• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

gurpreet.9211

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I hold account with axis(8+ years) and have offer to upgrade to Burgundy. Which got me thinking if I should upgrade or switch to HDFC with imperia account.

What are the pros and cons, if someone can share experience.

P.S. : I have Axis Magnus CC

adi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Get any n block your RM no. (Reason below)
All private banks RM gets huge target from banks to sell (chipka do bs customer ko) policy.

Imo you should only change if you are not satisfied with them.

Sab private banks ka Bura haal hai.

Aryan Malhotra

TF Premier
I hold account with axis(8+ years) and have offer to upgrade to Burgundy. Which got me thinking if I should upgrade or switch to HDFC with imperia account.

Axis Burgundy would be better considering you have magnus which will continue to give good reward rate even after devaluation, benefits are almost same in imperia and burgundy

AritraSaha

TF Legend

If your experience with axis bank has good so far, then stick to burgundy.
Otherwise can look into different bank.

*they might downgrade you & charges you if u don't maintain TRV

Trust Me

TF Ace

From your statement it appears that you're not quite satisfied with your experience with Axis. Otherwise you wouldn't be looking for alternatives!

I have both Burgundy and Imperia. In my considered view Axis are not a professionally run organization. They appear to me to be a disjointed lot of various departments with no functional communication mechanism between them! If some issues appear, your BM (let alone your RM), with all the good intentions, would likely be as helpless as you are, and won't be able to get you a quick resolution. And things are always breaking down! There are many other issues too.

That's why I like to call them the 'As Is' Bank, you take whatever you get.

HDFC, with all their faults, are relatively better. Basic things tend to work there, unlike at Axis.

With Indian private banks, it is a matter of choosing the lesser evil. In my view, HDFC are the lesser evil of the two.

jainsuk

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My 2 cents. It really depends on your luck and the RM you are provided. My experience with Axis Burgundy RM is much better than HDFC Infinia RM (absolutely useless and HDFC also does not seem to care). Considering that Burgundy will continue to provide 5:4 miles transfer it may be a better option.

niks

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
From your statement it appears that you're not quite satisfied with your experience with Axis. Otherwise you wouldn't be looking for alternatives!

I have both Burgundy and Imperia. In my considered view Axis are not a professionally run organization. They appear to me to be a disjointed lot of various departments with no functional communication mechanism between them! If some issues appear, your BM (let alone your RM), with all the good intentions, would likely be as helpless as you are, and won't be able to get you a quick resolution. And things are always breaking down! There are many other issues too.

HDFC, with all their faults, are relatively better. Basic things tend to work there, unlike at Axis.

With Indian private banks, it is a matter of choosing the lesser evil. In my view, HDFC are the lesser evil of the two.
Couldn't agree more. Probably the only downside of HDFC as compared to Axis is that, as compared to Axis, there are more things in HDFC that require visiting the branch instead of using the app (e.g. changing your contact email address). But at least things get done. I have had nothing but poor experience with Axis, whether for my personal account, or for my office related corporate account.

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Both are pretty much useless. But with Burgundy, you get some benefits such as Golf and BMS offer. Don’t know how much that matter though. I am holding Imperia for 4 years and yet to find out or use one benefit

Trust Me

TF Ace
Yes, I agree that how good the RM turns out to be depends on the luck of the draw.

But what matters much more to me is the overall culture of the Bank. In my view Axis are not an honorable organization. Just one example (there are more):

1. One that many here can relate to is the reward points system. Both HDFC and Axis ask for 90 to 120 days. HDFC automatically credit mine without fail, usually much earlier too.

On the other hand, Axis typically wait till 120 days or more, and often don't credit the points at all without me having to ask for those. It's so annoying for me having to beg for my entitlement that I've stopped using my Select card (or the DC) unless there is an instant discount.

There are more serious transgressions as well. Axis are a dishonorable organization.

AritraSaha

TF Legend

Does it even worth it to have this kind of high end account.

If i don't keep the required mab they will downgrade me & charges me.

What do you think?🧐

Trust Me

TF Ace
Does it even worth it to have this kind of high end account.

If i don't keep the required mab they will downgrade me & charges me.

What do you think?🧐

These are no high end accounts, -- those are meant for bigger people! :).

For SB accounts I look for the easiest way to get all basic services free of cost (of course, with the expectation of minimum acceptable levels of service).

I find it easier to go the TRV way. That gives me more control, without having to worry about maintaining the AMB all the time. I try to get the highest level consistent with the TRV I can afford. That sometimes gets me useful frills, and sometimes nothing that is of much value to me. But that's how it goes.

If I anticipate a decease in the TRV, I can always downgrade the account to the next lower level (within reason). This way I never have to worry about maintaining the AMB and the consequent charges.