• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Income Tax Payment] Card which provide benefit on Tax Payment

amitagl27

TF Buzz
Late post, however, if you've Au bank Zenith card, you can still go for tax payment to achieve milestone.
I paid 3L (+2832/-) and got 15140 RP (~3500 RS). Not any significant benefit but atleast you march closer to the milestone.

1711107982619.png

girish3456

TF Premier
Hi,

Can anyone please share credit cards which provide rewards on Income tax payment?

HDFC Infinia, SBI Cashback, AMEX MRCC, Axis Magnus, Yes first Exclusive == I have these cards but none of them provide anything in this category.

Thanks,
anant
expand...
Check for IDFC First Wealth credit card. It gives 3 reward points for every 100 rupees spent. However these government spends are not considered for 10x rewards though you pay 30,000 and above.

3 reward points for 100 rupees will be 75 paise for every 100 spent. I personally paid for tax payment last year and again will use it next month. Some thing is better than nothing that's what I feel where maximum banks are excluded all types of government payments from giving the reward points.

Note: No expiry for reward points & it's a LTF card. Also IDFC First Wealth card can also be applied as c2c

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Check for IDFC First Wealth credit card. It gives 3 reward points for every 100 rupees spent. However these government spends are not considered for 10x rewards though you pay 30,000 and above.

3 reward points for 100 rupees will be 75 paise for every 100 spent. I personally paid for tax payment last year and again will use it next month. Some thing is better than nothing that's what I feel where maximum banks are excluded all types of government payments from giving the reward points.

Note: No expiry for reward points & it's a LTF card. Also IDFC First Wealth card can also be applied as c2c
Are you sure about 3x. I recently paid 5k tax, total was 5047rs and it shows 242 points which is 6x for idfc select.
5047/125*6 = 242

divyam_taparia

TF Select

but income tax portal takes like .91% so dosen't make any sense?

Dad0h0j0

TF Premier
if you own a business account with HDFC bank they can provide you with BIZ CARD.

and their BizBlack Matel card gives 5x rewards for paying taxes. and GST. (but has joining and annual fee of 10k)

they have lower variants cards also which provide rewards and cashbacks for GST And it payment.

Dad0h0j0

TF Premier
if you own a business account with HDFC bank they can provide you with BIZ CARD.

and their BizBlack Matel card gives 5x rewards for paying taxes. and GST. (but has joining and annual fee of 10k)

they have lower variants cards also which provide rewards and cashbacks for GST And it payment.

You can learn more about that

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-23 124932.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-23 124932.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 3

zephyr0

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
IDFC wealth card was my go-to for any tax or government payments like property tax etc. After the recent devaluation, IDFC Wealth gives only 0.75% rewards, which is not even enough to cover the payment gateway charges levied by such sites.

What is the alternative today - I have Infinia, Axis Magnus, Amex plat travel & IDFC wealth cards. Any help from the folks here is appreciated :)

Last edited:

kapendra

TF Buzz
IDFC wealth card was my go-to for any tax or government payments like property tax etc. After the recent evaluation, IDFC Wealth gives only 0.75% rewards, which is not even enough to cover the payment gateway charges levied by such sites.

What is the alternative today - I have Infinia, Axis Magnus, Amex plat travel & IDFC wealth cards. Any help from the folks here is appreciated :)
I used amex travel card for payment property tax it's comes under utility confirmed with customer care as well so no rewards only will be eligible for milestone benefits

zephyr0

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Regrettably, there are not many options left. Yes Marquee gives 1.25% rewards, which is slightly more than the CC gateway charges. Yes bank, Reserv 3X gets you 2.25% for govt transactions.
I am not sure which other card gives any rewards on government payment

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Regrettably, there are not many options left. Yes Marquee gives 1.25% rewards, which is slightly more than the CC gateway charges. Yes bank, Reserv 3X gets you 2.25% for govt transactions.
I am not sure which other card gives any rewards on government payment
Has anyone experience of using Yes Reserve for 3x points for tax payment?