• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Car rental Loyality points

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

Do you know any loyality program for rental car that I can book using Credit car/Hotel/Airline program?
I know I can earn FFP points using Avis. But I am not finidng any program from which I can transfer to AVIS/Hertz/Enterprise or the likes.

I am planning a trip to NZ next year and booked flights and hotels all using Credit card points. I wish I can book car rental as well. The rentals are very expensise.

I have checked Krisflyer and it is showing about 16 to 20k miles per day which is not reasonable.

regards,
Siddarth

Last edited:

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Have you checked Accor? You will get 0.9p value per point.

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Have you checked Accor? You will get 0.9p value per point.
I can book only Eurocar using Accor points. And Eurocar does not offer service in New Zealand.

I can get Accor points for using Hertz and Avis. But cannot redeem Accor points on them

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can book through Accor(Europcar) for NZ. But their prices are 2x compared to what you'd get through Kayak.
NewZeleand does not show up when I choose Eurocar from Accor site.
I looked at prices directly in Eurocar and Kayak, the prices are comparable.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-22 174508.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-22 174508.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 5

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
NewZeleand does not show up when I choose Eurocar from Accor site.
I looked at prices directly in Eurocar and Kayak, the prices are comparable.
1698039969963.png
Oh. Looks like it's unavailable to redeem using points outside of the Europe region. I am able to select many NZ cities to make the booking through Accor though. You can also book through Hertz(and earn points), but you cannot redeem your points with them.

1698040032327.png
Options on kayak are cheaper by a huge margin. I don't know how you're finding it to be comparable.

Last edited:

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Kia Sorento is premium car.
I checked the Eurocar website directly. Cost of Swift or like is about 5k per day.
Kayak was probably Rs 500 lesser.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-23 084404.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-23 084404.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 6

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Kia Sorento is premium car.
I checked the Eurocar website directly. Cost of Swift or like is about 5k per day.
Kayak was probably Rs 500 lesser.
Kia Sorento was the cheapest option available while booking through Accor(Europcar) for the dates I saw. I think they have marked up the price for bookings through Accor.
Anyways, do share your experience later on. I'm planning to do a roadtrip across north and south island as well. Although I'm thinking of renting a campervan for the south island.

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Kia Sorento was the cheapest option available while booking through Accor(Europcar) for the dates I saw. I think they have marked up the price for bookings through Accor.
Anyways, do share your experience later on. I'm planning to do a roadtrip across north and south island as well. Although I'm thinking of renting a campervan for the south island.
Campervan!! awesome. I cant think of that with a 3yrs. old.
I can share details after my trip in March 2024 :p
We are planning 4 days in north and 8 days in south islands.

I get a discount on Avis and Enterprises from my company. I will compare and book. I also have some loyality points in Avis. Let me see.