• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank of baroda saying aadhar mandatory.

telescope

TF Ace
Well folks, today went to nearest branch for opening super savings account. I was told that aadhar is mandatory. I said I am giving passport, voter id along with pan, but they are not ready to listen to me.

Well if you ask me why not opening online, I did try to but it is giving error that mobile number and adhar mobile number is not same. But actually it is same.

Also my adhar address is of different city so not willing to give it.

Why are these psu banks so difficult to deal with?

Vishal N

TF Select
You can quote CKYC number.

This is currently active for stuff like mutual funds, NPS etc, not sure if banks are accepting.

Your KYC (pan address etc) is in a central registry. If you give this number they can get it from there. Accepted by SEBI/RBI.

I think banks require more stringent KYC, but Aadhaar is still not mandatory for offline account opening.

Sahilhenzy

TF Ace
You can quote CKYC number.

This is currently active for stuff like mutual funds, NPS etc, not sure if banks are accepting.

Your KYC (pan address etc) is in a central registry. If you give this number they can get it from there. Accepted by SEBI/RBI.

I think banks require more stringent KYC, but Aadhaar is still not mandatory for offline account opening.
Well, you know that these old bank takes time to implement such things and also vary branch to branch. Goverment is bringing new kyc options but these banks are not ready for Digital India. Maybe because of lack of RnD