• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank Scam using AADHAR - Deactivate Aadhaar Enabled Payment Service (AePS)

AnonGuru

TF Buzz
I'm new here and i found this forum while searching AEPS frauds. Three days ago, rupees ₹ 9000 was stolen from my account using AEPS. Apparently, they have stolen the biometrics from registration office, Yes, they have stolen directly from a govt office during working hours while everyone is doing their job, (I dont think there is any other way) Even the SBI bank manager has asked whether i did any land registrations recently. They are well aware of this fast growing fraud and yet no action was taken to disable AEPS for all by default.

Trust Me

TF Ace
I'm new here and i found this forum while searching AEPS frauds. Three days ago, rupees ₹ 9000 was stolen from my account using AEPS. Apparently, they have stolen the biometrics from registration office, Yes, they have stolen directly from a govt office during working hours while everyone is doing their job, (I dont think there is any other way) Even the SBI bank manager has asked whether i did any land registrations recently. They are well aware of this fast growing fraud and yet no action was taken to disable AEPS for all by default.

That's the big question. When the overwhelming majority of customers aren't even aware of AePS, why leave everybody vulnerable to the risks involved?! Why not make it a considered choice of the interested few?

Yesterday I was discussing the same issue with my BM who wasn't even aware of any option to disable AePS ! I was then asked to apply for "de-seeding" of my Aadhaar, which I did. Now have to do that at all banks. Hope that it helps.

Locking/unlocking is not a viable option since the Aadhaar app and website are so unreliable.

AnonGuru

TF Buzz
We as a family of 4 have to do it for 8 banks now. I dont understand why these transactions are not traceable in this digital age when the amount is transferred to another domestic account, and the perpetrators punished and amount refunded.

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
That's the big question. When the overwhelming majority of customers aren't even aware of AePS, why leave everybody vulnerable to the risks involved?! Why not make it a considered choice of the interested few?

Yesterday I was discussing the same issue with my BM who wasn't even aware of any option to disable AePS ! I was then asked to apply for "de-seeding" of my Aadhaar, which I did. Now have to do that at all banks. Hope that it helps.

Locking/unlocking is not a viable option since the Aadhaar app and website are so unreliable.
which bank is the BM of? was the process successful? how to verify the same?

smz

TF Select
Any further update ?
Got your money back ?

Trust Me

TF Ace
Cloning a fingerprint is very old and people in foreign countries were doing it many years ago from photographs. This whole AePS system is a fool's idea and must be shut down.

Recently read in a prominent newspaper (known also for its masala news reports) that it was decided to disable AePS by default. However, missed any confirmation of that from any other source (including this thread)!

Any updates from anyone?

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
Received following sms 1 month ago from my PSU bank:

As per NPCI guidelines, AEPS debit facility is disabled in your account. Please contact your Home Branch for enabling the same

yolofino

TF Premier
Recently read in a prominent newspaper (known also for its masala news reports) that it was decided to disable AePS by default. However, missed any confirmation of that from any other source (including this thread)!

Any updates from anyone?

Unfortuantely, the govt/bureaucrats get orgasms whenever someone using their fingerprints for kyc or other things, so even if it's disabled by default, the poor folks have no choice but to keep it on to receive their daily income.