• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Card Payment service of ICICI imobile hidden charges trap

bijandeb

TF Buzz
Dear Community members, I want to share the hidden charges scam by ICICI imobile app. They have credit card service where you can add other bank credit cards and pay bills. To test the facility I made a payment of Rs. 1/- to other bank card using there credit card section in imobile app and they deducted Rs. 6.90/- as service charges for the transaction. This is huge scam. They have not mentioned anywhere that paying other bank credit card bill using there internet banking/imobile will attract so much penalty/charges. I have not checked for ICICI card but last month I paid for ICICI card and there was no charges, but for other bank card they are charging huge amount. SO I want the community please spread the awareness not pay any other bank credit card dues by using ICICI banking site or app. Can anyone verify whether the same happened to them.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I "think" other banks also charge when you make payment of other credit cards though their service (hearsay). That's why cred has become so popular.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Yes CRED is a better alternative. Is there any issues with payment failure with CRED app anyone faced? Kindly share.
I've had 2 times in my whole history payment stuck, they cleared it as soon as I wrote to their CC bot. Usually you should make payment at least 2 days earlier than your final date of payment, so if there is any problem it can be resolved and you won't be fined. If you are fined due to stuck payment cred will not take responsibility in such a case.

akshayhs

TF Ace
Yes CRED is a better alternative. Is there any issues with payment failure with CRED app anyone faced? Kindly share.
Using it for two months only so I can share my experience for those 2 months. I haven't experienced any payment failures. They even settle the card balance within seconds but it's upto the lending bank to credit the same into your card account.

Cierdo

TF Premier
I have been using Cred for the past 2 years with around 50 transactions in total. I have faced a failure in transaction only once, the amount was big so I was a bit scared. Contacted the customer care team and the amount got reversed in 3-4 days, was not a pretty sight to be honest, but customer service restored my faith.
You can go ahead with Cred, I'd totally recommend.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Why you guys don't use Aamzon for paying credit card bills??
It's one of the safest, easiest & fastest methods I have ever seen.

akshayhs

TF Ace
I am trying to terminate my Paytm account permanently but those idiots never process it. They collect everything in the automated chat system including my ID proof and then nothing happens at all.

Any pointers on how to get this done quickly?

AllSeeker

TF Ace
See youtube, there were videos of their founder actually bragging bout how great they were and insulting their users.
Not sure if those videos r still up or removed but they were there especially after their parties post demonetization
That is common theme with most founders/social media personalities, it's just that we the users often think staged events and interviews are their real personality.

akshayhs

TF Ace
Same for me. I was able to close previously but they are not closing for me this time. You could check their NBFC partner, there was a thread uploaded here.
I have not availed any credit services from them at all. I just want to terminate my account permanently. I am not interested in using it and I rarely used it when I was in college.