• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Fuel Loyalty Programs

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
Hi TechnoFinians! I had recently shared an article on TechnoFino website on fuel loyalty programs. Is there anyone who is using these programs in any other way?

I tried using HP-Pay app but due its loading charges on Credit Cards all the benefits just fade away. It charges 1% on loading via CC and then gives 4 Payback points 😂

Sub

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi TechnoFinians! I had recently shared an article on TechnoFino website on fuel loyalty programs. Is there anyone who is using these programs in any other way?

I tried using HP-Pay app but due its loading charges on Credit Cards all the benefits just fade away. It charges 1% on loading via CC and then gives 4 Payback points 😂

IOC xtrarewards using paytm. Load up paytm wallet. Pay at pump seamlessly. Get both cashback and points from IOC which can be converted to cashback at periodic intervals once you've accumulated. End up getting points for loading paytm (assuming your card allows that), no surcharge, and additional cashback. Makes up for paytm wallet charges.

Sub

TF Select
VIP Lounge
My HDFC business moneyback charges 2.65% for Paytm wallet reloads, assuming that, it it profitable doing this?
I use the points for transferring out to miles. Still fair bit of value, plus the additional cashback from paytm/ioc helps a bit.

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
Okay ... I currently use my CC to pay for petrol, HDFC business moneyback. No fuel surcharges (they are usually reversed, even the GST). Hence I was wondering of better ways. I get good points for my fuel transactions.

If anyone here can give calculation of reloading Paytm wallet with CC (2.65% charges) and then using IOCL rewards, it would be great. I currently do have many IOCL points but not 100% sure of how they work.
You will get 0.8% moneyback cashback plus iocl
0.4% reward. You will end up in loss. Better get a fuel card if you have considerable fuel spends.

Mayurk

TF Buzz

are you sure about the Wallet reload method using BPCL OCTANE.??

Coz the transaction would be wallet reload, it won't be giving 25x points, since petrol pump transaction not mentioned.

correct me if I'm missing anything. 😅

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
are you sure about the Wallet reload method using BPCL OCTANE.??

Coz the transaction would be wallet reload, it won't be giving 25x points, since petrol pump transaction not mentioned.

correct me if I'm missing anything. 😅
No its counted as BPCL fuel spends only.

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
If you have HPCL super saver card from ICICI, then there wont any charges. Basically 1% charge will be reversed, so nil charges for loading in to HP Pay app. Also you will get 4% additional cashback upto 200rs. + payback points as well.
Thanks for the info. Are you using it? How many Payback points you get in this?

hariselio

TF Premier
Thanks for the info. Are you using it? How many Payback points you get in this?
I'm not sure of the exact payback calculation. Usually i load 3000 in HP Pay(at a time) and i get 90 points immediately, then and after few hours, another 60 points added. On top this, during purchase of the fuel another 30 points. So basically for 3000 purchase of fuel, total 180 points are credited.

And my average use per month is around 7000-8000rs.

Apart from this, 1% surcharge reversed + Rs.200 cashback every month. I started using from January this year, so got total cashback 800 as of now. Once i redeemed 1709 payback points for 400rs worth fuel.

They also give complimentary RSA for one vehicle :). Seriously this is a very good card for 500rs annual charges, Only one drawback is, only HP petrol station :(. Luckily at least two stations near my home, so this was fine for me.

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
I'm not sure of the exact payback calculation. Usually i load 3000 in HP Pay(at a time) and i get 90 points immediately, then and after few hours, another 60 points added. On top this, during purchase of the fuel another 30 points. So basically for 3000 purchase of fuel, total 180 points are credited.

And my average use per month is around 7000-8000rs.

Apart from this, 1% surcharge reversed + Rs.200 cashback every month. I started using from January this year, so got total cashback 800 as of now. Once i redeemed 1709 payback points for 400rs worth fuel.

They also give complimentary RSA for one vehicle :). Seriously this is a very good card for 500rs annual charges, Only one drawback is, only HP petrol station :(. Luckily at least two stations near my home, so this was fine for me.
Are you not losing on the 1% charges applicable on loading HP Pay Wallet using credit cards? Is the 1% surcharge reversal done for this only? Or are you charged 1% surcharge plus 1% wallet load charges and only 1% reversed?

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

BPCL is better then

hariselio

TF Premier
Are you not losing on the 1% charges applicable on loading HP Pay Wallet using credit cards? Is the 1% surcharge reversal done for this only? Or are you charged 1% surcharge plus 1% wallet load charges and only 1% reversed?
Only one 1% surcharge and that's reversed. There's no other additional charges.

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 10.17.01 PM.png

Last edited: