• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Delight debit card - up to ₹6630 yearly benefit on Swiggy and BookMyShow

pxg

TF Premier
Haven't seen the Axis Delight debit card mentioned here due to steep issuance fees but here we go:
  • Issuance Fee: ₹1500+GST (₹1770 total)
  • Annual Fee: ₹999+GST (₹1180 total)
  • BookMyShow benefit: 50% off up to ₹250 per month (Applicable on solo tickets as well)
  • Swiggy benefit: 25% up to ₹150, 3 times per month, only on orders above ₹400
  • 1 year Times Prime on issuance and on yearly spend above 2L, plus lounge access and other benefits (but I am not counting them)

So, this card is useful if:
  • You watch movies solo at least once every month in premium formats (500rs+ ticket). The discount is not BOGO like most of the other cards.
  • You order from Swiggy restaurants without a restaurant discount. If they have a restaurant discount then most of the Swiggy bank offers are useless as they offer worse discounts or at best 10-20rs more.
Maximum yearly profit from BMS and Swiggy offers = (₹250 x 12) + (₹150 x 3 x 12) - ₹1770 = ₹8400 - ₹1770 = ₹6630.

If they manage to keep up the same offer or equivalent for a year or two more somehow then from second year onwards the calculation would be ₹8400 - ₹1180 = ₹7220

There are very few cards giving solo movie tickets out there (a few super premium cards, IndusInd EazyDiner and this one) so it is worth the steep issuance fee for me.

Last edited:

pxg

TF Premier
compare it with Axis Liberty DC and you would know why this card was not discussed on this forum.
Liberty:
  • 3000 worth of vouchers per year on the account. Debit card is not required for the voucher.
  • 5% on weekend spend with restricted MCCs, useless. I get way better rewards on credit cards and gift cards plus the interest free period on my weekend spends. In fact majority of my weekend spend is via PVR gift voucher and IndusInd EazyDiner for movie+dining.
Delight:
  • Times Prime on issuance and 2L milestone, mostly useless for me though
  • 25% off on EazyDiner up to 800 (Liberty only gives 15% up to 500, same as all other Axis cards)
  • 50% off up to 3000 on BookMyShow movie tickets per year
  • 25% off up to 5400 on Swiggy food orders per year
Anyway, I have Axis ASAP Insta Save account from 2019, 0 MAB with no conditions only consolidated charges. Upgraded my debit card to Delight recently after looking at the rewards carefully.

If Axis allows opening second account, I will do it for liberty solely for voucher on CC payment. But Delight is not a bad card for me.

Last edited:

hellobois

TF Ace
Liberty:
  • 3000 worth of vouchers per year on the account. Debit card is not required for the voucher.
  • 5% on weekend spend with restricted MCCs, useless. I get way better rewards on credit cards and gift cards plus the interest free period on my weekend spends. In fact majority of my weekend spend is via PVR gift voucher and IndusInd EazyDiner for movie+dining.
Delight:
  • 25% off on EazyDiner up to 800 (Liberty only gives 15% up to 500, same as all other Axis cards)
Anyway, I have Axis ASAP Insta Save account from 2019, 0 MAB with no conditions only consolidated charges. Upgraded my debit card to Delight recently after looking at the rewards carefully.

If Axis allows opening second account, I will do it for liberty solely for voucher on CC payment. But Delight is not a bad card for me.
Liberty gives hard cash. No other gimmicks, no discount, no movie tickets.
A true CC enthusiast needs hard cash bro.
We smell it and we get high 🤑😂😂.
Nothing can beat the cashback :)

D₹V

TF Prestige
Liberty:
Delight:

Do some research about Kotak Savings Everyday Account & DC offers too 😜.

30% upto 1000 on ED
RuPay Platinum DC (Amazon offer)
Swiggy & other offers.
At just 354₹ annual fees.

pxg

TF Premier
Delight DC can provide more value than the annual fee and it is available for regular Axis accounts, so I posted about it in the DC section. I am aware of the variety of bank accounts from the posts in the bank account section.

Suggesting RuPay, Liberty and Everyday cards in this thread is like saying AmEx Platinum is useless because Arindam posted a trick for some shady prepaid RuPay card which gives infinite money glitch to bank account while AmEx Platinum doesn't provide rewards in cold hard cash. Those 2 are extreme exmples but my point is that Delight and Liberty/RuPay Platinum are not valid comparisons at all. So, I don't see the point of these replies. If you don't watch movies solo or order on Swiggy enough for these discounts then don't get the card. If you watch movies and order on Swiggy enough for a profit here, get the Delight card. AND you can still get Liberty or Millennia or IndusInd or RBL or whatever free money debit card is available to pay your CC bills or rotate money through wallets, as well as the RuPay Platinum DCs for RuPay offers.

