Diners App have PP Online account embedded inside the app, did not understand logic behind it..if diners in itself works across lounges.
FWIW I had a similar rejection on Diners at 080 around September.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
only point was, why does Diners App have PP Online account embedded inside the app, did not understand logic behind it..if diners in itself works across lounges.
This is indeed a puzzle. Why pp inside diners app. I uninstalled the app as what is the use of app just to see lounges. Do you see whether we can book it also through the app?

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I registered on pp from within the Diners Travel app and then using the same credentials logged it on the pp app. It shows unlimited access. I used it in a lounge in Ho Chi Minh City and it worked fine. I was not charged by DCB.
Can you please provide some steps on what to be done in the apps?

haroldh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I registered on pp from within the Diners Travel app and then using the same credentials logged it on the pp app. It shows unlimited access. I used it in a lounge in Ho Chi Minh City and it worked fine. I was not charged by DCB.
How many days has passed since you registered on PP and accessed the lounge? Usually it takes 90 days for charge to reflect

haroldh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Also was just the normal Diners Club card not working in the lounge?