• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank of baroda saying aadhar mandatory.

telescope

TF Ace
Well folks, today went to nearest branch for opening super savings account. I was told that aadhar is mandatory. I said I am giving passport, voter id along with pan, but they are not ready to listen to me.

Well if you ask me why not opening online, I did try to but it is giving error that mobile number and adhar mobile number is not same. But actually it is same.

Also my adhar address is of different city so not willing to give it.

Why are these psu banks so difficult to deal with?

Vishal N

TF Select
Well folks, today went to nearest branch for opening super savings account. I was told that aadhar is mandatory. I said I am giving passport, voter id along with pan, but they are not ready to listen to me.

Well if you ask me why not opening online, I did try to but it is giving error that mobile number and adhar mobile number is not same. But actually it is same.

Tell them you'll file a complaint with Ombudsman. RBI rules state which documents can be accepted https://www.rbi.org.in/CommonPerson/english/scripts/notification.aspx?id=2607

If they don't comply after this you can file a complaint. They themselves will call you and ask you to open account after that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-05-13-34-18-043_org.mozilla.fenix-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-05-13-34-18-043_org.mozilla.fenix-edit.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 19

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Keep posted .

Aadhar is mandatory but for address u can use different doc in this case passport

sidp

TF Ace

Aadhaar is not mandatory for bank account
Adhaar and pan are mandatory documents for banks. You can use different documents for identity and address proof purpose. But you need to disclose adhaar and pan no.

telescope

TF Ace
Actually last week I went to the same branch and asked about super savings account and sapphire dc, that same guy said pan and passport is enough. Today he is saying "it's impossible that I said without aadhar is possible". I tried to remind him about the discussion I had with him about super savings account but he was again adamant saying "that must not be me, I don't recognise you, never talked to you, or maybe if I talked to you I told you about about adhar but you didn't hear properly".

Such blatant lies.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Actually last week I went to the same branch and asked about super savings account and sapphire dc, that same guy said pan and passport is enough. Today he is saying "it's impossible that I said without aadhar is possible". I tried to remind him about the discussion I had with him about super savings account but he was again adamant saying "that must not be me, I don't recognise you, never talked to you, or maybe if I talked to you I told you about about adhar but you didn't hear properly".

Such blatant lies.
Sumed up state of affair of banking person

telescope

TF Ace
Keep posted .

Aadhar is mandatory but for address u can use different doc in this case passport

Adhaar and pan are mandatory documents for banks. You can use different documents for identity and address proof purpose. But you need to disclose adhaar and pan no.

sidp

TF Ace
It's not mandatory
You might not use adhaar for address proof. Buy they will use it to for biometric verification. This is to tackle fraud & identity theft. There is no problem if you address is different.

Even though in 2018 sc said it's not mandatory but for all practical purpose it is. Good luck opening an account without disclosing adhaar or pan no. Even if you dont share technically they still can access it (but not the biometric part). Your pan and adhaar are linked. And they also access cersai data which is linked to our adhaar and pan no.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

See u right and wrong.
Right yes aadhar is not mandatory as per say
But it is one of doc required.
Even though financial identity is through pan card
And Social scheme & identification through aadhar

But via passport u can support your claim for address

Aadhaar being online can be validate person in seconds

Since pan & aadar is linked there should be no disdane but banks are banks & employee are dumbshits

telescope

TF Ace
You might not use adhaar for address proof. Buy they will use it to for biometric verification. This is to tackle fraud & identity theft. There is no problem if you address is different.

Even though in 2018 sc said it's not mandatory but for all practical purpose it is. Good luck opening an account without disclosing adhaar or pan no. Even if you dont share technically they still can access it (but not the biometric part). Your pan and adhaar are linked. And they also access cersai data which is linked to our adhaar and pan no.
When did I say I won't disclose my pan?
And thanks for your good wishes

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Funny thing is aadhar is not even a valid proof of citizenship while passport voter id is and these morons insist on it.
I see you must be frustrated with bad incident at Bank even after assurance in first visit
I would say chnge addhar address & save yourself from hassle .
Or try another branch

Vishal N

TF Select

Biometric is also not compulsory. It is for aadhaar verification, which is not even needed if you don't provide Aadhaar.

I consider it to be a matter of personal principle.