• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Booked Excursion with Travel Edge -My Experience

raji

TF Buzz
Recently I travelled to Europe. Booked a few experiences with the Travel edge website. This includes Airport Transfer & Day tours.
Here I summarise PROS & CONS of booking experiences via travel edge.

PROS
1) 5X reward points.
2) Cheaper than Viator: While booking experiences on the final Page there is further discount of 10-20% of Printed rates. Hence we are able to get further discounts .
3) Save TCS & FCY : Since Amount paid is INR even for foreign tours , We save on foreign exchange Mark up fees as also protected from TCS Clause / LRS in comparison to.. if we spend the same money in Foreign currency at other websites.
4) We get confirmation immediately on e-mail as well as on mobile applications.

CONS

1) We are provided with only ph no of Service Provider , no e mail of service provider given. In voucher we are given ph no & e mail of Vernost Marketing Services Pvt Ltd. who appear to be intermediaries for tour bookings. Out of 5 experiences booked by me , one was cancelled by the service provider but no intimation was sent to me by Travel Edge. I came to know only at the start of the tour when I was informed that no tour was booked for me. It came as a shock to me as the entire full day was wasted for me. I contacted Ph no & e-mail of Vernost Marketing & was shocked to learn that Phone no ... No services . Sent email to Vernost Marketing .. till now ( after 10 days) , no response on email. Finally called up Travel Edge India Ph no who after making me wait for 10 minutes confirmed that said day tour cancelled as guide down with fever, told me that refund shall be made to me.

2) Since It is prepaid, Money is debited at time of booking.

Conclusion : Since there are lots of advantages, it makes sense to book experience using a travel edge . However it's better if one confirms with the service provider the day before the start of the tour/transfer. For Travel Edge it's better if in place of giving contact details of Vernost Marketing Pvt Ltd ( which never responds), they give an email of the service provider in the voucher.

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Recently I travelled to Europe. Booked a few experiences with the Travel edge website. This includes Airport Transfer & Day tours.
Here I summarise PROS & CONS of booking experiences via travel edge.

PROS
1) 5X reward points.
2) Cheaper than Viator: While booking experiences on the final Page there is further discount of 10-20% of Printed rates. Hence we are able to get further discounts .
3) Save TCS & FCY : Since Amount paid is INR even for foreign tours , We save on foreign exchange Mark up fees as also protected from TCS Clause / LRS in comparison to.. if we spend the same money in Foreign currency at other websites.
4) We get confirmation immediately on e-mail as well as on mobile applications.

CONS

1) We are provided with only ph no of Service Provider , no e mail of service provider given. In voucher we are given ph no & e mail of Vernost Marketing Services Pvt Ltd. who appear to be intermediaries for tour bookings. Out of 5 experiences booked by me , one was cancelled by the service provider but no intimation was sent to me by Travel Edge. I came to know only at the start of the tour when I was informed that no tour was booked for me. It came as a shock to me as the entire full day was wasted for me. I contacted Ph no & e-mail of Vernost Marketing & was shocked to learn that Phone no ... No services . Sent email to Vernost Marketing .. till now ( after 10 days) , no response on email. Finally called up Travel Edge India Ph no who after making me wait for 10 minutes confirmed that said day tour cancelled as guide down with fever, told me that refund shall be made to me.

2) Since It is prepaid, Money is debited at time of booking.

Conclusion : Since there are lots of advantages, it makes sense to book experience using a travel edge . However it's better if one confirms with the service provider the day before the start of the tour/transfer. For Travel Edge it's better if in place of giving contact details of Vernost Marketing Pvt Ltd ( which never responds), they give an email of the service provider in the voucher.
I booked via viator recently, did not know we could book excursions outside India using this

sharad131

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for sharing. I also used many experiences and airport transfer in my recent vacation to Vietnam. I agree with all points above. The only caution I took was that in description field I always mentioned my cell number and whatsapp number. Additionally I used to contact service provider 2 days in advance which is mentioned on the voucher. 5x points on such things are breeze hence I will continue to book via travel edge