• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Canara Bank CC application rejected

Dexter384

TF Buzz
Little about myself,
Cibil 772, Apau 80k no income proof , Axis Fk 45k no income proof, Onecard FD 4k, HDFC 18k based on Salary account.

After graduation, recently joined a organisation with an 25-30k in hand , HDFC Salary account.

I am having Canara SB account past 4 years, and thought of applying for Rupay CC,

July 4, Applied online just basic info
July 26, went to branch, met with BM, said it has very low chance of approval because I don't hold payroll account with them, persuaded me to make Canara as my salary account. I managed to deny, still he helped to process application and was asked for 3 months payslips, passbook, pan and adhaar copy.
Aug 3, got a call from branch, asking for bank statement of salary account to verify salary credit, submitted the same.
Aug 8, New application number generated with status received application.

Tried multiple times to know the status of the application and only reply was to get in touch with bank.

Aug 28, Today visited branch, was told my application has been rejected, reason was I don't hold salary aka payroll account with them.

Canara Bank Credit Card Policy 2023-24 documents has no such clause to back the rejection reason, any way have mailed them asking for rejection. Will keep you posted

any such or similar experience with Canara Bank.

chenrichy

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Little about myself,
Cibil 772, Apau 80k no income proof , Axis Fk 45k no income proof, Onecard FD 4k, HDFC 18k based on Salary account.

After graduation, recently joined a organisation with an 25-30k in hand , HDFC Salary account.

I am having Canara SB account past 4 years, and thought of applying for Rupay CC,

July 4, Applied online just basic info
July 26, went to branch, met with BM, said it has very low chance of approval because I don't hold payroll account with them, persuaded me to make Canara as my salary account. I managed to deny, still he helped to process application and was asked for 3 months payslips, passbook, pan and adhaar copy.
Aug 3, got a call from branch, asking for bank statement of salary account to verify salary credit, submitted the same.
Aug 8, New application number generated with status received application.

Tried multiple times to know the status of the application and only reply was to get in touch with bank.

Aug 28, Today visited branch, was told my application has been rejected, reason was I don't hold salary aka payroll account with them.

Canara Bank Credit Card Policy 2023-24 documents has no such clause to back the rejection reason, any way have mailed them asking for rejection. Will keep you posted

any such or similar experience with Canara Bank.
If they provide the reject reason via mail then ask for reconsideration stated there is no t&c regarding the same in Canara CC application. Else final call with RBI

LordVoldemort

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You should push through cpgrs and it normally works.. I hold two ltf cards with them.. One is rupay 1.5L and visa 50k..
Their support through CPGRS is like mini ombudsman

anonymuos

TF Ace
Btw Canara bank CC is spend-based, never LTF, and without offers, little reason to justify the spends on it when more rewarding CCs exist. Just my two cents.

anonymuos

TF Ace
Nope, that is an ltf card and you get charged only when you dont use it. Some no usage fee per year..
My visa has lower tens usage, Never charged any fee..
Card inactivity fee = spends-based = conditional LTF (if you don't spend at least amount mentioned annually, charges will apply): https://canarabank.com/User_page.aspx?othlink=429#:~:text=NIL-,Card Inactivity Fee,-Canara Card Visa Just like HDFC's very common fake "LTF" which is different from "unconditional LTF".

LordVoldemort

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Card inactivity fee = spends-based = conditional LTF (if you don't spend at least amount mentioned annually, charges will apply): https://canarabank.com/User_page.aspx?othlink=429#:~:text=NIL-,Card Inactivity Fee,-Canara Card Visa Just like HDFC's very common fake "LTF" which is different from "unconditional LTF".
Yeah, Got it. I was also confused on how i was not charged even after my low usage did not meet their criteria.
It all depends on the discretion of SA, In my case - The cards are indeed LTF owing to my relationship. So, Yes canara cards can indeed be ltf.

anonymuos

TF Ace
Yeah, Got it. I was also confused on how i was not charged even after my low usage did not meet their criteria.
It all depends on the discretion of SA, In my case - The cards are indeed LTF owing to my relationship. So, Yes canara cards can indeed be ltf.
I see! Good to know from your actual hands-on usage of the cards. Then I may also apply. I wonder if they consider FDs in NRV/TRV with the bank. I got a call from them saying I was valuable customer and eligible so I should apply, I'd get it easily. But the card inactivity fee scared me off.

Dexter384

TF Buzz
ATM withdrawal charges are too low, 3% of amount withdrawn and I believe there's no additional convience fee levied on Rent and wallet reloads. So tried applying yet it was rejected and cpgrs had no help

purushotham

TF Select
Are these cards LTF or inactivity fees is there
screenshot_2023-09-12-15-35-27-11_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd-jpg.29220

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-12-15-35-27-11_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-12-15-35-27-11_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 318
  • Screenshot_2023-09-12-15-35-18-06_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-12-15-35-18-06_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 22

ravi0101

TF Select
Canara bank declined my credit card application...

Reason is CRIF credit score 612

cibil 765 aur Experian score 742

Form 16 bhi diya tha sath mein but CRIF ki wajah se reject kr di application...

suggest me how to improve CRIF score ..

utilisation ratio 28%

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
What benefits were you looking for with the Canara card?

If you're looking for a Rupay card, HDFC Tata Neu is much better with discounts and cashback.

If you're looking to expand your portfolio and maximise air miles and hotel points, there are even better cards out there in the market.

Skip these slow-moving silly banks and deal with the ones which will make you feel your time is worth it! :)

ravi0101

TF Select
What benefits were you looking for with the Canara card?

If you're looking for a Rupay card, HDFC Tata Neu is much better with discounts and cashback.

If you're looking to expand your portfolio and maximise air miles and hotel points, there are even better cards out there in the market.

Skip these slow-moving silly banks and deal with the ones which will make you feel your time is worth it! :)
Hdfc 2nd credit card reject kr rha hai baar baar... Hdfc Millennia credit card hai bs ... Tata neu multiple times apply kr chuka lekin deny kr rha hai ...

Reason puchha toh internal policy bta dete hai ...

Sahilhenzy

TF Ace
Canara bank declined my credit card application...

Reason is CRIF credit score 612

cibil 765 aur Experian score 742

Form 16 bhi diya tha sath mein but CRIF ki wajah se reject kr di application...

suggest me how to improve CRIF score ..

utilisation ratio 28%

CRIF has always low score. It won't cross 700 it will remain under 700. Here I am in the same track..