• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank of Baroda Savings Account Online Opening for Existing Customers (Closed Account but Active Customer ID)

sahil1033

TF Premier
I was trying to open Bank of Baroda Lite Savings Account online for my mother but got the error message that she's an existing customer.

She had closed her account around 3 years back. For clarification, visited the branch today and they said that Customer ID is still active and shall remain so forever.

This is very absurd actually. Two questions here :

- Any way to get this resolved? i.e. get the Customer ID mapped to mobile number, Aadhaar and PAN removed?

- Can BoB Lite Savings Account be opened at the branch as well? I would avoid that route but will eventually go ahead if there's no way left.

kjs

TF Premier
I was trying to open Bank of Baroda Lite Savings Account online for my mother but got the error message that she's an existing customer.

She had closed her account around 3 years back. For clarification, visited the branch today and they said that Customer ID is still active and shall remain so forever.

- Any way to get this resolved? i.e. get the Customer ID mapped to mobile number, Aadhaar and PAN removed?

- Can BoB Lite Savings Account be opened at the branch as well? I would avoid that route but will eventually go ahead if there's no way left.
Same happened with Kotak 811. My wife closed Kotak Salary account 2 years back but now we cannot open her 811 account due to already customer id with said PAN/adhar present in their system. Went to Kotak branch they told open a 10k account from branch and then after 6 months convert it to any lower/higher variant as per your choice. This is bank rule and i raised a query on Twitter now X and got same answer

AritraSaha

TF Legend

I think u should be able to open in offline as it not fall under the digital account.

Go to the branch some time later & asked them..

AritraSaha

TF Legend

Same happened with Kotak 811. My wife closed Kotak Salary account 2 years back but now we cannot open her 811 account due to already customer id with said PAN/adhar present in their system. Went to Kotak branch they told open a 10k account from branch and then after 6 months convert it to any lower/higher variant as per your choice. This is bank rule and i raised a query on Twitter now X and got same answer
Kotak policy to not allowed customer to open k811 if they have or had any other account..
Although they can give u solo account (0mab).

sahil1033

TF Premier
I don't know what's the thought process behind this but banks should remove all associations if a customer doesn't hold any type of product with the bank.

And even if banks are trying to keep unique Customer ID, then they should allow customers to open account online if there's no existing product under their mobile number / Aadhaar / PAN.

This is a flaw in the system because existing customer means the customer is using one of the banking products whereas while closing their savings account, the customer has the assurance that there's nothing left here but little do they know, their Customer ID is still active which is fine too if thought in different direction but at least banks should allow opening account online if there's no savings account already active.

sahil1033

TF Premier
I think u should be able to open in offline as it not fall under the digital account.

Go to the branch some time later & asked them..
That's the only option left, I guess. Online account opening gives a lot of authority and proof. Now, while opening at the branch, they will smartly tick the SMS alerts column and what not. Public sector bank employees are way too dramatic and moody as well.

I would've any day preferred account opening online, especially in case of Bank of Baroda as I found their tech to be efficient enough and the whole flow is user friendly. Even bob world app is decent enough which allows a customer to stay from the bank as much as possible despite being a PSU bank.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
That's the only option left, I guess. Online account opening gives a lot of authority and proof. Now, while opening at the branch, they will smartly tick the SMS alerts column and what not. Public sector bank employees are way too dramatic and moody as well.

I would've any day preferred account opening online, especially in case of Bank of Baroda as I found their tech to be efficient enough and the whole flow is user friendly. Even bob world app is decent enough which allows a customer to stay from the bank as much as possible despite being a PSU bank.
You can turn off the sms alerts from the app itself..

sahil1033

TF Premier
One more question, I had requested for BoB RuPay Select DC from bob world app on 14th September. I can even see the card details in the app except for CVV and there's no option to see CVV.

For physical debit card, CVV can't be seen within the app?

Tejo

TF Legend

Not at possible to remove cust ID.

Open ac from branch.

MrWick

TF Premier
If I turn of the Sms alert facility in bob account, will I receive Debit credit txn sms also or only otp sms will be received?

Also After turning off the sms alerts, Sms charges will be levied for that particular quarter or will be levied only for that particular month in which alerts are turned off?