• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cancer Insurance Cover As Pre Existing Disease

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HI....My 20 year old son was diagnosed with cancer a year back. he's undergone chemotherapy and radiation successfully and is now in complete remission.
He was covered for a small amount (3L) as the thought didn't EVER come that such a young person could get a serious disease.
While the 3L insurance covered a small part of the treatment expenses, it clearly is not enough.

I am now looking for any company that would give cover for cancer as a pre existing disease, even after a waiting period of 3, 4, 5, whatever years.
The only company that i have managed to find is Star. They do have a policy for this but the terms are quite confusing.

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

manju

TF Buzz
Generally companies are very sceptical while dealing with pre-existing diseases let alone serious diseases. So rejection is common. Can you mention what is confusing about Star insurance.

1. Talk to Ditto, Beshak. Get an expert to talk to.

2. You can also look at Super Top up policy if its easier to get than base policy.

3. Try approaching all companies, private, govt, startups like Even, Vital, Kenko.

4. Talk to your employer. There are corporate health insurance startups like Plum, etc who can provide more coverage given pre-existing diseases are covered in Corporate policies.

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
HI....My 20 year old son was diagnosed with cancer a year back. he's undergone chemotherapy and radiation successfully and is now in complete remission.
He was covered for a small amount (3L) as the thought didn't EVER come that such a young person could get a serious disease.
While the 3L insurance covered a small part of the treatment expenses, it clearly is not enough.

I am now looking for any company that would give cover for cancer as a pre existing disease, even after a waiting period of 3, 4, 5, whatever years.
The only company that i have managed to find is Star. They do have a policy for this but the terms are quite confusing.

Any guidance would be most appreciated.
Hi sir. Kindly DM me on Twitter. I can help you with the number of highly knowledgeable agent who will guide you with the best policy if there is any. He would advise you the best plan without any greed of commission.

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi sir. Kindly DM me on Twitter. I can help you with the number of highly knowledgeable agent who will guide you with the best policy if there is any. He would advise you the best plan without any greed of commission.
Thank you so much. Will do asap. Much appreciated.

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Generally companies are very sceptical while dealing with pre-existing diseases let alone serious diseases. So rejection is common. Can you mention what is confusing about Star insurance.

1. Talk to Ditto, Beshak. Get an expert to talk to.

2. You can also look at Super Top up policy if its easier to get than base policy.

3. Try approaching all companies, private, govt, startups like Even, Vital, Kenko.

4. Talk to your employer. There are corporate health insurance startups like Plum, etc who can provide more coverage given pre-existing diseases are covered in Corporate policies.
Thanks. Much appreciated.