• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cred Transaction Failed, but the Amount was Debited from my account and not refunded yet. (IndusInd Bank - Cred) Kindly Help me with it.

DRSYEDIRFAN

TF Buzz
Hi Guyz, I have a problem related to Cred Transaction Failed, but the Amount was Debited from my account and not refunded yet.

IndusInd Bank, Says my transaction was successful (amount Debited), but Cred says the Transaction was unsuccessful(not credited) and they said if it was deducted it will be refunded back to the Debited account within 5-7 working days. Rs.50000 the transaction was on 11th Dec 2022. and I haven't my money back. even though I have raised a complaint through IndusInd they have said, they have raised a chargeback, and it will take 30 days time to a response from Cred's Bank. can't wait that long. kindly help me with this where to complain and what to do. TIA

desaik231

TF Select
VIP Lounge
in such one in a while cases you need to give some time. if they still dont respond you can escalated to RBI Ombudsman portal. they will escalated this case quickly. same screenshot of bank denying you can share to Cred escalation

DRSYEDIRFAN

TF Buzz
May I know how many days, still i should wait? also the bank is not responding to my emails.
these are the conversation with Customer Care Officers through telephone calls, and they are updating updates through my service request No.
how many days later I should complain to RBI Ombudsman Portal. ? TIA

gurbina

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Not sure what kind of help you're looking for here but this is a very spammy post.

First, when you pay via CRED you agree to their ToS, you'll need to deal with them and wait until the timeline for refund has passed. They usually take 3-5 days to refund failed transactions and sometimes up to a week (happened to me while paying Axis CC).
You can only raise a new complaint on CRED after a few days if the transaction has not been refunded but I don't think you can do so immediately, and even if you use other ways (complain about older transaction) and then explain it, the CSR will just ask you to wait.

You can't file a chargeback this soon as it will probably be denied and you might be charged a fee.

Refer to Visa/Mastercard chargeback guidelines for timeliness, actions and others. You'll need to submit the chargeback claim to your bank and they'll submit to Visa/MasterCard for review.

If you don't have a backup plan for your payments or pay early to have room when such shenanigans happen don't use third party apps.

Last edited:

DRSYEDIRFAN

TF Buzz
Yeah, the transaction was on 11th Dec, my bank told me they have already raised a chargeback on 15th Dec,
1671524542578.png

as per Cred, they told 5-7days it's already been already today is the 10th day, and even if they consider it as a working day, yesterday 19th was the last date.
1671524593998.png

now even after sending my IndusInd Bank statement they are asking for my Credit Card statement for which i tried to pay.
but when the transaction was failed how can they expect to get it credited ?. i dint get it .
also later i paid that amount for the Credit card through different channel.

also my statement yet to generate for that Credit Card . so i cant sent that either.

now kindly guide me, for the next step and what to do .

gurbina

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yeah, the transaction was on 11th Dec, my bank told me they have already raised a chargeback on 15th Dec,
1671524542578.png

as per Cred, they told 5-7days it's already been already today is the 10th day, and even if they consider it as a working day, yesterday 19th was the last date.
1671524593998.png

now even after sending my IndusInd Bank statement they are asking for my Credit Card statement for which i tried to pay.
but when the transaction was failed how can they expect to get it credited ?. i dint get it .
also later i paid that amount for the Credit card through different channel.

also my statement yet to generate for that Credit Card . so i cant sent that either.

now kindly guide me, for the next step and what to do .
5-7 working days. By now it's 6 working days.

What they want is a statement of your source of payment for the transaction where they can see if the amount was debited and never refunded.

Not much anyone else can do for you, CRED is fairly fast in responding to issues even without a positive outcome but you'll get fast answers from them.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Hi Guyz, I have a problem related to Cred Transaction Failed, but the Amount was Debited from my account and not refunded yet.

