• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Share Bank of Baroda Radiance - Experience / Review

RadioactiveTabela

TF Premier
Does anyone have a Bank of Baroda Radiance account? I'm thinking about upgrading from Advantage Savings account, but I see no way to upgrade online / in bobworld. I want to avoid visiting branch unless it absolutely worth it.

1. How is your experience? What are some benefits you have received?
  2. What is the minimum balance required? https://www.bankofbaroda.in/baroda-radiance/ does not mention any. Can I maintain 30 lakhs NRV at the time of upgrade then withdraw it all? Will BoB downgrade my account?
  3. Is PPF considered for NRV calculation?

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Does anyone have a Bank of Baroda Radiance account? I'm thinking about upgrading from Advantage Savings account, but I see no way to upgrade online / in bobworld. I want to avoid visiting branch unless it absolutely worth it.

1. How is your experience? What are some benefits you have received?
  2. What is the minimum balance required? https://www.bankofbaroda.in/baroda-radiance/ does not mention any. Can I maintain 30 lakhs NRV at the time of upgrade then withdraw it all? Will BoB downgrade my account?
  3. Is PPF considered for NRV calculation?
You can't apply online. You need to visit the branch to upgrade your account. TRV of 30L is required for upgrade
  1. How is your experience? What are some benefits you have received? The experience was pretty good either way for me as my family has been banking with them ever since they opened their branch at that location. Multi-decade relationship(both current and savings). Benefits: click here. The only benefit we derived is 50% over locker charge, free debit card. Will soon request LTF Eterna.
  2. What is the minimum balance required? https://www.bankofbaroda.in/baroda-radiance/ does not mention any. Can I maintain 30 lakhs NRV at the time of upgrade and then withdraw it all? Will BoB downgrade my account? As per my BM, there will be no downgrade, but you will lose the benefits like locker concession and free debit card. But that is at the discretion of the branch. Everyone at my branch, especially my BM is pretty chill.
  3. Is PPF considered for NRV calculation? I don't think so. They only consider liability relationship as far I know.

Last edited:

RadioactiveTabela

TF Premier
You can't apply online. You need to visit the branch to upgrade your account. TRV of 30L is required for upgrade
  1. How is your experience? What are some benefits you have received? The experience was pretty good either way for me as my family has been banking with them ever since they opened their branch at that location. Multi-decade relationship(both current and savings). Benefits: click here. The only benefit we derived is 50% over locker charge, free debit card. Will soon request LTF Eterna.
  2. What is the minimum balance required? https://www.bankofbaroda.in/baroda-radiance/ does not mention any. Can I maintain 30 lakhs NRV at the time of upgrade and then withdraw it all? Will BoB downgrade my account? As per my BM, there will be no downgrade, but you will lose the benefits like locker concession and free debit card. But that is at the discretion of the branch. Everyone at my branch, especially my BM is pretty chill.
  3. Is PPF considered for NRV calculation? I don't think so. They only consider liability relationship as far I know.
Thank you, very helpful.

I don't need a locker, and this feels like too much effort for debit card. I'll hold off on applying for now. Hoping, maybe in few months/years they'll notice my NRV and automatically upgrade.

A stupid question: will my account number change due to upgrade?

sanx

TF Buzz

Hi!
Regaring the free debit card, is any debit card given as LTF for Radiance customers?
Like the BOB Opulence Debit Card?
Also what about the Rupay select amd the Visa Sapphire cards?

urboss

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I recently got to know that my account has been converted to RADIANCE by a welcome call from their centralised customer care. And I verified the same in the BoB world app.
Some time ago, the netbanking home screen used to show the RM name & contact details. But I never got any call from the branch by BM or RM. Now, the details are not shown in netbanking. I called the CC but they are also clueless. How to know the RM details?

I read comments in this forum, which says about ETERNA being issued LTF to Radiance customers
1. Has anyone received ETERNA LTF?
2. When I applied online, the eterna card is showing chargeable. I did provide the same radiance account number in the application process. Is there a separate link or something? Or do I have to visit branch only - which like many of us, is the last option for me.

drsarthak

TF Buzz
I recently got to know that my account has been converted to RADIANCE by a welcome call from their centralised customer care. And I verified the same in the BoB world app.
Some time ago, the netbanking home screen used to show the RM name & contact details. But I never got any call from the branch by BM or RM. Now, the details are not shown in netbanking. I called the CC but they are also clueless. How to know the RM details?

I read comments in this forum, which says about ETERNA being issued LTF to Radiance customers
1. Has anyone received ETERNA LTF?
2. When I applied online, the eterna card is showing chargeable. I did provide the same radiance account number in the application process. Is there a separate link or something? Or do I have to visit branch only - which like many of us, is the last option for me.
I have recently received the Eterna card as LTF after my upgrade to Radiance account. Branch manager had to be requested multiple times to get the Eterna card. Am yet to apply for the Sapphire debit card.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have recently received the Eterna card as LTF after my upgrade to Radiance account. Branch manager had to be requested multiple times to get the Eterna card. Am yet to apply for the Sapphire debit card.
Some says the eterna card received this way is not LTF but complementary and would be chargeable if radiance status is lost.

urboss

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
For radiance, the ETERNA needs to be applied through branch because they put a radiance tag in the physical application process so that charges can be waived off. You get 2 verification calls from different departments and the ETA is 7-10 working days. My card is on the way and should get it today or tomorrow.

urboss

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Some says the eterna card received this way is not LTF but complementary and would be chargeable if radiance status is lost.
On paper, yes. Both saphire debit card and ETERNA is complementary not LTF. But i think they don't have automated system for this, that's why people are not getting charged even if Radiance status is lost.