• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Card CIBIL Reporting Date

paresh22

TF Ace
Axis bank bill generated on 16th? I said to change the bill generation date to 16 but they said they can't change to 16th
I remembered this page which says what is billing date for various axis cards

James

TF Ace
I remembered this page which says what is billing date for various axis cards
The problem was I thought to keep the same bill generation date for all of my cards but I can't set same bill date because of this issue. All banks are allowing a few dates to set it

P B R G

TF Ace
In the first post RBL is mentioned as month end whereas many users have commented it's bill generation date. Can someone confirm what's the exact reporting date to CIBIL?

Just got a new RBL card today, so need to update on my own sheet.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
I got my IDFC FIRST Bank's Classic credit card in the first week of September. They still haven't reported it in the CIBIL. (I have a Premium subscription of CIBIL, and I refresh my report every day. 💀)
So finally the IDFC FIRST Bank CC is now reflecting in my CIBIL today. Took them 2.5 months to do so. 🙄

Quantum

TF Premier
So finally the IDFC FIRST Bank CC is now reflecting in my CIBIL today. Took them 2.5 months to do so. 🙄
Badhai ho!

A few questions:
1) What is the bill generation date of your IDFC CC?
2) Since you have a Premium subscription of CIBIL, did you happen to receive any message from CIBIL on your phone number as "a new lender has reported blah blah" ?
Or the card appeared in the latest CIBIL report out of the blue?

I got my card on 26 Sep, bill generation date is 17th of the month. Not sure when it will start to reflect in my CIBIL report. I have a Premium subscription of CIBIL too but the latest report doesn't have any info about the new CC.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
1) What is the bill generation date of your IDFC CC?
It's 19th of every month.

2) Since you have a Premium subscription of CIBIL, did you happen to receive any message from CIBIL on your phone number as "a new lender has reported blah blah" ?
Or the card appeared in the latest CIBIL report out of the blue?
Yes, I received both SMS as well as email today from CIBIL about a new addition. The SMS was from TX-CIBILP and its content is as follows:
"A new loan account has been seen in your CIBIL Report. To know more: https://myscore.cibil.com/CreditView/login.page?enterprise=CIBIL"

It's also being shown in the "Alerts" page in my CIBIL portal.

But, regardless, what's weird is, two days ago when I refreshed my CIBIL report, even though there were no changes, my CIBIL Score dropped from 757 to 755. I knew something must have been added, but it wasn't visible there.

Even yesterday, there were no changes in the report except the score was still 755. But, today, after I received the alert, I refreshed the report, and the new IDFC CC was being reflected there. And, yes, the score is still 755.

And, by the way, I got my IDFC FIRST CC just 10 days earlier than you. So, for you, it would reflect either on this month or the next.

I would suggest you to check your Experian score on their official website. If the Experian Report shows your new IDFC CC, then it would be added after a few days on your CIBIL, too. That's what happened in my case.

Quantum

TF Premier
It's 19th of every month.

Yes, I received both SMS as well as email today from CIBIL about a new addition. The SMS was from TX-CIBILP and its content is as follows:
"A new loan account has been seen in your CIBIL Report. To know more: https://myscore.cibil.com/CreditView/login.page?enterprise=CIBIL"

It's also being shown in the "Alerts" page in my CIBIL portal.

But, regardless, what's weird is, two days ago when I refreshed my CIBIL report, even though there were no changes, my CIBIL Score dropped from 757 to 755. I knew something must have been added, but it wasn't visible there.

Even yesterday, there were no changes in the report except the score was still 755. But, today, after I received the alert, I refreshed the report, and the new IDFC CC was being reflected there. And, yes, the score is still 755.

And, by the way, I got my IDFC FIRST CC just 10 days earlier than you. So, for you, it would reflect either on this month or the next.

I would suggest you to check your Experian score on their official website. If the Experian Report shows your new IDFC CC, then it would be added after a few days on your CIBIL, too. That's what happened in my case.
Thanks for the detailed response, appreciate it!

For me two statements have been generated yet i.e. 17 Oct, 17 Nov. 3rd will be on 17 Dec.
How many statements for you?
I'm just thinking whether IDFC reports a new CC to CIBIL only after 3 statements are generated.

And 5 days back, I checked both Experian and Equifax. Both are showing the new CC.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Thanks for the detailed response, appreciate it!

For me two statements have been generated yet i.e. 17 Oct, 17 Nov. 3rd will be on 17 Dec.
How many statements for you?
Starting from 19th September, it has been three already.

And 5 days I checked both Experian and Equifax. Both are showing the new CC.
Then wait for a few days, it should be reflected in your CIBIL too. They usually report to credit bureaus together.