IndusInd Bank, Says my transaction was successful (amount Debited), but Cred says the Transaction was unsuccessful(not credited) and they said if it was deducted it will be refunded back to the Debited account within 5-7 working days. Rs.50000 the transaction was on 11th Dec 2022. and I haven't my money back. even though I have raised a complaint through IndusInd they have said, they have raised a chargeback, and it will take 30 days time to a response from Cred's Bank. can't wait that long. kindly help me with this where to complain and what to do. TIA
i would have asked you to wait but since the amount is large, you better raise a complaint on rbi ombudsman portal. hardly takes 15 minutes.
if the bank/cred resolves the issue, you can close the complaint.
i think there is no need to worry as the bank has accepted the chargeback request over email.

Digvijay

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

It can vary from platform to platform. Last month I experienced such failed transaction with amount debited message for MobiQwik. They took 10 working days to complete the refund process and the same failed transaction was updated after 10 days. Meanwhile, you can share the screenshot of failed transaction with customer support team for reference. If it's urgent can raise ticket by directly calling.

gurbina

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
i would have asked you to wait but since the amount is large, you better raise a complaint on rbi ombudsman portal. hardly takes 15 minutes.
i think there is no need to worry as the bank has accepted the chargeback request over email.
Just to clarify, accepting the chargeback request doesn't mean the claim is approved. These are sent to Visa/MC for investigation.

All chargeback forms read similarly:
I declare that above given information is true and correct to my knowledge. I understand that I can be held liable for all charges incurred if dispute raised by me is found invalid. I agree to pay the charges levied by the bank for the same including the cost incurred for investigation of my claim. The Bank may contact me whenever it requires any further information.
In case of denial for wrongful dispute the fee will be charged against the cardholder. Now this isn't usually charged unless there's evidence of wrongdoing.

Also bear in mind that a chargeback can get you banned from the merchant services.
Google, Sony, Microsoft, Amazon and others will nearly all the time end up banning/suspending accounts whenever there's a chargeback or sending your merchant account into negative balances.

Last edited:

DRSYEDIRFAN

TF Buzz
5-7 working days. By now it's 6 working days.

What they want is a statement of your source of payment for the transaction where they can see if the amount was debited and never refunded.

Not much anyone else can do for you, CRED is fairly fast in responding to issues even without a positive outcome but you'll get fast answers from them.

. alright, will wait for the time being.

It can vary from platform to platform. Last month I experienced such failed transaction with amount debited message for MobiQwik. They took 10 working days to complete the refund process and the same failed transaction was updated after 10 days. Meanwhile, you can share the screenshot of failed transaction with customer support team for reference. If it's urgent can raise ticket by directly calling.
yeah, mine the status of the failed transaction was on the payment page itself. have sent them. for that, I got that email as a response from their team.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Induslnd Bank customer support 807 456 1981 Hi Guyz, I have a problem related to Cred Transaction Failed, but the Amount was Debited from my account and not refunded yet.

It may not have been a good idea to raise a chargeback; this could potentially complicate the refund process further. Since I'm not an expert in this, I'll tag someone, @VISHESH_BANSAL.

Satish

TF Premier
Induslnd Bank customer support 807 456 1981 Hi Guyz, I have a problem related to Cred Transaction Failed, but the Amount was Debited from my account and not refunded yet.

Haven't you received money since last year 11th Dec 2022?

DRSYEDIRFAN

TF Buzz
Hi

I think you just copy pasted my message content and forget to change the content as per your query, Kindly edit or explain your query clearly.! so that we can able to guide you(relatively)

I had a similar experience with CRED and ended up losing my credit score. Better to avoid such third-party apps for credit card payments and pay directly from the Card app. If you want to use third party app then you can use paytm or payzapp for better services.

PRASHANTTHAKUR

TF Premier
I had a similar experience with CRED and ended up losing my credit score. Better to avoid such third-party apps for credit card payments and pay directly from the Card app. If you want to use third party app then you can use paytm or payzapp for better services.
Payzapp also useless
No proper support, they just have a ticket system which always respond with useless copy paste responses.