• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best credit cards for taxes payment (like GST and income tax)?

divyam_taparia

TF Select
With the recent devaluations to axis bank cards i'm in search of a new credit card for tax payments? I want to pay taxes using direct government websites and not gateways like phonepe etc
Also I have no included amex CC in discussion as I don't think they are accepted directly on government portals.

I have come across two which i found to be lucrative.

1. SBI vistara card - 4CV points per 200 spend (2%). Payments processing fee when using income tax website around .91% so effective reward rate of 1% in case ur able to extract 1:1 on miles.
  2. HSBC Premier card- Redeemable at 4 transfer partners in 1:1 reward ratio. I would have gotten this but only catch is there's no branch in my city and you need to have a premier account with them.
  3. Can someone suggest any better cards out there?

With the recent devaluations to axis bank cards i'm in search of a new credit card for tax payments? I want to pay taxes using direct government websites and not gateways like phonepe etc
Also I have no included amex CC in discussion as I don't think they are accepted directly on government portals.

1. SBI vistara card - 4CV points per 200 spend (2%). Payments processing fee when using income tax website around .91% so effective reward rate of 1% in case ur able to extract 1:1 on miles.
  2. HSBC Premier card- Redeemable at 4 transfer partners in 1:1 reward ratio. I would have gotten this but only catch is there's no branch in my city and you need to have a premier account with them.
Imagine paying taxes lol

techt

TF Legend

IDFC wealth cc. 1.5 % cashback till 30k and 2.5% later on. But refrain from using this for business purposes like GST to avoid cc blocking

divyam_taparia

TF Select
IDFC wealth cc. 1.5 % cashback till 30k and 2.5% later on. But refrain from using this for business purposes like GST to avoid cc blocking
I agree with the gst part… i have to pay mostly for income taxes it looks a good option but idk i think they’ll remove it to deny government transactions

techt

TF Legend
What are your thoughts on idfc vistara cards … looks to provide good value too
I am not into travel reward point cards as I am not a frequent traveler. More over many are complaining on the availability of seats in Vistara carrier.

girish3456

TF Premier

Check for IDFC First Wealth credit card. It gives 3 reward points for every 100 rupees spent. However these government spends are not considered for 10x rewards though you pay 30,000 and above.

3 reward points for 100 rupees will be 75 paise for every 100 spent. I personally paid for tax payment last year and again will use it next month. Some thing is better than nothing that's what I feel where maximum banks are excluded all types of government payments from giving the reward points.

Note: No expiry for reward points & it's a LTF card. Also IDFC First Wealth card can also be applied as c2c

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Check for IDFC First Wealth credit card. It gives 3 reward points for every 100 rupees spent. However these government spends are not considered for 10x rewards though you pay 30,000 and above.

3 reward points for 100 rupees will be 75 paise for every 100 spent. I personally paid for tax payment last year and again will use it next month. Some thing is better than nothing that's what I feel where maximum banks are excluded all types of government payments from giving the reward points.

Note: No expiry for reward points & it's a LTF card. Also IDFC First Wealth card can also be applied as c2c
Please check some of the posts by members.

IDFC Wealth does give 10x on Govt payments. It is not excluded. 6X till 30K and 10X post 30K

techt

TF Legend

Nope. Tax payments gave me 10x.

Dad0h0j0

TF Premier
if you own a business account with HDFC bank they can provide you with BIZ CARD.

and their BizBlack Matel card gives 5x rewards for paying taxes. and GST. (but has joining and annual fee of 10k)

they have lower variants cards also which provide rewards and cashbacks for GST And it payment.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-23 124932.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-23 124932.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 21

Dad0h0j0

TF Premier
if you own a business account with HDFC bank they can provide you with BIZ CARD.

and their BizBlack Matel card gives 5x rewards for paying taxes. and GST. (but has joining and annual fee of 10k)

they have lower variants cards also which provide rewards and cashbacks for GST And it payment.

you can learn more from these thread: