• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Trip to Bali

Legionomous

TF Buzz
Hello All,

I have never used Credit card reward points for miles so need a bit of guidance for my next trip.

I am looking for a trip to Bali from Ahmedabad for the 24th June to 1st July. The round trip costs around INR 40K for VietJet but I am trying to use my points as well if possible. Based on some of the posts in the community, I tried looking into Awardhacker.com and saw that Singapore airlines costs around 37K points for a round trip but when I visit Singapore airlines website and search for award flights, I get 74K for return. Obviously, I misunderstood the awardhacker.com and for that reason need some help. I am eventually looking for 2 round trip tickets but if even 1 ticket price can be brought down through points, it would be great.

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 10.08.46 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 10.16.41 AM.png

Some points I currently have:
1) Chase Ultimate rewards - 25K
2) United Airlines - 17K
3) Axis Magnus - 16K
4) AMEX - 5K
5) Delta - 4K

Thanks in advance!

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
These are 'Advantage' Fare tickets. You need to search for Saver Fare Tickets by modifiying ur travel dates. This will bring down the Miles requirement to ~40K for a Return economy ticket. Also Awardhacker website is a free and a Third Party Website. This cannot always be relied on. There are many routes for which the mileage requirement is wrong on Awardhacker. The 37K Miles for a Return trip was a pre-devaluation miles requirement. The Devaluation of KrisFlyer Program happened more than 10 months back and the website isnt updated yet.

Best is to always check on Airline Website for Miles requirement and not on such websites. Such websites should only be used as a guiding source.

As for your points, you do not have enough points to book two return tickets.