• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Health Insurance Practically

kshitij_0

TF Ace
Which is a better way to buy insurance? Through third party websites like PolicyBazaar etc or directly through Insurance Company's website? Which third party service would you recommend?

kshitij_0

TF Ace
Please recommend one final name for Insurance. I think Acko is new in the market so we can't trust them in our bad times. The most important thing in this field according to me is that your claim should be settled without any hassles, even if you need to pay a bit extra premium. What's the use of that insurance which takes less premium but doesn't provide proper claim in our bad times!
Your thoughts?

krishc

TF Ace
Please recommend one final name for Insurance. I think Acko is new in the market so we can't trust them in our bad times. The most important thing in this field according to me is that your claim should be settled without any hassles, even if you need to pay a bit extra premium. What's the use of that insurance which takes less premium but doesn't provide proper claim in our bad times!
Your thoughts?
absolutely on point
as for me, I'm going with HDFC ERGO for my parents, one of them being senior citizen
(I really liked the TATA Medicare policy as well, it's really good in terms of features but way too costly if one is senior citizen)
and for my personal insurance, I'm going with acko unlimited cover since it's more for future (in 15-20 years) than in present as I've already got a nice coverage from my employers group insurance
I expect acko to be very good in future over time
and in case they don't, I can always port

anevis

TF Buzz
i had apollo Munich which is bought by HDFC ergo then 2022 i shifted to HDFC optima secure its good didnt pay any money from my pocket except initial hospital registration i ll recommend also check with care insurance they are also coming aggressively take super topup also for seniors and look for dectable of 25 k which may give 20% discount

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Best insurance policies are Nationalised companies like New India, Oriental etc, however the issue is that coveragw amounts are less. Private Policies give higher covers which can be critical in the long run with rising inflation.. Lombard has good products and decent service, ergo has good product and good service, niva bupa has the BEST products but the WORST service.. For parents take who ever is giving you highest cover with lowest pre existing disease waiting period.. Dont look at premium amount.. take whatever you get as it will only help

jade

TF Premier
Max Bupa reassure is one of the best in the business. With unlimited refills for the same illness and different illness, and same premiums year after year if you don’t claim, I find it to be very attractive.

Last edited:

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Max Bupa reassure is one of the best in the business. With unlimited refills for the same illness and different illness, and same premiums year after year if you don’t claim, I find it to be very attractive.
very good product.. one of the best.. value for. money.. however.. WORST SERVICE.. its a nightmare if you need any help

CD.

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Does this mean HDFC ergo supertop premium will never increase after 61 years ?

Constant premiums from Age 61
With HDFC ERGO's Health Insurance make your old age hassle free and peaceful. Pay constant premiums post 61 years and enjoy the best of health cover with a brand trusted by millions.

Lalit

TF Buzz
I have Even health insurance which covers opd and lab tests also and they provide free online consultations. Let me know if you need referral.

Last edited:

Digvijay

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I wanted to buy a new Health Insurance for me and my parents and didn't buy yet because of confusion and over research. And now one more player "Acko" came with it's Unlimited plan and everything on the table to raise the confusion to another level.
So I though let's discuss with our experts.
Just give me 1 name(if possible) and cover amount so that I can take that without having a second thought. I know it might depend on various factors but still.
Insurance Companies are way harder to judge than credit cards.
I have HDFC Ergo Optima Restore for myself and ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime - Advantage for my parents. (Since both are beyond 65) If parents' age is below 60 then one can have family floater plan. That's what I experienced.

krishc

TF Ace
I have HDFC Ergo Optima Restore for myself and ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime - Advantage for my parents. (Since both are beyond 65) If parents' age is below 60 then one can have family floater plan. That's what I experienced.
can you share links for the Manipal one ?
one my parent is 60+ other below