So far my Millennia card has been enough to cover genuine CC bills without rotating money to bank, which is why I don't have Liberty yet. Will open it whenever I get the time as my bills are higher now. I need to make sure that my current insta save account 0MAB won't get upgraded by the dumb Axis employees as it is impossible to get now. All of my accounts are 0MAB without conditions for waiver. Banks don't provide such accounts anymore and all these new accounts are actually 25K/10K MAB with specific spend waivers. They can change the spend waivers/offers any day but converting 0MAB to a MAB account will be much harder for the bank.

RuPay Platinum DC (Amazon offer)
I have a SBI RuPay platinum DC for the same 354 fee on my 0MAB SBI account for RuPay offers. I don't need to keep track of txns done every month and don't want to open multiple ecom accounts to collect different RuPay cards for redeeming in bulk every friday.

Also everyone and their extended family knows about these RuPay offers by now. It is not news.
Liberty gives hard cash. No other gimmicks, no discount, no movie tickets.
A true CC enthusiast needs hard cash bro.
We smell it and we get high 🤑😂😂.
Nothing can beat the cashback :)

It doesn't give cold hard cash though. It gives gift vouchers. Given that I spend 1K minimum on movies a month and exceed both HDFC Swiggy and Airtel Axis cashback limit on Swiggy/Zomato (20k+), 250 off and 450 off is as good as cold hard cash to me. I have multiple cards for multiple offers. After delight is exhausted, IndusInd cards come in handy especially with the current offers. After that, RuPay, IDFC and ICICI have offers and so on.

And as I have mentioned before, much better CCs/GV offers available if you are talking about the 5% cashback on weekend spends. I do shopping, etc. on DC only when I have forgotten my CCs at home. Apart from random Swiggy/Zomato/BMS offers DCs are only good for paying CC bills now.

Last edited:

pxg

TF Premier
Nahi batana tha😭
Everyday and Liberty are more than 1 year old. Hundreds of pages on both on TF and DD since the past 1 year. Every new RuPay card news is broadcasted on both forums, kuch secret nahi hai. Even if you don't want info about RuPay you will come across posts from Abhishek everyday.

On the other hand there is no info about the latest Delight DC rewards. Previously it was a mediocre card as the only benefits were 2000 yatra voucher and times prime, and for a while the BMS offer was BOGO. However with the changes from this year it is a decent card at least for my needs.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Everyday and Liberty are more than 1 year old. Hundreds of pages on both on TF and DD since the past 1 year. Every new RuPay card news is broadcasted on both forums, kuch secret nahi hai. Even if you don't want info about RuPay you will come across posts from Abhishek everyday.

On the other hand there is no info about the latest Delight DC rewards. Previously it was a mediocre card as the only benefits were 2000 yatra voucher and times prime, and for a while the BMS offer was BOGO. However with the changes from this year it is a decent card at least for my needs.
Everyday ka 100 page kya 2 page me bhi baat nahi hua hai 🤣🤣🤣

And that ED offer makes it hidden gem 💎, though it's not of my use.

That's why he said 'nahi batana tha'.

Ek aur secret hai jo nahi bataya maine 😜 aur wo na hi bataunga.

LJGIBBS

TF Ace
Everyday ka 100 page kya 2 page me bhi baat nahi hua hai 🤣🤣🤣

And that ED offer makes it hidden gem 💎, though it's not of my use.

That's why he said 'nahi batana tha'.

Ek aur secret hai jo nahi bataya maine 😜 aur wo na hi bataunga.
For me ED is so imp that I don't even care about that secret benefit. Bs usi ke liye rakha hua hai account. Har mahine ke start mei ED khol kr dekhta hu ki is mahine offer hai na.

sparkit

TF Premier
Contributor
Haven't seen the Axis Delight debit card mentioned here due to steep issuance fees but here we go:
  • Issuance Fee: ₹1500+GST (₹1770 total)
  • Annual Fee: ₹999+GST (₹1180 total)
  • BookMyShow benefit: 50% off up to ₹250 per month (Applicable on solo tickets as well)
  • Swiggy benefit: 25% up to ₹150, 3 times per month, only on orders above ₹400
  • 1 year Times Prime on issuance and on yearly spend above 2L, plus lounge access and other benefits (but I am not counting them)

So, this card is useful if:
  • You watch movies solo at least once every month in premium formats (500rs+ ticket). The discount is not BOGO like most of the other cards.
  • You order from Swiggy restaurants without a restaurant discount. If they have a restaurant discount then most of the Swiggy bank offers are useless as they offer worse discounts or at best 10-20rs more.
Maximum yearly profit from BMS and Swiggy offers = (₹250 x 12) + (₹150 x 3 x 12) - ₹1770 = ₹8400 - ₹1770 = ₹6630.

If they manage to keep up the same offer or equivalent for a year or two more somehow then from second year onwards the calculation would be ₹8400 - ₹1180 = ₹7220

There are very few cards giving solo movie tickets out there (a few super premium cards, IndusInd EazyDiner and this one) so it is worth the steep issuance fee for me.
We cannot get both Restaurant coupon and card discount with this card right?