• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best use of 10k Tata Cliq Voucher via Magnus

Vipsssy

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello Friends,

I have opted for 10k Tata Cliq vouher via Magnus welcome benefits. Can you please tell me the best purchase from Tata Cliq possible? How is everybody spending their 10k voucher from Magnus on Tata Cliq? Asking because most the product prices are inflated in comparison to other websites.

Appreciate any guidance on the same! Thanks

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I went to check the T&C: https://www.tatacliq.com/cliq-cash-tnc
This line occurs there: "Gift Cards are not applicable on purchase of bullions."
Does anyone know if that was always the case or is this something new?

Also, that may mean that jewellery (non coins/bars/medals) can be purchased. Has anyone tried? I haven't got my voucher so can't try yet
okay so i tried adding my leftover cliq cash to an order with a random gold jewelry, and there it was accepted! so i think there was a bug at cliq's end wherein it allowed buying coins earlier which they have fixed now!

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It isn't useless, they have an excellent catalog and good customer service/experience.

I wouldn't be surprised of people buying bunch of gift cards to buy gold (not jewelry) and then sell it just to reach the 1L milestone and reap the maximum rewards via GiftEdge while at it.

Banks and their partners notice the bad patterns, probably a fair share of people exploited the program which ultimately spoils it for the genuine users.

Unusual/unexpected amount of people buying gift cards in GiftEdge/GrabDeals/etc ultimately costs the bank and partners money whether that's in cashback or rewards.

Points to people aren't exactly cash (nor easy to profit off) but for the bank it IS hard cash. TnC usually forbids bartering/selling points and all airlines/hotels do the same.

Your points are valid. Unfortunately most of what they sell is of no use to me, or available at a cheaper rate from trusted merchants on Amazon/Flipkart. I was counting on bullion being a way to get the best benefit from an otherwise not so useful voucher. I'll wait for the bright brains at DD to figure out a loophole and then exchange my voucher at a discount. Was hoping to take a hit of at most 15% on the voucher looks like it'll be a bigger hit :(
Now, I'll really have to go through their catalog and see if there is any stuff I need. I literally have no space in my house to store new stuff :)
Hope they have some nice jewellery at least!

satviksehgal

TF Premier
Your points are valid. Unfortunately most of what they sell is of no use to me, or available at a cheaper rate from trusted merchants on Amazon/Flipkart. I was counting on bullion being a way to get the best benefit from an otherwise not so useful voucher. I'll wait for the bright brains at DD to figure out a loophole and then exchange my voucher at a discount. Was hoping to take a hit of at most 15% on the voucher looks like it'll be a bigger hit :(
Now, I'll really have to go through their catalog and see if there is any stuff I need. I literally have no space in my house to store new stuff :)
Hope they have some nice jewellery at least!
What is DD?

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am unable to understand why people are finding Tata Cliq so bad. They might not be on par with Flipkart Amazon Myntra but aren’t so bad. I would say it is rather bad idea to buy gold and sell (net net you might lose 15% in taxes + brand premium + making charges etc etc). I used half of 10k cash 15 days back in their sale to buy casual shirts and some other apparel & accessories for my spouse. I checked the prices it was very much similar to prices at Myntra. I would say just wait for sale season and buy normal apparel accessories or even electronics you would want to buy normally. Tata cliq cash is valid for one year. Why the hurry to use the Tata cliq cash as soon as you get it? We don’t think like that for the reward points we earn with credit cards or hotels or miles we earn with flights.

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am unable to understand why people are finding Tata Cliq so bad. They might not be on par with Flipkart Amazon Myntra but aren’t so bad. I would say it is rather bad idea to buy gold and sell (net net you might lose 15% in taxes + brand premium + making charges etc etc). I used half of 10k cash 15 days back in their sale to buy casual shirts and some other apparel & accessories for my spouse. I checked the prices it was very much similar to prices at Myntra. I would say just wait for sale season and buy normal apparel accessories or even electronics you would want to buy normally. Tata cliq cash is valid for one year. Why the hurry to use the Tata cliq cash as soon as you get it? We don’t think like that for the reward points we earn with credit cards or hotels or miles we earn with flights.
maybe bcz on usual times the rates are quite high plus the shipping charges

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Also while doing payment they will automatically apply from your cliqwallet or you can select it.
Thanks. I checked, it depends on the category you buying. If one is buying apparel footwear (tata cliq categories) we can use cliq cash. But if are buying grocery (bigbasket), electronics (croma) we can’t use cliq cash. Tata Neu is anyways only a market place and it adds from other main apps based on categories.

This is very useful. We can use cliq cash and get further 5% neu coins if buy same tata cliq products via Tata Neu app instead of Tata Cliq.