• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bali trip through Edge points

Hi All
I am planning for a 4N5D Bali trip in first week of June. Have ~160000 edge reqards points from using Magnus. Was wondering if I could plan a trip mostly using points which can cover travel and stay. Any insights would be highly appreciated. Am new to points game so looking forward to all the suggestions.

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi All
I am planning for a 4N5D Bali trip in first week of June. Have ~160000 edge reqards points from using Magnus. Was wondering if I could plan a trip mostly using points which can cover travel and stay. Any insights would be highly appreciated. Am new to points game so looking forward to all the suggestions.
The minimum points required for 1 person flight one way would be 25k using Krisflyer (20k miles) for 1 person.
If you are travelling with your partner, consider 1L edge points to be spent in all for flights.
Not sure about stays though.

Hey WhoU, this is definitely helpful. I did a quick check and found out that stay could be managed with 50-60k points in Fairfield by Marriott or four points by Sheraton. I do have club marriott membership courtesy diners black, sp was thinking of using the certificates for 30% off and room upgrade as well. However, tbh dont know how to use them

phildunphy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey WhoU, this is definitely helpful. I did a quick check and found out that stay could be managed with 50-60k points in Fairfield by Marriott or four points by Sheraton. I do have club marriott membership courtesy diners black, sp was thinking of using the certificates for 30% off and room upgrade as well. However, tbh dont know how to use them
You pick the hotel and then click on redeem. Coupon code pops up, enter in bonvoy app and price gets adjusted at base rate.
Same goes for upgrade too

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
Hi All
If you are planning to book Marriott Bonvoy Hotels using Points, make it 5N6D. No change to points requirement.

Remember that Points Booking is room only booking. Breakfast is generally not included and you will have to pay for it.

knight

TF Ace
Hi All
Approximately how much would you have spent on magnus so far to accumulate 1.6L points?

And what is the expiry of points?

miles_guy

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
If you have Hilton points (Amex Transfer), one of their properties in Bali, sometimes has rooms for 5k points per night. Plus fifth night free

phildunphy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can you please explain this? in more detail
Infinia gives you club mariott membership. Download club mariott South Asia, activate your membership (contact infinia for landing page), 1Rs verification happens.

Your app should show membership active.
Now you get 2 stay vouchers - 1 30% on rooms for 2 nights.
1 room upgrade (deluxe to next available) for 2 nights.

You can click on redeem and get a coupon which you can enter on chosen hotel while booking through mariott sites.