• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AXIS BANK VAS VALUE ADDED SERVICES SMS ALERT CHARGES EVEN AFTER UNSUBSCRIBING OR DEACTIVATING IT

mail2jampa

TF Buzz
only people who stopped AXIS VAS ALERTS CAN REPLY MY QUESTION, OTHERS IGNORE

I am using axis bank account. I opened it last year. on the same day I called customer care to turn off the VAS subscription. so it was off.
No reference number or email received for the same.
But for last and this years every calendar quarter they charged me for SMS ALERT CHARGES.

Does for any one have similar situation that even VAS alert is OFF, STILL SMS ALERT CHARGED GOT DEBITED from AXIS BANK ACCOUNT . (or) when you OFF THE VAS the SMS ALERT charges stopped.

PLEASE REPLY

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
only people who stopped AXIS VAS ALERTS CAN REPLY MY QUESTION, OTHERS IGNORE

I am using axis bank account. I opened it last year. on the same day I called customer care to turn off the VAS subscription. so it was off.
No reference number or email received for the same.
But for last and this years every calendar quarter they charged me for SMS ALERT CHARGES.

Does for any one have similar situation that even VAS alert is OFF, STILL SMS ALERT CHARGED GOT DEBITED from AXIS BANK ACCOUNT . (or) when you OFF THE VAS the SMS ALERT charges stopped.

PLEASE REPLY
Is axis account is your primary one ? If not then convert it into BSDA account and have peace of mind for occasionally use. Only issue is you can operate it as primary account.

ramirami

TF Select
I have some experience with this. It's an ongoing saga.

I tried turning off chargeable SMS using ATM request mode but that never succeeded and ATM always showed some error.

Then called phone banking, the guy said he is turning off the alerts, but was still charged. Called again, same story.

Visited branch, filled up the paper form which has option to turn off alerts. Took a photo of the form, then gave to branch person, then he affixed bank stamp on it. I asked for it back again, took a photo with the bank stamp on the form, then gave it back to him. Was still charged. Waited for next charge, which also happened.

Emailed PNO, attached my photo of form, complained, mentioned RBI BO etc. Branch person called me, said he is again placing request, may be some problem with previous request. I said okay, and was issued some refund of charges. Also received SR number and notification that it was processed etc.

I thought problem solved, but no. Was charged again.

Emailed PNO, "I will be forced to complain to RBI" etc. etc. Branch guy called again. I said we have already spoken last time, what is your bank doing. There is no need to call me, just make sure I am never charged again etc. Received SR number again. Got some charges refunded. Also received email saying "as a one time service gesture we are refunding charges". I got irritated at this wording and replied saying "You are simply reversing these erroneous charges which were imposed because of a mistake on your side. There is no question of a "service gesture" here. The fact that I have to be on the lookout for these bogus charges and then follow up to get them reversed is in itself an indicator of the inferior quality of service provided by your bank."

I wanted to get this in the email chain as I have a feeling RBI Banking Ombudsman will have to get involved and I am going to demand compensation if I am charged again.

Received another refund of SMS charges from the bank.

Now let's see if I am charged again.

Moral of the story is Axis will keep charging and you have to push hard and you have to keep collecting evidence to present to the RBI Ombudsman. Do not accept anything over the phone, get everything in writing.

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

I tried turning off chargeable SMS using ATM request mode but that never succeeded and ATM always showed some error.

Then called phone banking, the guy said he is turning off the alerts, but was still charged. Called again, same story.

Visited branch, filled up the paper form which has option to turn off alerts. Took a photo of the form, then gave to branch person, then he affixed bank stamp on it. I asked for it back again, took a photo with the bank stamp on the form, then gave it back to him. Was still charged. Waited for next charge, which also happened.

Emailed PNO, attached my photo of form, complained, mentioned RBI BO etc. Branch person called me, said he is again placing request, may be some problem with previous request. I said okay, and was issued some refund of charges. Also received SR number and notification that it was processed etc.

Emailed PNO, "I will be forced to complain to RBI" etc. etc. Branch guy called again. I said we have already spoken last time, what is your bank doing. There is no need to call me, just make sure I am never charged again etc. Received SR number again. Got some charges refunded. Also received email saying "as a one time service gesture we are refunding charges". I got irritated at this wording and replied saying "You are simply reversing these erroneous charges which were imposed because of a mistake on your side. There is no question of a "service gesture" here. The fact that I have to be on the lookout for these bogus charges and then follow up to get them reversed is in itself an indicator of the inferior quality of service provided by your bank."

I wanted to get this in the email chain as I have a feeling RBI Banking Ombudsman will have to get involved and I am going to demand compensation if I am charged again.

Moral of the story is Axis will keep charging and you have to push hard and you have to keep collecting evidence to present to the RBI Ombudsman. Do not accept anything over the phone, get everything in writing.
Worst experience 🤦

Batmanbaba

TF Legend

Same situation here..... Have gone to branch.... Gave sms deactivation form... Still from last 4 quaters....charge is being deducted

I get 11-12 rs intrest.... As I only maintain mab of 2500..and 4-5 rs get deducted for sms charges

mail2jampa

TF Buzz

same thing done 2 years completed still charging.
I EVEN taken proof mail that VAS was disabled in previous year, so they cant lie now.

every one in the group, kindly mail to axis customer care mail, " email.services@axisbank.com "
and ask them reply the status of VAS active or disabled in my account ending xxxxxxxABCDE.

so you will get reply that it was disabled. now this act as proof for us in future.

IF ANY one has SR ENTRY NO FOR VAS DISABLE, no need TO mail customer care again. save the SR number and SR RESOLUTION mail

lets wait for more users, and we all can report it,

lets wait for some more persons

thank you bro

Last edited: