• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank Scam using AADHAR - Deactivate Aadhaar Enabled Payment Service (AePS)

prc1990

TF Ace

ltf4ever

TF Ace

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
guys, I locked my aadhaar successfully.
Now the website is not triggering OTP to unlock it :(
That is why you should not lock it.
When you need to do Biometric Verification, It would not get unlocked if there is server issue.

I faced the same issue.
At the time of need, I was not able to unlock it.
Unnecessary Headache for me.

Without Biometric Verification and Aadhar Number, no one can withdraw funds from your Account using AEPS.

Think yourself in which situation your Fingre Prints get compromised to do BiometricVerification ?

Aadhar number may get compromised but Biometric Verification ?

How a Fraudster will complete Biometric Verification even if he/she has your Aadhar Number ?
Either by Kidnapping you or when you are not in your senses i.e, Drunked or he/she may fool you.

If there is any other situation let me know also.

Last edited:

prc1990

TF Ace
When you need to do Biometric Verification, It would not get unlocked if there is server issue.

I faced the same issue.

Without Biometric Verification and Aadhar Number, no one can withdraw funds from your Account using AEPS.

Think yourself in which situation your Fingre Prints get compromised to do BiometricVerification ?

How a Fraudster will complete Biometric Verification even if he/she has your Aadhar Number ?
Either by Kidnapping you or when you are not in your sense i.e, Drunked or he may fool you.

I heard in some shocking incident, fingerprint info was leaked and was cloned using some polymer. Everything is now possible in the world of fraud 😢😢.

prc1990

TF Ace

I faced the same issue.

Either by Kidnapping you or when you are not in your senses i.e, Drunked or he/she may fool you.

And I think OTP verification should be added for AePS as well as cyber threats are on the rise exponentially 🤢🤢.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

I faced the same issue.

Available on land deal record. Please see article which i posted earlier -

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Happened to famous YouTuber's mother

But Cloning a Finger Print is not a Joke.

Finger data is only available in UIDAI Database
Or Our own fingers and Thumb.

Question is from Where Fraudster got the Finger Print Data ?

If it is carelessness/Security breach at UIDAI
Or
Carelessness of Account Holder who allowed a unknown Person to copy his/her Finger prints unknowingly or Knowingly or took his/her Finger Prints in the disguise of doing some other Activity like While issuing a new Sim Card or Bank KYC etc..

Then only locking Aadhar is not enough

We should cover our Naked hands also using Gloves 24×7 to avoid Cloning of finger Prints.

Last edited:

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor

Or
Carelessness of Account Holder who allowed a unknown Person to copy his/her Finger prints unknowingly or Knowingly or took his/her Finger Prints on the name if doing some other Activity like While issuing a new Sim Card or Bank KYC etc..

We should cover our Naked hands also using Gloves 24×7 to avoid Cloning of finger Prints.
You are forgetting by the way fingerprint data is also available with land registration office.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Or
Carelessness of Account Holder who allowed a unknown Person to copy his/her Finger prints unknowingly or Knowingly or took his/her Finger Prints in the disguise of doing some other Activity like While issuing a new Sim Card or Bank KYC etc..

First remove status quo and confirmation bias so that you are open to new points

anivar

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
There us no way to optout

AePS
IMPS
ATM

Once you seed mobile IMPS works. Once you seed aadhaar AePS works . once you opted card atm works
.you can the the bank to avoid seeding aadhaar or lock biometrics ( but biometrics locking won't solve much)