Quantum

TF Premier
They usually report to credit bureaus together.
I hope this stands true, otherwise if we go by the logic of 3 statements generation before reporting to CIBIL, then for me it would happen after 17 Dec, and that would mean end of December. So probably first week of January is when the CIBIL report would reflect it.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
I hope this stands true, otherwise if we go by the logic of 3 statements generation before reporting to CIBIL, then for me it would happen after 17 Dec, and that would mean end of December. So probably first week of January is when the CIBIL report would reflect it.
As long as your PAN is correctly reported to IDFC FIRST Bank and your CIBIL Report has your correct PAN too, then don't worry — it would be reflected in your CIBIL report eventually. 😉

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Btw, in IDFC, one can request for credit card limit increase once 3 statements are generated.
I'm not sure if they would do it, as it has been barely 3 months since you got the card. As per the posts here, IDFC isn't lenient for increasing credit limits.

Also, their cards aren't great; there aren't many merchant offers throughout the year, and the reward points aren't very rewarding either.

BTW, which IDFC CC do you have? And what's the credit limit?

Quantum

TF Premier
I'm not sure if they would do it, as it has been barely 3 months since you got the card. As per the posts here, IDFC isn't lenient for increasing credit limits.
I mean 3 statements is the base criteria to even make a request for consideration.
Whether they do it or not, that's a different thing.
I actually sent an email to them asking for it, then they mentioned this condition via an email.
Also, their cards aren't great; there aren't many merchant offers throughout the year, and the reward points aren't very rewarding either.

BTW, which IDFC CC do you have? And what's the credit limit?
The great Millennia CC :LOL: 1L or something.
I had zero knowledge about their credit card provisioning ways and all. I wasn't there on this forum too so wasn't knowing all the stuffs that I should have known.
I started the application process on 8 Sep, and went ahead with it. I didn't notice the Millennia CC.
I got a call from them that you are being offered Millennia CC, I told them I don't want, please cancel the application.
Then they misled me by saying that please complete the process, including vKYC, and verification, and then the team would decide based on your income, etc.
I completed the verification process and the same evening I got an email that your Millennia CC would be delivered to you. I was like WTF!

I joined this forum on Sep 20, and then got to know that CC process and offerings in IDFC is completely online process with little to no manual intervention.

Quantum

TF Premier
As long as your PAN is correctly reported to IDFC FIRST Bank and your CIBIL Report has your correct PAN too, then don't worry — it would be reflected in your CIBIL report eventually. 😉
Just got a message from CIBIL about some new address update in CIBIL report.
Refreshed the report and the new report has the entry for this CC from better-late-than-never bank.

So, this also means that as I was assuming whether IDFC waits for 3 statements before reporting to CICs, does not stand correct. There's no such pattern they follow. But, yeah, it's pretty late reporting to be honest.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Just got a message from CIBIL about some new address update in CIBIL report.
Refreshed the report and the new report has the entry for this CC from better-late-than-never bank.

So, this also means that as I was assuming whether IDFC waits for 3 statements before reporting to CICs, does not stand correct. There's no such pattern they follow. But, yeah, it's pretty late reporting to be honest.
I just refreshed my CIBIL Report today, and guess what? The score has increased from 755 (Which was decreased from 757 two days ago after its addition) to 759 today! Really weird how it's fluctuating.

Moreover, I noticed that the "Date Reported and Certified" for the new IDFC CC is 31/10/2023. Yep, from October! The November data is not included there even though it has been way past due date from the last billing date.

Quantum

TF Premier
I just refreshed my CIBIL Report today, and guess what? The score has increased from 755 (Which was decreased from 757 two days ago after its addition) to 759 today! Really weird how it's fluctuating.
The score might increase if you have had less credit cards till now and your credit history is lengthy such as 5+ years or so.
It increased for me too yesterday. I have had only 3-4 credit cards till now in my credit history of 10+ years.
The current score is 786.
And it would keep increasing for you too if you keep paying total due amount way before the last due date.

Moreover, I noticed that the "Date Reported and Certified" for the new IDFC CC is 31/10/2023. Yep, from October! The November data is not included there even though it has been way past due date from the last billing date.
Guess what, we both got in September, and for me "Date Reported and Certified" is 30/09/2023 i.e. from Sep. Oct and Nov data is not included.
So instead of waiting for these banks to timely report and update, better to monitor the score and any new entry in enquiries while making all the payments before time.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
The score might increase if you have had less credit cards till now and your credit history is lengthy such as 5+ years or so.
It increased for me too yesterday. I have had only 3-4 credit cards till now in my credit history of 10+ years.
Wow. 10 years?!

Mine is just 3 years old lol, and until this August, it constituted of only two BNPL accounts (Two entries of Amazon Pay Later from Axio, and one of Flipkart Pay Later from IDFC FIRST Bank, and both were opened in the same month). But I barely used them though.

I got my first credit card just 3 months ago — the legendary Amazon Pay one, followed by the Tata Neu Infinity one (LTF) in the same week. LOL. And I immediately closed both those BNPL accounts, which eventually increased my CIBIL Score by 7 points.

EDIT: This IDFC First Classic CC is my third card. I got an ICICI Platinum credit card recently, which would create another entry in CIBIL Report, as it has a separate account number from my Amazon Pay one. So, in total, I have just 4 cards.